• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thoughts on Fitterer's press conference

1 minute ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

Technically, I do not believe we have to worry about DJ until next off-season, as we signed his 5th year option.  He is under contract for 11 mil next season, but I could see us extending him. 

You are correct, I meant to say after next season.

• Beer 1

Fitt is a smart guy, he had to kiss ass and brown nose Rhule to get the GM position. Knowing how this year went and the position that Rhule is a lame duck coach for next year, he is smart to distance himself from Rhule even if Rhule did have a big say in his hiring. He is auditioning this year and offseason to REMAIN the Panther's GM. I honestly think he deserves a chance to stay and help hire a head coach. Remember how everyone was talking up about Fitt knows everyone in the NFL, that should help recruit a HC. 

• Pie 4

I think we should give Darnold another shot. I mean the interior line played like crap all year and most of the year our left tackle was also bad. You can’t expect a young QB learning a new offense to do good with the center and both guards playing horrible every game. CMC was also injured most of the year and Hubbard wasn’t that good. So we didn’t have a run game to help Darnold. I would love to see what Darnold can do with a better OC. Hell why didn’t we sign someone who could help develop Darnold?

• Pie 2
  • Poo 2

10 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

I think we should give Darnold another shot. I mean the interior line played like crap all year and most of the year our left tackle was also bad. You can’t expect a young QB learning a new offense to do good with the center and both guards playing horrible every game. CMC was also injured most of the year and Hubbard wasn’t that good. So we didn’t have a run game to help Darnold. I would love to see what Darnold can do with a better OC. Hell why didn’t we sign someone who could help develop Darnold?

Because Darnold is a bust. You can’t develop a bust. He is what he is.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, therealmjl said:

Because Darnold is a bust. You can’t develop a bust. He is what he is.

Maybe but did we give him a chance to succeed this year? Do you honestly think that our coaching staff this year was any better than the Jets staff with Darnold? Our offensive line was horrible,CMC hurt a few games in, Roby Anderson dropped a lot of passes, we traded our Top TE, I believe our team was one of the top in dropped passes. The run game wasn’t that good. The offensive coordinator wasn’t good, we didn’t hire any special QB coach to help him, hell we had PJ Walker as our back up instead of signing a good Vet to tutor him, no Cam isn’t that guy.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, Captroop said:

Fitt's aggressive and savvy. I love his maneuvering in the draft and his "in on every deal" mentality.

He hasn't hit on every one of his FA/trade moves, no. But at least he's making moves. And in spite of what the doom and gloomers think, we really haven't given up that much to make these moves. I'm not even completely soured on Sam. Henderson could end up being a steal.

I'm fully on board with Fitt and am genuinely excited to see what he does this off-season.

I am absolutely positively completely soured on Sam but I understand why the risk/trade was made. Watching their interviews is very much so a stark contrast between an NFL guy (Fitt) and another guy trying to be an NFL guy. We’re obviously keeping Rhule but I hope Tepper and Fitt have had side conversations about a contingency plan in the almost assuredly event that Rhule underperforms again next year. 

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

Maybe but did we give him a chance to succeed this year? Do you honestly think that our coaching staff this year was any better than the Jets staff with Darnold? Our offensive line was horrible,CMC hurt a few games in, Roby Anderson dropped a lot of passes, we traded our Top TE, I believe our team was one of the top in dropped passes. The run game wasn’t that good. The offensive coordinator wasn’t good, we didn’t hire any special QB coach to help him, hell we had PJ Walker as our back up instead of signing a good Vet to tutor him, no Cam isn’t that guy.

And? Darnold still sucked worse than he has in his entire career, which is saying something.  Eventually the blind hope of Darnold becoming anything other than a career backup will wear off. Unfortunately for us, it’ll be another year before we are able to rid ourselves of him.

Funny you mention PJ Walker backing him up - did you happen to miss the fact that we rushed out to re-sign him yesterday. So, nothing changing on that front. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

28 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

If we’re gonna kick the can on qb down to 2023 give me a Tyrod Taylor/Minshew. I’m at all out on Sam.

1 minute ago, therealmjl said:

And? Darnold still sucked worse than he has in his entire career, which is saying something.  Eventually the blind hope of Darnold becoming anything other than a career backup will wear off. Unfortunately for us, it’ll be another year before we are able to rid ourselves of him.

Funny you mention PJ Walker backing him up - did you happen to miss the fact that we rushed out to re-sign him yesterday. So, nothing changing on that front. 

Looked how bad the other QBs played for us. Pj was even worse. Cam was horrible. If our WRs weren’t dropping so many passes, our o line didnt suck and our RBs could average over 4.0 ypc maybe Darnold could get the job done. I think we also had a bad OC that hurt Darnold. You honestly think if we had a good qb with this offense that things would be that much better? I don’t think so, not when you have 3-4 offensive linemen that are horrible.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, CashNewton22 said:

If we’re gonna kick the can on qb down to 2023 give me a Tyrod Taylor/Minshew. I’m at all out on Sam.

I’m down for minshew. There are plenty of QBs out there that I think could get the job done for us. Think of how many good QBs want off their team right now, like Rodgers, Wilson and Watson. Then you have Minshew, you have your guys like Tyler Heincke and Kyle Allen which I think could do a decent job. There are plenty of back ups who could be a decent starter for us. Personally I don’t want us to draft a QB this year.

38 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

We have 4 years as a starting QB in the NFL and his college years to judge Sam. 

He is a happy feet turnover machine that can read a field.  And that has always been the case.   OL protection or not. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

I’m down for minshew. There are plenty of QBs out there that I think could get the job done for us. Think of how many good QBs want off their team right now, like Rodgers, Wilson and Watson. Then you have Minshew, you have your guys like Tyler Heincke and Kyle Allen which I think could do a decent job. There are plenty of back ups who could be a decent starter for us. Personally I don’t want us to draft a QB this year.

Yeah I’m a UNC guy but admittedly understand why so many have cooled on Howell/the other qbs. I’d be ok with trading back to the early teens and taking a Ol if that picks us up a 2nd rounder and we take some one like Carson Strong or Malik Willis. I only worry that if we do and they show promise we’ll keep Rhule even longer so I might be with you on no drafted qbs.