• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trading Back-What could we get for the #6 pick? Is it worth it?

Michael G

13 hours ago, AU-panther said:

Left tackles don't change franchises, ask the Browns with Joe Thomas.

They help, and they are important, and I'm a huge fan of drafting them in the first but this idea that they are exponentially better than any other non-QB relative in regard to WAR is just wrong.

QBs are in a league of their own when it comes to changing franchises.

First round QBs are hardly a sure thing either, ask Panthers fans about Sam Darnold (former first round pick).  When you have a known commodity, you take it.  The top three OTs are as solid as they come.  Not one of these QBs are considered a lock to be franchise QBs.  Heck none of them should even start their rookie season.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

There are 3 highly-rated edge rushers.  I see 2 being gone by #6---a team with a need could move up with us to get (the kid from purdue) or we could move back if a team wants an elite OT--if we were going to take a QB. That means we could draft the QB around #13 and have a second rounder for OL--not sure that is what I would do, just sayin'.

For example, Philly was 28th in sacks in 2021.  They have three first rounders--a second rounder to move up for an elite sack master? 

Edited by MHS831
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Said about every highly touted OL prospect ever. Robert Gallery was considered a once in a decade type OT prospect.

416157578_images(3).jpeg.1104ab086da6c9c2936289b163b90ffb.jpeg

Do you really want me to roll out a list of top 10 QBs who were complete busts?  There are a TON more 'JaMarcus Russell's' in this scenario than 'Robert Gallery's.'

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Do you really want me to roll out a list of top 10 QBs who were complete busts?  There are a TON more 'JaMarcus Russell's' in this scenario than 'Robert Gallery's.'

We know. But you don't want to go through the list of 1st round OL busts over the last two decades. OL used to be one of the safest 1st round picks a team could make but they has gotten dumped on its head in the past 20 years. 

That's all I'm saying here. That "OL safe pick" myth is dead.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Verge said:

Someone is going to take him in the top 10. He is worth it. 

Does your connection have any intel on Ridder’s stock? 

Willis I can see why looking at the greater body of work and the kid himself. He had some pretty bad moments this year with the whole players around him and comp level factors. Just a lot of unknowns.

His size also bothers me but I see a bit of Kordell Stewart when watching him.

6 minutes ago, Verge said:

Someone is going to take him in the top 10. He is worth it. 

These same people saying you’re crazy for wanting to take Willis in the top 10 are the same ones who were super excited about giving up a high second round pick for Sam fuging Darnold lol

I want willis but I’m not sure this staff knows how to develop qbs and he’s gonna need developing because he is raw. He has super elite traits tho.

• Beer 1