• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This can be a playoff team next year if we bring Cam back......

tukafan21

1 hour ago, Borat said:

Bridgewater's QB rating in Denver (94.9) was pretty darn close to his in Carolina (92.1). And his QBR was way better (56.8 vs. 47.7) he was a far more impactful rusher in Carolina than in NO or Denver. 

Darnold's stats were right on top of those in his final Jets season.

I agree that Newton isn't the only issue on that 0-13 stat. I'm just saying 1) the other QBs didn't really regress all that much and 2) thus, you can't throw it all on Rhule, the team, etc., especially given that Cam didn't exactly light up NE with an all-time coach. 

I mean ne went and spent 120 mil in reaction to the 2020 season, Def not his better season but given circumstances I’d say he faired more well than most.

this is on rhule, the offense looks poor once cmc goes down, all the qbs play seem to regress drastically when he’s out. The o line, the draft picks, the dead cap on said qbs, apparently leads back to rhule.

It’s hard to evaluate a qb behind this slop we put on the field during the losing streak.

9 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I mean ne went and spent 120 mil in reaction to the 2020 season, Def not his better season but given circumstances I’d say he faired more well than most.

this is on rhule, the offense looks poor once cmc goes down, all the qbs play seem to regress drastically when he’s out. The o line, the draft picks, the dead cap on said qbs, apparently leads back to rhule.

It’s hard to evaluate a qb behind this slop we put on the field during the losing streak.

Could someone translate this?

1 hour ago, Shaqil915 said:

Lol, is there a website or something with just a list of lines to regurgitate to try to diminish Cam?

Those were assumedly backup gigs though, which he wasn’t willing to take. The point of contention in this thread is “is Cam a playoff QB” (/ “is Cam even still a starter”). So in that sense, the lack of a gig is indeed still an indictment. 

3 hours ago, Borat said:

Those were assumedly backup gigs though, which he wasn’t willing to take. The point of contention in this thread is “is Cam a playoff QB” (/ “is Cam even still a starter”). So in that sense, the lack of a gig is indeed still an indictment. 

Lol, how do you assume Houston to be a backup gig?

As for "Playoff QB", I don't know what that means, considering Big Ben's been tripping over himself all season and is in the playoffs. For starter, if Darnold is a starter next season, then yes, Cam's still a starter in this league.

11 hours ago, Shaqil915 said:

Lol, is there a website or something with just a list of lines to regurgitate to try to diminish Cam?

I don't know, but there sure seem to be plenty of Cam fluffers around here.   The backward logic I keep hearing is that if Sam if a starter than Cam is a starter.  Sam is not so therefore Cam is no with this logic.  I hope that helps the Cam-addicts begin to move on.  

• Pie 1

Cam Newton is without a doubt a QB who can get you to the playoffs. He has proven that multiple times.

Anyone who doubts that would likely think a 1st round rookie QB would be better at competing in the playoffs than Cam. History proves that is a crap shoot and you have to greatly limit your playbook unless you win the QB lottery.

You'll lose more than you win with that lottery.

Cam has about 3 to 5 more years in him. He is better than many of the starters who are bringing their teams down. But I'm sure fans will rather put their hopes on a 1st round QB like Sam Darnold, Trey Lance, Dwayne Haskins, Josh Rosen, Daniel Jones, or Mitchell Trubisky.

When you have a playoff proven QB, you ride them until you have a replacement who steps in to prove they can win in the playoffs or you can land a SB winning QB.

• Flames 1

Cam has not been in the playoffs since 2017 and has clearly lost any ability to throw the football.  He is not the guy you all want to remember.  He went to the playoffs 4 times in his career with the Panthers.  He was very good in his early years and then once he started getting injured due to not knowing how to slide and then getting concussed showing off before he was in the endzone his career was essentially over.  He could be a good backup, but if you really watch him play and take the blinders off he is not a QB1 in today's passing NFL.  His arm is not strong enough and he is not accurate with his throws, it is clear anytime you watch him overthrow even simple routes.  

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Lol. Do you guys even think before posting crap like this?

Cam had Damiere Byrd as his #1 wr in NE. Who were NEs TEs again last year? Sure as fug wasn't Smith and Henry. NE also had the most covid opt outs of any team in 2020. They then spent the most money in FA in the HISTORY OF NE PATRIOTS IN 2021. Again do you people think? Do you even know anything about football? Cam had 3300 yards and 21 TDs for that team that would have won all but 3 games without him. Mac Jones had 3800 yards and 23 Tds with more weapons and 2 more games played AND A FULL OFFSEASON TO LEARN HIS TEAMMATES AND PLAYBOOK. CAM NEWTON HAD 5 WEEKS to learn the playbook IN NEW ENGLAND which is going to be about 5x harder than learning a Matt Rhule or Mike Shula playbook. Do some research or fug off with your low iq opinion, thanks!

Doesn't change the fact of the later half  of my observation...............there is no more 2015 Cam

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, PghPanther said:

Doesn't change the fact of the later half  of my observation...............there is no more 2015 Cam

Without an actual offseason and solid talent around him we don't even have a chance to see. If he had a legit opportunity and he played poorly I'd agree. You can't play NFL Quarterback and learn your offense on the fly. That will never correlate to success.

Yeah let's get him back, maybe we can bring back Steve Smith, Jonathan Stewart, hell let's bring back Mushin Muhammad while we are at it.  Let's get the old band back together for a reunion tour.  Although it would not surprise me if Steve Smith could still play lol.  

• Pie 1

It will take a lot more than bringing Cam back, him reverting to near-2015 form, and playing in a hybrid role to make this a playoff team.  Even with 14 out of 32 teams making the playoffs.

We need our 2020 draft class to make progress when they pretty much regressed this year.  That probably means  the coaching staff needs to identify what they are strong at, what they don't do so well, and use them in roles they can succeed in, not scream "versatility." 

We desperately need the OL to become an OL, not a rather shallow speed bump on the way to the ball carrier or QB.  Expecting 2022 Cam to do well despite this group is about like somebody's retirement plan to be "winning the lottery."  Expecting 2015 Cam to do well despite this group would be a tall order.  Our OL performance is somewhere between porous and terrible.

We need our skill players to play with skill.  In 2020, we looked like we had our WR problems solved.  Even with the loss of Samuel, it looked absorbable.  Not so in 2021.

In short, unless something big changes, if we are going to make one single roster change to improve things, I would recommend drafting a backup punter because we are going to wear one out. 

• Pie 1