• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2022 QB options

ericr0319

1 hour ago, methodtoll said:

I highly doubt we will get any of the top three but out of those three, Rodgers makes the most sense just simply of the connection between him and Macadoo but Rodgers has stated he dont want to go to a rebuild.

Wilson more than likely will end up in New Orleans is my guess.

Watson wants to follow Flores.

I am curious where Macadoo ranks the QB class this year. He does seem to have a knack for finding QB takent. My bet will be he will be high on Pickett.

Jimmy G could be a decent fit for this offense.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he was high on Malik Willis as well. He has the athleticism, arm strength and positive attitude that a lot of coaches like. His supporting cast were mostly 2 star recruits and he pressed at times to make a play when his teammates weren’t capable. He would have more weapons than he’s used to here. Assuming we fix the o-line. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Newbie said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if he was high on Malik Willis as well. He has the athleticism, arm strength and positive attitude that a lot of coaches like. His supporting cast were mostly 2 star recruits and he pressed at times to make a play when his teammates weren’t capable. He would have more weapons than he’s used to here. Assuming we fix the o-line. 

With a good coach he could be the steal of the draft. If we get him Rhule will rush him out and probably ruin him…

1 minute ago, Newbie said:

Willis at 6 would be a disaster. 

• Pie 2

If we get a veteran qb our offense immediately becomes as good as Tampa’s if we can find some line help. Moore and Anderson immediately will look like evans and Godwin. CMC hopefully stays healthy and we immediately become too 10 offense. 

with all the capital we’ve put into the defense the past 2 years id hope they hold their own also. 

I may be too optimistic but if a couple of cards fall right a proven franchise qb takes this team to contention immediately. 

I think Matt Corral and Kenny Pickett end up being serviceable Jimmy G or Kirk Cousins type QBs so why bother trading any capital for guys like that. If they can trade down to the mid teens and grab one of those guys while scooping a 2nd and or 3rd rounder it’s def worth it. Otherwise they need to sign a vet FA QB even if it’s Cam just so Darnold isn’t the ONLY option yet again. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Adb6368 said:

If we get a veteran qb our offense immediately becomes as good as Tampa’s if we can find some line help. Moore and Anderson immediately will look like evans and Godwin. CMC hopefully stays healthy and we immediately become too 10 offense. 

with all the capital we’ve put into the defense the past 2 years id hope they hold their own also. 

I may be too optimistic but if a couple of cards fall right a proven franchise qb takes this team to contention immediately. 

Immediately?    Lolololololololol.  Tell us more.   

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Willis at 6 would be a disaster. 

I can’t see the hype with him.  Someone like Corral has similar athleticism, a better arm is much more accomplished a passer against way better comp.  

I think Willis is going to completely bust.  He isn’t a good passer and he can’t run at his size in the league.  Jalen Hurts is way better than this guy and I don’t love Hurts personally.

23 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Browns and Saints have interest in Darnold. Wouldn't be surprised if there are more. Not going to get back what the Panthers insanely gave up for him, but there may be a pick or 2 on the board you can leverage into a few mid round picks.

There is no way anyone will take Darnold, especially they have to pay his contract. We re not going to pay him to play somewhere else...I mean who would do that....oh nevermind

Teddy Bridgewater GIFs | Tenor

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

I can’t see the hype with him.  Someone like Corral has similar athleticism, a better arm is much more accomplished a passer against way better comp.  

I think Willis is going to completely bust.  He isn’t a good passer and he can’t run at his size in the league.  Jalen Hurts is way better than this guy and I don’t love Hurts personally.

One inch shorter than Lamar and 10 pounds heavier. Obviously larger than Murray. Willis has the strongest arm in this class. He looked bad against tougher competition because the talent around him at Liberty was lesser. He has a terrible OL against teams in Liberty’s conference. He has the arm talent to be great, but will need a lot of grooming at the next level like Josh Allen did. To me it all depends on where he is drafted (like most prospects). 

It’s funny last year people we thinking Howell/Rattler would he battling for the top spot and Willis would be a top pick as well. I think Willis, like Howell, was a little exposed by his teammates underperforming.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

One inch shorter than Lamar and 10 pounds heavier. Obviously larger than Murray. Willis has the strongest arm in this class. He looked bad against tougher competition because the talent around him at Liberty was lesser. He has a terrible OL against teams in Liberty’s conference. He has the arm talent to be great, but will need a lot of grooming at the next level like Josh Allen did. To me it all depends on where he is drafted (like most prospects). 

It’s funny last year people we thinking Howell/Rattler would he battling for the top spot and Willis would be a top pick as well. I think Willis, like Howell, was a little exposed by his teammates underperforming.

I respectfully disagree.  He isn’t close to Lamar Jackson who is on another level as a runner.  I am extremely hesitant with guys that did it against bad comp and struggle mightily against decent defenses.

Not buying the hype.  There are much better options.  All these QBs are a reach at 6 but Willis would be a bad bet for a ton of reasons

If I am picking one of these guys I am looking for a passer.  Howell, Corral and Willis won’t survive running in the league for long.

Edited by Shocker