• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is a real coach Tepper!

BurnNChinn

11 minutes ago, jumpman910 said:

Only an underachiever with consistently losing to the patriots, which is rumored to be the reason Tepper led the charge in wanting him fired when he was a minority owner. 

I get it but a lot of the holes came from consistently having middle to late 20 picks and not hitting on mega impact prospects (besides Watt) . Which still is on the gm more than Tomlin 

It was more people than Tepper and it was the fact they lost to the Blake Bortle led Jags which prompted the pitch forks that offseason.

19 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

It’s not entirely Tomlin. That organization is ran the way one should be ran. Multiple coaches have had success there because the family who owns it makes sure the right people are in the right positions.

Tepper evidently learned nothing while he was with them.

Can't believe Tepper actually listened to Marty Hurney's advice for three years.  Marty fugin' Hurney!  A GM whose biggest claim to fame was a grand total of 3 winning seasons in 15 years!

I have to believe Tepper did zero research on the history of the Panthers organization prior to taking ownership.  Probably did zero research on the Steelers organization as well. 

Between Tepper's opinions of Hurney and Tomlin, there is only one conclusion to be drawn:  Dave is a terrible judge of football talent.  Possibly the worst Panthers fans have ever known.

How else would you explain Tepper taking three years before he finally fired Marty?

Bonus Material:  Matt Rhule's contract/Matt Rhule is still employed

• Pie 2

Im not the biggest tomlin fan, but I think he is a good coach. Sure the organization has helped him win some of those wins, but that same organization helped cowher and noll just as much.

It was eye opening  looking at each of the three tenures of said coaches. Tomlin has the better win percentage. I also didnt realize/remember that Noll's last years were kind of ugly.

I also had thought that Marvin Lewis had nothing but terrible years at Cincy,which I thought assisted in Tomlin's wins along with the browns. I was wrong! Marvin Lewis had a lot more winning seasons than I can remember.

Wondering why Lewis isnt coaching somewhere.

Not to take away from Tomlin's accomplishment though, I dont think I would call an 8-8 season winning,except maybe for the Lions. He had three of them.

pete

4 hours ago, PeteRozelle said:

Im not the biggest tomlin fan, but I think he is a good coach. Sure the organization has helped him win some of those wins, but that same organization helped cowher and noll just as much.

It was eye opening  looking at each of the three tenures of said coaches. Tomlin has the better win percentage. I also didnt realize/remember that Noll's last years were kind of ugly.

I also had thought that Marvin Lewis had nothing but terrible years at Cincy,which I thought assisted in Tomlin's wins along with the browns. I was wrong! Marvin Lewis had a lot more winning seasons than I can remember.

Wondering why Lewis isnt coaching somewhere.

Not to take away from Tomlin's accomplishment though, I dont think I would call an 8-8 season winning,except maybe for the Lions. He had three of them.

pete

How often do we go 8-8 or better? 
Edit just looked up Tomlin: in these 15 seasons he went 8-8 three times. 

Edited by Varking

On 1/4/2022 at 1:28 AM, BurnNChinn said:

Never understood it and would take him in a heartbeat if available. Too bad Tepper wanted him gone while he was there and now I’m wondering if Tepper even knows what a good coach would be. 

A person with Tepper's money doesn't really care.  He's playing his own game.