• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Great article about Christensen, author throws shade all over Rhule’s face about arm length

37 minutes ago, stbugs said:

SMH, man people are ready to crown him @MHS831 . He’s been OK but not being able to pick up blitzes after his guy stunts is a big problem. 

That’s a mental, experience thing not a physical thing. That screams coaching and a rookie learning curve. 

it’s one of many reasons I want rhule and staff gone now. We are a super young team that desperately needs adequate nfl coaching.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

That’s a mental, experience thing not a physical thing. That screams coaching and a rookie learning curve. 

it’s one of many reasons I want rhule and staff gone now. We are a super young team that desperately needs adequate nfl coaching.

I actually think we got some very good players the last couple years in the draft... And like you, I am really worried they're going to be ruined by this piss poor coaching.  You can see the regression in many of our 2nd year / younger players, and the rookies are largely failing to develop as you'd expect...

Its the total lack of development that has me done with Rhule. I actually didn't expect us to win much this year anyway but seeing critical players seeming to play worse and be out of position more the longer they have with these coaches??? Bad sign.

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I still don't know why anyone would want to play him at OG, he doesn't have the strength. 

We should have 100% taken Slater. Ohh well, hope for the best and expect the worst I guess. 

For real. Theres college film breakdown on him where his biggest weaknesses are the bull rush and looking real stiff on inside run plays. The Ras stuff doesn't mean a guy isn't stiff/clumsy when squeezed in beside other guys, and I really doubt he can pull like a true guard. Rhule shouldn't be making roster decisions

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

For real. Theres college film breakdown on him where his biggest weaknesses are the bull rush and looking real stiff on inside run plays. The Ras stuff doesn't mean a guy isn't stiff/clumsy when squeezed in beside other guys, and I really doubt he can pull like a true guard. Rhule shouldn't be making roster decisions

Pulling is about the only thing at OG I think he could do adequately. Watching him line up against a great DT would be hard to watch. I think he can play LT good enough, not sure he will ever be worth a true LT contract tho. Hope for the best is all we can do with BC at this point. I sure wish we would have played him more at LT this year. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I don't get it, they just threw Michael Jordan out there as a starter as soon as he go here with no offseason experience with the playbook. Chuba got nearly every touch in the preseason, but some other guys like BC, Shi, Deonte have done nothing wrong and can't sniff the field. It's gotta be some mental complex for Rhule, that's how he convinced people to hire him as a coach in the first place but it's also why he can't let whatever trivial poo go and let the best guys play because he'll look like he was wrong

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

I don't get it, they just threw Michael Jordan out there as a starter as soon as he go here with no offseason experience with the playbook. Chuba got nearly every touch in the preseason, but some other guys like BC, Shi, Deonte have done nothing wrong and can't sniff the field. It's gotta be some mental complex for Rhule, that's how he convinced people to hire him as a coach in the first place but it's also why he can't let whatever trivial poo go and let the best guys play because he'll look like he was wrong

MJ had nfl experience is the only thing I can guess. I’m guessing he’s trying to avoid rookies for the past several weeks because we’ve been getting destroyed and he’s trying to save his job. Only thing that makes sense. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Pulling is about the only thing at OG I think he could do adequately. Watching him line up against a great DT would be hard to watch. I think he can play LT good enough, not sure he will ever be worth a true LT contract tho. Hope for the best is all we can do with BC at this point. I sure wish we would have played him more at LT this year. 

He can physically move sideways but I can't imagine him pulling like this dude on our bench 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Our OL situation becomes a MUCH easier fix if we have the long-term solutions in place at both OT spots. Serviceable IOL are much easier to find. Well, they are unless Matt Rhule or Marty Hurney are the ones shopping. My concern is Scott Fitterer may need to be on that list too. Seattle's OL is as bad as ours.

We have to draft a Center. Just not one that Rhule has any say on. I would be perfectly fine keeping BC at LT next year and fixing center and at least one guard spot. But depth is huge too. We need to get some significant young depth on the OL for inevitable injuries. 

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

He can physically move sideways but I can't imagine him pulling like this dude on our bench 

I was just saying i think he would get there just fine, I think you are right that it wouldn't be good when he got there tho. I miss having OGs like that. 

• Beer 1