• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just watch Sam's feet.

Zod

And to piggyback off of some of the other posts I'm reading here about Sam...  idgaf about his arm talent.  There are millions of people in the world that, if trained, could throw a ball on a rope 70 yards downfield.  But what makes a pro, a pro, is their ability to read a defense and process what they're seeing and react accordingly.  It's what separates the physically talented from the professionals.  Ok, great, Sam has a relatively strong arm (and tbh, I haven't even been that impressed with his arm strength either), but if he can't read a defense it means absolutely nothing.

It's like basketball...  I can be 6'9" with crazy hops and athleticism, but if I don't have basketball IQ and I don't have the refined motor skills to handle the ball and put myself in a position to score or get others in that position, then what am I good for?  An occasional putback dunk on a highlight reel?  Hustle plays and defense?  So I might occasionally have a good night, but you can never depend on me.  That's what Sam is. 

You can have an absolute cannon for an arm and the speed and physicality of Vick and Cam combined, but if you can't read a defense it means absolutely nothing because it can't be utilized.  You might get lucky here or there, but it will never be consistent.  We've seen hundreds of guys like this over the years, and sadly, I think the stats would bear out that if you don't come in with that ability, you don't ever develop it.  You just don't.  Sam is what he is and always has been...  and he won't be the first, nor the last of his ilk.  And it's why that trade never made any fuging sense whatsoever.

• Pie 8

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

And to piggyback off of some of the other posts I'm reading here about Sam...  idgaf about his arm talent.  There are millions of people in the world that, if trained, could throw a ball on a rope 70 yards downfield.  But what makes a pro, a pro, is their ability to read a defense and process what they're seeing and react accordingly.  It's what separates the physically talented from the professionals.  Ok, great, Sam has a relatively strong arm (and tbh, I haven't even been that impressed with his arm strength either), but if he can't read a defense it means absolutely nothing.

It's like basketball...  I can be 6'9" with crazy hops and athleticism, but if I don't have basketball IQ and I don't have the refined motor skills to handle the ball and put myself in a position to score or get others in that position, than what am I good for?  An occasional putback dunk on a highlight reel?  That's what Sam is. 

You can have an absolute cannon for an arm and the speed and physicality of Vick and Cam combined, but if you can't read a defense it means absolutely nothing because it can't be utilized.  You might get lucky here or there, but it will never be consistent.  We've seen hundreds of guys like this over the years, and sadly, I think the stats would bear out that if you don't come in with that ability, you don't ever develop it.  You just don't.  Sam is what he is and always has been...  and he won't be the first, nor the last of his ilk.  And it's why that trade never made any fuging sense whatsoever.

Cam didn't say any names, but didn't he referenced "cowards". Aside from this coach wouldn't Sam apply?

What we find disgusting about Rhule is he blames others and names names without taking PERSONAL responsibility. That's why people are upset with Sam.

See Cam always blames himself, so on face value idiots blame Cam. THAT'S Leadership, not throwing everybody else under the bus.

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

At this point he is under contract for 2022 and will be on the roster if he isn't cut or traded. So it isn't if we keep him as much as who do we find that is much better so he isn't our best option. And right now as bad as he is, he is the best option right now.

For that reason alone I'd prefer they retain the icon and entertainer that was cast and molded in KEEP POUNDING passed down to him from the great #89 who got it from Moose who got it from Sam Mills.

4 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Cam and the Panthers vs the world would be MUCH more entertaining than this bullsht. At least he IS Panthers history playing and leading. Passing it forward.

Neither Rhule nor a new coach is gonna give a sh-t about Panthers history or being entertaining.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Neither Rhule nor a new coach is gonna give a sh-t about Panthers history or being entertaining.

The franchise has to make money Scot and also have good will toward it's community and it's history. History is what we are as fans, all if it. Tepper cares about that. That's why QB1 is in the building.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

The franchise has to make money Scot and also have good will toward it's community and it's history. History is what we are as fans, all if it. Tepper cares about that. That's why QB1 is in the building.

And how long did that last?

Winning makes money. Nostalgia doesn't.

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Cam didn't say any names, but didn't he referenced "cowards". Aside from this coach wouldn't Sam apply?

What we find disgusting about Rhule is he blames others and names names without taking PERSONAL responsibility. That's why people are upset with Sam.

See Cam always blames himself, so on face value idiots blame Cam. THAT'S Leadership, not throwing everybody else under the bus.

Sam does take personal responsibility tho. It's a total false narrative to say he doesn't. He's done it after every game and he did it after yesterday's. People are drumming up false controversy for who knows what reason.  He's not a good QB, but not everything needs to be Cam vs someone else.  It isn't Sams fault he sucks imo, he just doesn't have it.  It's rhules fault for putting him in a situation he couldn't possibly succeed in - same way it's rhules fault for how cam has been treated the last few weeks.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, joemac said:

He is truly just a broken, awful, scared QB.  Literally the worst supposed starting QB ive ever watched, and I have watched some real stinkers.  Jesus Christ, what have we done?

Wise words. Panicking all the time. How the he.k did we get him and the disaster RHULE. Cmon, BAYLOR and TEMPLE,good god. Please Mr. Tepper fix this.

Edited by Jens