• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should we draft IOWA center Tyler Linderbaum in the 1st round or go with a LT?

SCO96

42 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

I’m a little leery about Neal just because we heard so much good stuff about Little and he didn’t do squat.

Would’ve been really freaking awesome if Brady got more playing time so they could see whether he was the answer or not. What a bunch of clueless clowns.

Neal is pretty much a consensus top 5 or 10 pick by most people whereas Little was considered a round 2 or 3 pick by most people.  He might not work out but I wouldn't worry about Little as a comparison.

Edited by AU-panther
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I would pick Linderbaum in a heartbeat and not think twice about it. Spend the next three picks on a Guard / Tackle prospects and let Christensen stick at LT. We are then one vet guard away from being light years ahead of the talent we currently have. Center is a QB’s best friend and Linderbaum is the best center prospect to ever come out. He will be a plug and play pro bowl center for the next 12+ years. The interior of our line is the worst it has ever been in the history of our franchise and this would be the best prospect to correct it. 

I’d be for this.  Initially wanted to trade down and get Cross, but with Christensen looking promising at LT we should just go best OL available with how bad we are across the board.  Just hope his arms grow .75 inches so he can actually start at LT next year since I fully believe Rhule will return.  

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

#6 for an interior lineman straight screams desperation 

I mean, aren’t we?  It’s not good to reach for needs and I’m not saying we need him specifically, but we seriously need OL.  I don’t care where it is.  Drafting down is still preferable as long as we still take good OL talent.  It’s a deep draft for this 

4 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

I mean, aren’t we?  It’s not good to reach for needs and I’m not saying we need him specifically, but we seriously need OL.  I don’t care where it is.  Drafting down is still preferable as long as we still take good OL talent.  It’s a deep draft for this 

No…we aren’t.  We should almost assuredly trading down and that is the best move unless a franchise LT is available.  You don’t spend #6 on a center that is undersized.  They go second round like Kahlil.  

Edited by Shocker

2 hours ago, chbright said:

Lindstrom later (4th or 5th) maybe, not sold he is rugged enough but if he can make all the line calls correctly to get more out of the others, it's worth it.  I like OL with lots of snaps/games. Also put a lot on the C when an entire like plays well. Iowa, Wyoming, and ISU all have run the ball really well for 3+ years with the C they have had and rotation of OG OT year in and out. Speaks to the quality of the players yes, but also to the constant C getting guys into the right calls.

Now how they do with pass pro that's another story. Didn't dive into that, not how their line did as units in pass pro.

Cryder popped on the radar recently. Likely a bigger name and already well known if not playing for Wyoming. 

re: bolded; ALL OF THE YES

The Lindstroms, imo, have been great college players but awful pros. Alex is stronger than Chris though, and more aggressive from what limited Boston College action I've caught this season (tbh, he was the only guy on the roster. The issue for me though is that between him and Tyler Vrabel (another lineage player) is Zion Johnson who is much, much higher rated than both guys. Was their success due to their high college floor and sandwiching a 2nd round OL prospect? At the very least, he'd be a solid back-up with the potential to develop into a starter. Luke Matthews is in the same boat, funny enough both of their brothers are Failcons. 👀

Jarrett Patterson out of Notre Dame looks like a Dollar General version of Lindstrom to me as well.

Have you heard anything about Dylan Parham out of Memphis? A buddy of mine that's got a pretty good eye for talent mentioned him recently to me as a potential guy to watch.

Just now, Shocker said:

No…we aren’t.  We should all most assuredly trading down and that is the best move unless a franchise LT is available.  You don’t spend #6 on a center that is undersized.  They go second round like Kahlil.  

We have 1 good starter on the line and a bunch of crap and unknown, albeit promising talents.  Yes, totally agree with trading down.  However, this draft isn’t great for QBs so finding someone willing to give up enough to actually trade down meaningfully is the hard part.  But I have faith in Fitt in that.  If we traded down to mid-late teens I would still take Lindenbaum.  

Just now, PandaMan said:

We have 1 good starter on the line and a bunch of crap and unknown, albeit promising talents.  Yes, totally agree with trading down.  However, this draft isn’t great for QBs so finding someone willing to give up enough to actually trade down meaningfully is the hard part.  But I have faith in Fitt in that.  If we traded down to mid-late teens I would still take Lindenbaum.  

Agree…its tough.  If we stay there and pick we have to take the best player.  As hard as it would be to pass on OL.  A team with no QB and no OL isn’t fixable 1 offseason.  Reaching in the draft doesn’t work

Evan Neal is not going to be available at #6 when the Panthers make their selection, and he's being projected as a RT to boot.

Ikem Ekwonu would be an incredible pick because both he and Christensen can play LT/LG so just figure out who fits where best and let them go.

Charles Cross is looking like a very, very intriguing LT prospect that has gotten some eyes on him recently.

Tyler Linderbaum is the #1 OL in the draft, being rated above Neal the same way that Slater was rated higher than Sewell though Sewell was projected higher (I will never understand that tbh). He also plays a position that literally effects the entire OL.

Shiiiiiit... even if Rhule tries to go full Rhule there's still Kyle Hamilton, George Karlaftis, or a QB.

I'm really, really excited for this draft despite not having a 2nd or 3rd. I'm eager to see who that next franchise cornerstone is expected to be.

Edited by Icege
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, Icege said:

Evan Neal is not going to be available at #6 when the Panthers make their selection, and he's being projected as a RT to boot.

That leaves Ikem Ekwonu, who would be an incredible pick because both he and Christensen can play LT/LG so just figure out who fits where best and let them go.

Charles Cross is looking like a very, very intriguing LT prospect that has gotten some eyes on him recently.

Tyler Linderbaum is the #1 OL in the draft, being rated above Neal the same way that Slater was rated higher than Sewell though Sewell was projected higher (I will never understand that tbh). He also plays a position that literally effects the entire OL.

Shiiiiiit... even if Rhule tries to go full Rhule there's still Kyle Hamilton, George Karlaftis, or a QB.

I'm really, really excited for this draft despite not having a 2nd or 3rd. I'm eager to see who that next franchise cornerstone is expected to be.

Cross is also undersized.  Linderbaum is not the top OL thats Neal.  Things may change.  The Panthers, if we are smart…which Fitty is will take the best player when we pick.  Value and trading down will be amazing to watch.  I like Fitty and Rhule making those calls.

Edited by Shocker

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Cross is also undersized.  Linderbaum is not the top OL thats Neal.  Things may change.  The Panthers if we are smart…which Fitty is will take the best player when we pick.  Value and trading down will be amazing to watch.  I like Fitty and Rhule making those calls.

Duke Mayweather declared Tyler Linderbaum OL #1.

I'll take his word over your's since you're too busy this year to run your algorithm. 😛

Linderbaum and Cross are also not undersized, unless you think Christensen's arms are too short. Matt? 👀

Edited by Icege
holy poo why is there still bourbon in this house
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2