• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule responds to scathing report of volatile culture

ladypanther

3 hours ago, ladypanther said:

He should negotiate a payout to leave.  Then he can be ready for one of those higher paying college jobs next year.  Win, win.

You are absolutely right 

I can’t stomach him 

I’m having a real hard time seeing any value, whatsoever, in keeping him 

From what I saw from my section (342)  of PSL owners this year, the have all sold except for two, me and one other guy.  I renewed mine because I thought sure that they would draft a qb and oline men.  They didn’t 

it matters not what he does in two meaningless games 

I have to question Tepper as well.  Did he not ask to see short term and long term plans from this guy and approve them before he signed him?

7 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Brown? Dude was a 6th rounder and we coached him at the Senior Bowl. No one else wanted him. I don’t know why we seem to think he’s good. He was always a project just based on the weight because he was downright pitiful at the Senior Bowl. My mom could have run around him. Christensen, sure. Brown is a let’s see if he even makes the team next year first. I’m hoping we take OL with every pick this year and in that case it would be easy to see him not make the cut.

Brown is a man-mountain.   There aren't too many people on the planet with his natural size and strength. 

I'd rather the coaching staff put Brown in there for a few games and have him fail than never seeing him in live action.  You never really know how he's going to play until he actually does.  

That's especially true given how poor the Guard play has been for the Panthers this season.  You know Miller isn't going to get much better.  He is what he is.  But as a rookie Brown may at least be able to improve.  So let's see him out there. 

Edited by BlitzMonster
  • Pie 3

2 hours ago, Castavar said:

Last I've heard, Gase was now a high school offensive coordinator (not even head coach). Yikes.

Yep, that kind of bad press will do that.

He needs to think long term and realize he’ll be under a national microscope next year with no QB and no Oline. 

He can guarantee himself millions of college dollars by quitting and saying something like “I realize now my talents, methods, and passions are in the college game.”

• Pie 2

29 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Brown? Dude was a 6th rounder and we coached him at the Senior Bowl. No one else wanted him. I don’t know why we seem to think he’s good. He was always a project just based on the weight because he was downright pitiful at the Senior Bowl. My mom could have run around him. Christensen, sure. Brown is a let’s see if he even makes the team next year first. I’m hoping we take OL with every pick this year and in that case it would be easy to see him not make the cut.

Have you not seen our IOL play this season? We coached Brown at the Senior Bowl and chose to take him over Trey Smith who is starting and playing well for the Chiefs. We obviously saw something in him and only a dumbass would keep trotting the same people out there each week expecting a different result. Why not see if he can help us? We didn’t draft him for special teams. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

22 minutes ago, stbugs said:

In college at Alabama surrounded on the left and right by 1st rounders, it’s easy and you can be a man-mountain. This is the NFL and there are a lot of big guys. He was a project. I’m not saying don’t play him but I think people think Rhule is holding back some amazing talent.

I will ask you, did you watch the Senior Bowl? If not, I’m not exaggerating to say he looked like the worst OL out there and literally looked 3 times slower than every defensive player. Maybe the fact that he did well against our 1st round Brown put him on a pedestal, before we saw Brown get manhandled by NFL OL this year. I wanted Trey Smith and I was right, he’s had a great year starting every game for KC.

I watched him at the Senior Bowl and he looked awful in practice and the game. I also wanted Trey Smith over DB but Coach Rhule fell in love with Fletch and his long snapping skills. Our coaching staff has played Hoskins, Keith Taylor Jr. but won’t give reps to DB despite the fact that it’s the weakest part of our team. We have nothing to play for, let’s get him on some game tape and see where we are with him. 

Btw, Quinn Meinerz looked great during the practices Senior Bowl week before he was injured and Creed Humphrey did as well. We could’ve easily drafted both of them but took luxury positions instead. We aren’t committed to rebuilding this O-Line and it’s clearly obvious to everyone. 

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, stbugs said:

In college at Alabama surrounded on the left and right by 1st rounders, it’s easy and you can be a man-mountain. This is the NFL and there are a lot of big guys. He was a project. I’m not saying don’t play him but I think people think Rhule is holding back some amazing talent.

I will ask you, did you watch the Senior Bowl? If not, I’m not exaggerating to say he looked like the worst OL out there and literally looked 3 times slower than every defensive player. Maybe the fact that he did well against our 1st round Brown put him on a pedestal, before we saw Brown get manhandled by NFL OL this year. I wanted Trey Smith and I was right, he’s had a great year starting every game for KC.

That's why you see so many of those big Alabama OL fail.

It's easy when you are surrounded by elite college OL.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Taking a long snapper over a starting G and a WR over a starting C when you have already decided to extend Robby is mind blowing.

Another reason why Rhule has to go and Fitterer is at best suspect.

Hopefully, Fitterer provided some sort of pushback to Rhule before drafting yet another WR instead of addressing the O-line.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 2

15 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Yeah, we fuged up a lot for OL in the draft. I didn’t mind anything except our ignoring of OL. Smith and Humphrey dropped into our laps. A 3rd and a 6th when you have 11 picks and 4 mediocre to bad OL to replace is draft misconduct. Taking a long snapper over a starting G and a WR over a starting C when you have already decided to extend Robby is mind blowing.

I agree with everything you just stated. What frustrates me is everything fell in our lap and Rhule still blew it. Our offensive line problems could’ve been solved last draft but Rhule thought we were set with our shaky and questionable free agent signings. The man has no eye for talent. 

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Another reason why Rhule has to go and Fitterer is at best suspect.

Hopefully, Fitterer provided some sort of pushback to Rhule before drafting yet another WR instead of addressing the O-line.

Fitterer did pull off some good trades and I think our draft was high value when ignoring team needs.  While ideally the GM is considering team needs, we don't actually know what Rhule decided were needs...

I'm a little worried reports were he wasn't high on Fields since we really need him to hit the next QB selection out of the park.