• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone still trust Tepper at this point?

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Reports were the Jets specifically took issue with Rhule wanting to bring in an all college staff. 

Yes, Rhule didn’t want Greg Williams.   But I always took it that the primary deal breaker was Rhule not be willing to break away from his all college staff.   Not that it had to be Williams. 

If you are fighting over Jets scraps again and again....

You might be a bottom feeder.

55 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Why do you think Tepper is responsible for us passing on Fields?  Isn't this the opposite of media reports?  Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy with him.   Just curious what your rationale is RE: QB since it seems kinda the opposite until maybe Cam recently.

Tepper is the reason that the staff felt the need to move on from Teddy asap rather than allow the rebuild to take place. To be fair, he was interested in Fields but that meddling resulted in his shitty staff pulling the trigger on Darnold over the rookies to try and compete now (might have been communicated that that was the expectation? idk).

Would have much rather the team sacrificed Bridgewater behind this awful OL so that he could be cut after the season and the team retain all of the resources lost. That would have allowed the flexibility to draft Fields or Jones rather than pass due to everything invested in rushing to replace Teddy with Sam.

Edited by Icege

15 minutes ago, CRA said:

Reports were the Jets specifically took issue with Rhule wanting to bring in an all college staff. 

Yes, Rhule didn’t want Greg Williams.   But I always took it that the primary deal breaker was Rhule not being willing to break away from his all college staff.   Not that it had to be Williams. 

To be fair, I'd take Phil Snow over Greg Williams too. fug him.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Yes, Rhule didn’t want Greg Williams.   But I always took it that the primary deal breaker was Rhule not being willing to break away from his all college staff.   Not that it had to be Williams. 

The reports I read was that Rhule wanted to bring in his own staff, and the Jets wanted to force him to bring in Williams.  Ofc, both bringing in a college staff and not wanting Greg Williams can be the same.

Snow was always going to go with Rhule wherever he went... he isn't my biggest problem on our staff either.

1 hour ago, Icege said:

Tepper is the reason that the staff felt the need to move on from Teddy asap rather than allow the rebuild to take place. To be fair, he was interested in Fields but that meddling resulted in his shitty staff pulling the trigger on Darnold over the rookies to try and compete now (might have been communicated that that was the expectation? idk).

Would have much rather the team sacrificed Bridgewater behind this awful OL so that he could be cut after the season and the team retain all of the resources lost. That would have allowed the flexibility to draft Fields or Jones rather than pass due to everything invested in rushing to replace Teddy with Sam.

Are we sure about this?  Teddy threw the *coaching staff* under the bus. admittedly, he was right, but are you sure that this was Tepper stepping in vs the staff being done with him?

I don't think we can blame Tepper directly for Darnold or a lack of Fields; if anything, what we've heard is he pushed hard for Fields.

21 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Are we sure about this?  Teddy threw the *coaching staff* under the bus. admittedly, he was right, but are you sure that this was Tepper stepping in vs the staff being done with him?

I don't think we can blame Tepper directly for Darnold or a lack of Fields; if anything, what we've heard is he pushed hard for Fields.

Tepper reportedly wanted Fields so I can't buy that argument.

With regard to Bridgewater though, don't know if he actually said anything behind the scenes, but his public comments about Teddy did make the idea of bringing him back difficult and awkward.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Block me, or point out the good he's done since taking over.

-Building a massive new practice facility that is better than the crappy outdoor field right outside the stadium that Jerry thought was okay for NFL players to practice

-Goal of breaking ground on a new stadium in the next 10 years, with additional development around the stadium site, and not a dome

-Took a hands off approach immediately after buying the team, then chose to fire the old regime after they weren't going anywhere

-Opens his pocketbook to pay big money to coach and staff, even if he signed off on the wrong one it is still great to not have a cheapskate

-Aggressive in finding a franchise QB, only to be turned down by Stafford (trade was done) and Watson's penis

-Doesn't have female staffers massage his bare feet

I think you should give him more than a few years, especially since he took over a team that was aged out and without a franchise QB

4 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

-Building a massive new practice facility that is better than the crappy outdoor field right outside the stadium that Jerry thought was okay for NFL players to practice

-Goal of breaking ground on a new stadium in the next 10 years, with additional development around the stadium site, and not a dome

-Took a hands off approach immediately after buying the team, then chose to fire the old regime after they weren't going anywhere

-Opens his pocketbook to pay big money to coach and staff, even if he signed off on the wrong one it is still great to not have a cheapskate

-Aggressive in finding a franchise QB, only to be turned down by Stafford (trade was done) and Watson's penis

-Doesn't have female staffers massage his bare feet

I think you should give him more than a few years, especially since he took over a team that was aged out and without a franchise QB

Uuuhhh, yeah 😕

The parts of that that are "on the field football" related are mostly only tangentially so.

I'd add that spending a lot of money on a coach isn't actually a good thing when that coach sucks.

56 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Uuuhhh, yeah 😕

The parts of that that are "on the field football" related are mostly only tangentially so.

I'd add that spending a lot of money on a coach isn't actually a good thing when that coach sucks.

Spending money on a coach is only a bad thing if it's a Reason he won't move on.  Not sure that is true.

I don't really want the owner involved with things on the field frankly. I just want him able to move on from those not performing.  He did so with Rivera and Hurney... Hoping he does with Rhule as well.  He may give him a third year, which would disappoint me, but we will see.

• Beer 1