• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold can’t throw the ball past the line of scrimmage.

hepcat

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

yes the OL sucks.  The one Matt Rhule put together. 

But Sam sucks. Which makes the OL look even worse.  

and our offensive gameplans and playcalls suck.  Which makes the OL look even worse. 

No I'm done with thinking that Sam nor Cam is making the Oline look any worst.. 

The Oline is just bad no matter who is back there...

The play calling looks as bad as it does because there is no trust in the Oline..

You dink and dunk because you have no trust in the Oline.. You overly try to run the ball even when it isn't working because you can't trust the oline.. 2 coordinator call the game the same way because the Oline is terrible and nobody trust them.. The Coach, the QBS, the coordinator... 

Edited by WOW!!

21 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

No I'm done with thinking that Sam nor Cam is making the Oline look any worst.. 

The Oline is just bad no matter who is back there...

The play calling looks as bad as it does because there is no trust in the Oline..

You dink and dunk because you have no trust in the Oline.. You overly try to run the ball even when it isn't working because you can't trust the oline.. 2 coordinator call the game the same way because the Oline is terrible and nobody trust them.. The Coach, the QBS, the coordinator... 

disagree.  It isn’t just the OL and the proof IMO has been documented throughout the season.   A lot of it isn’t all the OL.  

Sam’s first couple games he looked decent. 
PJ’s first game he looked decent vs AZ.   Cam first game and his first start vs Washington he looked decent.   That’s a consistent trend. 

The reason for that is there was uncertainty about what we were doing on offense.  The result?   Offensive line wasn’t an issue.    And there was offense.  Without or without CMC. 

once opposing coaches know what this horrible staff is doing?   They lay the smack down on our offense and our staff can’t do anything about it.   They aren’t a NFL coaching staff and opposing coaches are exploiting it.  

Another example of that is how things get worse every week after half time.   We are out coached consistently.   It’s why our O disappears as the game gets going.    But exists initially out is the gate most weeks.    If it was just all an OL issue….the O production would be more consistent in terms of not having it. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

disagree.  It isn’t just the OL and the proof IMO has been documented throughout the season.   A lot of it isn’t all the OL.  

PJ’s first game he looked decent vs AZ.   Cam first game and his first start vs Washington he looked decent.   That’s a consistent trend. 

The reason for that is there was uncertainty about what we were doing on offense.  The result?   Offensive line wasn’t an issue.   

once opposing coaches know what this horrible staff is doing?   They lay the smack down on our offense and our staff can’t do anything about it.   They aren’t a NFL coaching staff. 

Yeah I'm sorry CRA... I don't know what game you're watching at this point.. 

Since the Miami game it's been the same game plan by every defense no matter if its Cam or Sam or PJ.. Blitz and you will get Atleast 2 free rushers at the QB.. 

2 offensive coordinator and I see the same "I don't trust my Oline play calling".. Any time they try a deep route combination or deep pass.. The QB has .2 seconds before a kill shot coming up the middle... 

Literally John Miller didn't even get a finger on Cam on that last sacked.. Then said "sacks happen".. This Oline has been incredibly horrible and no matter who is back there.. The constant hits and pressure and running for your life.. Will sucked the whole making the Line look better out of you...

All those the 1st time they saw a QB we looked okay thing was basically teams needing more time to figure out what we could do to different Qb's.  But generally once they figure out no matter what QB they could beat our Oline.. Cam started to get sacked multiple times as well.. 

It's the Oline it's not that hard to see..

Edited by WOW!!

Darnold isn't the problem. Cam isn't the problem. Hell, PJ Walker isnt the problem. The Panthers entire offensive line except for Moton needs to be scrapped. 

He didn't have time to throw on every, single, drop back in the 2nd half. What do you want him to do? Get hit literally every time he drops back to pass.

Darnold could be fine with even an average offensive line.

1 minute ago, CPcavedweller said:

Darnold isn't the problem. Cam isn't the problem. Hell, PJ Walker isnt the problem. The Panthers entire offensive line except for Moton needs to be scrapped. 

He didn't have time to throw on every, single, drop back in the 2nd half. What do you want him to do? Get hit literally every time he drops back to pass.

I don't believe that either... But I do believe Sam and Cam will probably be here next year.. But this Oline can and needs to be improved or we can't judge any thing.. OC, Offensive weapons, Qb's and the defense...

6 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Sam sucks 

Cam Sucks 

Oline Sucks 

Coaching Sucks 

Our owner sucks. 

Our draft picks have sucked 

All  of the above can be true.  No point trying to defend any of them. 

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, CRA said:

The reason for that is there was uncertainty about what we were doing on offense.  The result?   Offensive line wasn’t an issue.    And there was offense.  Without or without CMC. 

once opposing coaches know what this horrible staff is doing?   They lay the smack down on our offense and our staff can’t do anything about it.   They aren’t a NFL coaching staff and opposing coaches are exploiting it.  

Another example of that is how things get worse every week after half time.   We are out coached consistently.   It’s why our O disappears as the game gets going.    But exists initially out is the gate most weeks.    If it was just all an OL issue….the O production would be more consistent in terms of not having it. 

The problem with this is the oline statistically ranks as the worst in the league…in basically all measures. Dead last. An average game here or there out of 17 is not a consistent trend…the statistics tell you what the consistent trends are and it’s not pretty.

Moving out to all other seasons in the past 2 decades, again, the oline is in the bottom 10. That’s bottom 10 out of almost 650 olines for every team for 20 years. I mean 15 sacks, most under 2.5 seconds (average time to throw), often far less, in two games is really unheard of at this level.

That is just insane to think about.

Edited by onmyown

16 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Yeah I'm sorry CRA... I don't know what game you're watching at this point.. 

Since the Miami game it's been the same game plan by every defense no matter if its Cam or Sam or PJ.. Blitz and you will get Atleast 2 free rushers at the QB.. 

2 offensive coordinator and I see the same "I don't trust my Oline play calling".. Any time they try a deep route combination or deep pass.. The QB has .2 seconds before a kill shot coming up the middle... 

Literally John Miller didn't even get a finger on Cam on that last sacked.. Then said "sacks happen".. This Oline has been incredibly horrible and no matter who is back there.. The constant hits and pressure and running for your life.. Will sucked the whole making the Line look better out of you...

All those the 1st time they saw a QB we looked okay thing was basically teams needing more time to figure out what we could do to different Qb's.  But generally once they figure out no matter what QB they could beat our Oline.. Cam started to get sacked multiple times as well.. 

It's the Oline it's not that hard to see..

OL does suck. 

But if it is all the OL and not coaching (lack thereof)…..why does the OL manage to allow somewhat respectable offense early and then get blown up after they get a chance to look at our whack game plans? Check the first quarter vs 3rd.  Same thing each week. 

and why does the OL offense work every time Rhule debuts a new QB? And then once he keeps putting the same guy out there it turns to poo.

if it is all OL and not also coaching….you wouldn’t see the clear discrepancies 

• Pie 1