• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Look for big moves this offseason in free agency. Samir will be dishing out a lot of voided year contracts... and thats fine.

thunderraiden

54 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

The Browns took on a 5-year $90 million contract and gave up a starting safety, #17 overall and a 3rd rounder for OBJ. All after he basically publicly stated he had no desire to play for their organization. 

CMC is a pro bowler if he stays healthy. If he’s used right (which apparently we’re incapable of doing) he could play another 5 years as a RB/WR. 

He played like 4 games this year and finished with 100 yards/game rushing. He’s a stud. Unfortunately he’s being wasted here. 

So yeah…someone is going to give up a high draft pick and take that en-tire contract. 

Our boy Marty Hurney is in WFT and they are losing McKissic this year. Heinicke didn’t have a bad year and if there is ANY philosophy that Hurney believes in more than building a solid team around a mediocre QB idk what it is…

It wouldn’t shock me AT ALL if Hurney tried to trade for CMC as “the missing piece.” 

Top 3 Hurneyisms:

1. Always have expensive RBs 

2. Build a solid D with as many 1st round LBs as possible

3. If I could only find Jake Delhomme 2.0 we could get that super bowl.

as much as i and the rest of the forum hates Hurney he evaluates QBs 20 times better than Fatt Rhule ever could in his dreams. Yeah Teddy Bridgewater wasn't amazing but he would have been the VASTLY superior choice over the poo show we went with this year. He also wanted Herbert.

Edited by thunderraiden
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, stbugs said:

SMH, do people really want us to go FA splurging in 2022? Such a stupid strategy considering we are a bottom dwelling talented team. Splurging is left to teams who already have winning records and want to win a SB. We are poo and are so far away from contending that our ceiling is .500 if we splurge and then we really will be stuck in mediocrity for a bunch more years.

I think we will have to sign some decent linemen since we don't have a second or third round pick.  I honestly believe that when Rhule and Fitterer used the term "invest" referring to allocating resources to the OL, that is what they mean.  It also suggests that a Hedge Fund Manager is telling them to do it.

6 hours ago, thunderraiden said:

Some contracts that we can work on to bring this years cap number down further:

Shaq Thomas can be cut for 5.8 Million in cap relief, or restructured  (more likely) to also save us 6 million this year.

Dunno who Shaq Thomas is, but if you’re talking about cutting Shaq Thompson, you must be bigtime on the 0-17 bandwagon. 

55 minutes ago, stbugs said:

SMH, do people really want us to go FA splurging in 2022? Such a stupid strategy considering we are a bottom dwelling talented team. Splurging is left to teams who already have winning records and want to win a SB. We are poo and are so far away from contending that our ceiling is .500 if we splurge and then we really will be stuck in mediocrity for a bunch more years.

Exactly. Unless we hire a new coaching staff, we need to spend next to nothing in free agency.   Nothing will fix Darnold and Rhule, and I actually mean nothing.  Can take the best linemen from around the league, and they’ll still find a way to be below .500

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

So dumb. I really hope we aren’t that dumb. Patching isn’t going to fix this and we aren’t competing next year. I mean the people who say Cam could have gotten us to the playoffs seem to have missed the 4 starts after Washington. We got pummeled every game. Sam came back and we got pummeled again.

If we losing good comp picks because we took the lazy way out to get to 7-10, it’s time to just ignore them a few years because this will never work.

2022 draft should be LT and 2 or 3 interior OL starting with the early 4th. Add in another off-season for BC and Brown and we should have a semblance of a young OL we can improve. Elflein and Erving are the C and backup T. Finish building in 2023 when we have day 2 picks and hopefully two comp 3rds or a comp 3rd and 4th. Who cares if Sam is beaten a bit while the OL gels.

They are on record saying they have to "invest" in the OL.  The rest is speculation--but they have not said much about QB...(That I have heard).

14 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Right and we invested on D year 1 when we took all of our draft picks on D. Invest draft capital or FA money. Investment in football isn’t just money, in fact most of it is draft capital.

I took that to mean we are drafting heavy OL after almost ignoring it for a couple years. OL was and still is our biggest and most numerous need but 2, one a 6th, out of 18 draft picks used on OL.

Since you’re about the only other poster with a grasp of the salary cap, I was wondering if you could check my statements in this thread? Please tell me if I anything I said was incorrect. 

And maybe some comments on the “dissenting” opinions….