• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

• panthers-redskins-1.jpg

Tepper wants us to fail...

Panthro

Moving the team (aside from the other factors already pointed out) presupposes that there is a city/market that wants an NFL team and that the league wants to put one there.

Cant really think of a city/market that wants one that didnt tell the last one to go spit when it came time to build/upgrade their facilities.

Just now, PhillyB said:

he's not ditching a built in fanbase with phenomenal infrastructure 

panthers have one of the most fairweather fanbases in the NFL. I don't think Panthers fans will stick around for a decade of futility. In 2026 the stadium will be 30 years old and is already one of the oldest in the NFL. If this team continues down the road they're going I think it becomes a real conversation to move the team. 

3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

central texas is ripe for a team. just wait. 

So what happens if Tepper does move the team there? Is he going to move again when he inevitably alienates those fans too? What's the endgame outside of "build an actual winning franchise"?

2 minutes ago, Panthro said:

Right there between Austin and San Antonio

Yep I totally imagine a stadium being build in New Braunfels and a train being built between Austin and SA. They added games to add teams. 

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

panthers have one of the most fairweather fanbases in the NFL. I don't think Panthers fans will stick around for a decade of futility. In 2026 the stadium will be 30 years old and is already one of the oldest in the NFL. If this team continues down the road they're going I think it becomes a real conversation to move the team. 

There's no chance that either 1995 expansion team is in its first city by 2030. 

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

There's no chance that either 1995 expansion team is in its first city by 2030. 

Jacksonville definitely has the higher chance of moving but the Panthers are not out of the question.