• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pickett skipped Hand Measurement part of Senior bowl!!

WOW!!

21 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Kenny Pickett acknowledges hand size concerns ahead of NFL draft, cites playing in 'tough weather' at Pittsburgh
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33193011/kenny-pickett-acknowledges-hand-size-concerns-ahead-nfl-draft-cites-playing-tough-weather-pittsburgh
via @ESPN Fantasy App
https://es.pn/fantasyapp

Someone needs to go and breakdown his stats in inclimate weather. I could be misremembering, but I seem to recall his play dropping off dramatically when it started raining.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Someone needs to go and breakdown his stats in inclimate weather. I could be misremembering, but I seem to recall his play dropping off dramatically when it started raining.

The fact that he is feeding the narrative and making up BS to explain it.. Is the problem for me.. It shows it's in his head and he's going to make it a built in excuse.. Instead of doing what Burrows did.. Got the measurement made a joke about the hand size thing and rip up workouts.. Pickett is not a Burrow..

4 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Jamarcus Russel and Ryan Leaf.  

Just kidding, I have no idea.  

1. Jim Druckenmiller (11.25 in)

Jim Druckenmiller has the largest hands measured of any NFL quarterback. The average handspan of a 6’5 person is around 9.3 inches—but Druckenmiller’s span measures 11.25 inches. Carson Palmer and Drew Bledsoe stand at the same height as Druckenmiller, but their handspans are only 9.50 inches and 9.63 inches, respectively.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Pickett has an amazing pass over the middle and to the right of the field. His double jointed fingers allow him more grip and spin on the ball. His pass to the left sideline has more wobble, float, and is typically underthrown. When he throws downfield on the left sideline Pitt rolled him out to the sideline and then had him square up his shoulders.

Defenses would just pressure him from the right side forcing him to throw left. When he went left he would run most of the time and not go through progressions. His INTs are mainly when he throws left. Then there is the fumble issue when he gets hit, and the way he has to slam the ball into his hand when he pulls his throw down. You can hear him smack the ball. Has no grip to pull the ball down with one hand.

A team is getting a good QB for 2/3rds of the field. So, the offense will have 1/3rd of their playbook limited with Pickett under center. The CB he faces on his left side can take the day off and safeties can swing coverage to Pickett's right.

I'm not expecting him to throw down the left sideline at all in the Senior Bowl.

8 minutes ago, WaterBoy said:

1. Jim Druckenmiller (11.25 in)

Jim Druckenmiller has the largest hands measured of any NFL quarterback. The average handspan of a 6’5 person is around 9.3 inches—but Druckenmiller’s span measures 11.25 inches. Carson Palmer and Drew Bledsoe stand at the same height as Druckenmiller, but their handspans are only 9.50 inches and 9.63 inches, respectively.

The 1997 draft. All that talk about Jim Druckenmiller and Jake Plummer. And the best QB in that draft was Jake. Jake Delhomme. Undrafted.

• Beer 1