• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This can be a playoff team next year if we bring Cam back......

tukafan21

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

OR we could be a playoff team by firing Rhule and hiring Flores. Seems a lot easier? 

Flores is a fantastic coach, but Tua is head and shoulders above any QB on the Panthers' roster. And the rest of his old team team isn't bad either. I don't think Flores in a vacuum is enough.

Edited by Borat

50 minutes ago, Borat said:

If only Cam had an all-time great coach. Then he'd certainly play like it's the early 2010s again!

(It's possible for them to both be insufficient for their roles) 

Yeah but there’s clear evidence neither of the 4 qbs have had success under Rhule, you don’t need an all time coach but one that understand basics of the nfl is a start 

I don’t see any all time coaches subbing out there qb multiple times during a game 

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Yeah but there’s clear evidence neither of the 4 qbs have had success under Rhule, you don’t need an all time coach but one that understand basics of the nfl is a start 

I don’t see any all time coaches subbing out there qb multiple times during a game 

"When you have two QBs, you have none." Panthers have that x2. 

Plus, none of Bridgewater, Darnold, nor Walker were exactly luminaries elsewhere, but it's not like they totally nosedived in Panthers uniforms (vs. their prior stops). Bridgewater is easily the best of the other three, and his year in Carolina wasn't to dissimilar from his best years in NO or Minny, output-wise. Darnold looks a lot like the Jets version. And Walker started 2 games. I think it's a bit of a stretch to attribute their struggles to Rhule, when they have held pretty steady from their play for previous teams.

Old Cam would transform this team. The current version is too old and injury-plagued. 

27 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

If you haven’t seen “cam is 0-13 in his last 13 starts as a panther” in nearly every thread that’s on you 

Sure, but that is just as much "Cam is no longer the answer" vs. "Cam is the problem." He's really not producing that differently than Darnold, et al.

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, onmyown said:

i’d still like to see cam with a great, winning coach, above average oline, top offensive receiving weapons and healthy cmc, and offensive scheme tailor fit for cam, top 5 ranked defense, and refs who know how to accurately call a game

i think he’d do well

So would most NFL starting quarterbacks.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, EasternJ said:

It might be worth mentioning again, but I believe Cam was 0-13 in has last 13 starts as a Panthers QB.  Is there any other fan base that would continue to worship a quarterback with this type of record?  "But,but,but-- if we can just make the offensive line stronger, get a new coach, a better defense-- it's not Cam's fault", blah blah blah.  

Seriously, the top of this forum has him doing his superman pose and he hasn't won a game as a Panthers starter since before he played for another team.  

Posts like this make me laugh. You want to prove Cam is no longer a starting QB in the NFL and THAT is the stat you use? That is the most irrelevant stat you could have used LOL. I seriously wonder how some of you have made it this far in life. The average intelligence of this board is so astoundingly low and it all starts with posts like this.

The Carolina Panthers have not had a winning record in 4 seasons btw. With or without Cam Newton so to say it's all Cam's fault has to be one of the dumbest things I've read this early into the offseason. Way to go on that achievement bud

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 1

32 minutes ago, Borat said:

"When you have two QBs, you have none." Panthers have that x2. 

Plus, none of Bridgewater, Darnold, nor Walker were exactly luminaries elsewhere, but it's not like they totally nosedived in Panthers uniforms (vs. their prior stops). Bridgewater is easily the best of the other three, and his year in Carolina wasn't to dissimilar from his best years in NO or Minny, output-wise. Darnold looks a lot like the Jets version. And Walker started 2 games. I think it's a bit of a stretch to attribute their struggles to Rhule, when they have held pretty steady from their play for previous teams.

Old Cam would transform this team. The current version is too old and injury-plagued. 

Sure, but that is just as much "Cam is no longer the answer" vs. "Cam is the problem." He's really not producing that differently than Darnold, et al.

I’m not agreeing with op but going as far as he’s done etc I’m not going that far, team was trash, team has been trash under Rhule.

bridgewater before his injury was playing well compared to here last year 

Sam posted arguable his worst season as a nfl starter 

the 0-13 stat gets thrown out a lot around here with no context, in 7-9 of those games Newton posted good numbers. Point is the focus is on Newton not being adequate instead of the team in general isn’t adequate, fix the team then we can worry about getting a qb, Sam,cam, Teddy etc haven’t been put in a position to succeed and it’s evident 

1 hour ago, Borat said:

Flores is a fantastic coach, but Tua is head and shoulders above any QB on the Panthers' roster. And the rest of his old team team isn't bad either. I don't think Flores in a vacuum is enough.

I think Flores with our talent on defense would be a playoff team. If he hires a good OC, we could get dangerous in a year or two. Tua wasn’t anything special this year, had a terrible OL like us and I feel like we have more talent on defense/overall than that Dolphins team.