• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dear Tepper... Take the dam hit...

WOW!!

7 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

He'd use analytics to build the entire roster based on versatility and then watch as the entire team imploded. At some point you have to forget the numbers and actually get athletes to play the game at their positions. 

I thought his over-use of analytics is what put us in this position to begin with. The athleticism score on the guys we drafted last year were off the charts on everyone except Deonte Brown which would explain why Rhule never plays him. Rhule’s process is going to favor Mike Mamula type failures and would never allow him to play a Zack Thomas type player. 

To make matters worse Rhule is all in on this crap. He won’t deviate from his idiotic process. If Cam Erving is available then he starts because his arms are longer than BCs. John Miller’s athletic score must be far superior to Deonte Brown’s because Rhule has never once considered making a switch. His job contract must read like a frigging prospectus where he states that all decisions on starting lineups are based off of his process and that will be adhered to at all times. 

8 hours ago, onmyown said:

If you reset you draft a qb…wtf is up with people wanting to bring back cam? That’s just clinging on to the past, how is a beat up cam going to do any good during a rebuild? 

if you’re going to reset and rebuild the right way it’s with drafting the future at qb and building up the oline 

I’ve seen enough to believe that with pass protection Cam’s still got franchise QB play in him. And Cam’s talent, even now past his prime, brings an x-factor that is too rare to not take advantage of while we still can. I can’t say the same about Sam and PJ.

Until we get some pass protection no QB will do well here. It’s the most important aspect of the rebuild and gambling a high pick on a rookie QB right now is putting the wagon before the horse. Whoever we put behind center is doomed unless the line is fixed first.

Edited by MechaZain
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, onmyown said:

If you reset you draft a qb…wtf is up with people wanting to bring back cam? That’s just clinging on to the past, how is a beat up cam going to do any good during a rebuild? 

if you’re going to reset and rebuild the right way it’s with drafting the future at qb and building up the oline 

I don't think anyone is insisting bringing Cam Newton back as the long term starter. We have no offensive line, so rationally the expectation would be forego QB in a QB weak draft and draft lineman, bring Cam back to start 2022&2023 and draft a QB in 2023. Let him sit under Cam in 2023, start him in 2024. 

I'd rather watch us suck with Cam then Sam or PJ.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Because the next draft isn’t where we’re going to get our next QB. We need to invest in the oline and draft our QB the following year.  Bring Cam back for next year and maybe the next to let the new QB ease into the NFL. Cam showed he can still play, he just can’t elevate beyond bad coaching and oline like he used to have to. 

...Yes draft oline heavily this draft and qb the following year. but the drawback is we need to go 0-17 or 1-16 to get that qb...which shouldnt be to hard if rhule is back... its almost a certainty...  

2 hours ago, BrianS said:

How many coaches ever get off the hot seat?  Honest question.

I can't think of any coaches who were considered to be on the hot seat but turned it around to have a long career at that team.  Can you?

Ron Rivera 2012, or 13. Right before He led us to 3 straight NFC South titles. I guess you technically wouldnt call it a long career with 1 team, but 9 years is long to me.

9 hours ago, onmyown said:

There isn’t a QB in the draft that’s going to be ready to start. You bring Cam back because he can be the super hero that we don’t deserve. He’ll fall on the sword and take all the blame for this shitty team while it gets fixed around him. And while he’s doing that you get the new guy ready for 2023. 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

There isn’t a QB in the draft that’s going to be ready to start. You bring Cam back because he can be the super hero that we don’t deserve. He’ll fall on the sword and take all the blame for this shitty team while it gets fixed around him. And while he’s doing that you get the new guy ready for 2023. 

He's been doing that since 2011 and shtty ars fans still blame him for everything. These fans deserve Rhule they've been so ungrateful and never deserved SuperCam.

Patriots fans are rooting for the guy over here. I'll just go ahead and label them as smarter than the average Panthers fan.

Cam isn't and never was the obstacle to this day. It was always COACHING and Oline. 

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Don't be swayed by wanting to win faster.. Don't try to take short cuts in team building..

Show some fuging patience and let football ppl do there job...

Whether you keep Rhule another season or not.. Next year should be a development year not a win at all cost... Take the hit on Sam dumbass 5th year option... Sign players that help more for the future then now... Don't let this staff draft or make another QB decision.. Make them try to figure it out with Sam and Cam.. Offseason number 1 mission fix and develop the Oline.. If you fire Rhule and hire a new coach (that the GM wants not you) still fix and develop the Oline... 2022 isn't about winning it's about getting out of the BS that Rhule and You have put this team in.. Don't lose anymore assets unless it helps 2023... No big FA signing.. No cap killing offseason.. Take the fuging hit for 2022...

Sorry about the rant but I really don't care about any moves that don't improve the Oline or going all out to win in 2022.. That ficking ship has sailed into a tsunami for me...

If Tepper is not letting the staff mortgage the future is he really letting football people do their job?

We actually need the opposite.  If he keeps Rhule, I'm guessing Rhule is going to try and win now, Tepper needs to step in and not let him do something stupid.

14 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

If Tepper is not letting the staff mortgage the future is he really letting football people do their job?

We actually need the opposite.  If he keeps Rhule, I'm guessing Rhule is going to try and win now, Tepper needs to step in and not let him do something stupid.

If Tepper didn't get to impatient.. Teddy would still be here and we would still have most of our draft picks and better Cap situation going into this offseason..

12 hours ago, onmyown said:

Depends who is there at qb whether not you take one. You need to get your line soared up no matter the qb. Investment should be on the line and TE, wrs. TEs are a safety blanket need that for young qbs especially. No need right now to really draft a qb when you have so much vested in Sam. Build your line.

12 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Versatility is rarely a good thing at the NFL level. It's hard enough to be good at one particular position. "Versatility" usually just means you kinda suck but you can kinda suck at multiple positions hopefully not while being a massive liability.

Versatility is for bench players not starters..lol

Edited by Darvinsun

14 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

If Tepper didn't get to impatient.. Teddy would still be here and we would still have most of our draft picks and better Cap situation going into this offseason..

I didn't say anything about impatient.

You said Tepper needed to let the football people make the decisions but then you said Tepper didn't need to let them do anythign stupid by mortgaging the future.  Which is it?

Edited by AU-panther
spelling