• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Miami no longer in for Watson

Ja  Rhule

Could we possibly get Watson in a trade involving McCaffrey, Darnold, Burns, and future draft picks not including 6 overall this year? If so I'd do that -- draft OL at 6, shed McC and Darnold cap hits allowing us to get more OL help in free agency and re-sign Reddick, draft RB later in the draft and go cheap at that position and we could be looking at a decent roster if we hit on the OL additions. Would also be banking on YGM being able to replace Burns a bit -- won't be quite the pass rusher but better against the run.

First off firing Brian Flores was ridiculous IMO.  He got a raw deal there.

Thank god we didn’t trade for Watson before all this broke.  We need to stay away from him obviously.  Trading for him now would be complete lunacy 

Edited by Shocker

29 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

Watson will likely settle lawsuit in next few months and his price is way down.  I think he could be had for 1 1st or even 2nd round. Too much baggage.

LOL yeah right dude.  Even as it stands right now hes going to take AT LEAST 2 firsts and a player like Burns to get moved.  

1 minute ago, joemac said:

LOL yeah right dude.  Even as it stands right now hes going to take AT LEAST 2 firsts and a player like Burns to get moved.  

Nah, Houston already said he’s not welcome there.  It all depends where Watson wants to go.  His price tag dropped since last year.

16 minutes ago, t96 said:

Could we possibly get Watson in a trade involving McCaffrey, Darnold, Burns, and future draft picks not including 6 overall this year? If so I'd do that -- draft OL at 6, shed McC and Darnold cap hits allowing us to get more OL help in free agency and re-sign Reddick, draft RB later in the draft and go cheap at that position and we could be looking at a decent roster if we hit on the OL additions. Would also be banking on YGM being able to replace Burns a bit -- won't be quite the pass rusher but better against the run.

Lol

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

Nah, Houston already said he’s not welcome there.  It all depends where Watson wants to go.  His price tag dropped since last year.

I have a feeling we're going to be neck deep in the contest for him this off-season, no matter how high or low the price is.  poo, it wouldn't surprise me if Tepper himself offered to pay the settlements to all these women just to get his stuff cleared up! 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Trading your only three good players and the No. 1 overall in 2023 to Houston for a guy who won't play, Total Tepper Move

Burns, Darnold and McCaffrey are our only 3 good players? McCaffrey is a net negative lately due to his contract and inability to stay on the field and being at a position that's easy to find. Burns is solid but not sure he'll be worth the 2nd contract he'll be able to demand. Darnold lol

Just now, t96 said:

Burns, Darnold and McCaffrey are our only 3 good players? McCaffrey is a net negative lately due to his contract and inability to stay on the field and being at a position that's easy to find. Burns is solid but not sure he'll be worth the 2nd contract he'll be able to demand. Darnold lol

Darnold is hot garbage but giving up your only Pro Bowler to hope and pray your second-round bust DE can somehow improve is ignorant as hell. But fug it, do it. I hope they go 0-17 every year. 

At least they continue to work hard at achieving that.

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

Darnold is hot garbage but giving up your only Pro Bowler to hope and pray your second-round bust DE can somehow improve is ignorant as hell. But fug it, do it. I hope they go 0-17 every year. 

At least they continue to work hard at achieving that.

9 sacks in 17 games and trash against the run, how he made the pro bowl I have no idea. He's got a ton of potential still as a pass rusher but if he can be the centerpiece in a trade for an MVP caliber QB you trade him in a heartbeat.

• Pie 1