• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I really like this mock draft by Dean Jones...

musicman

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This would be about the worst case scenario for Willis. He has the talent but if he gets drafted by us his odds of busting go through the roof.

But I don't see him starting next year. Darnold with a hopefully better line is a step in the right direction. Another draft and maybe, just maybe we are ready to take a major step towards competing for the playoffs.

I like the mock, but I'd slot a TE instead of Strange.  3 rookie OL seems like overkill.  We'll probably sign someone in free agency and have Christensen - FA - Elflein - Brown - Moton on board with Erving as a swing tackle.  We need a couple other guys for sure, but 3 seems like too much.

We need a TE bad.  There seem to be quite a few slotted in that round 4/5 area that would do the trick.

• Pie 2

• 2 weeks later...

I would not pass up the opportunity to draft an elite LT in order to get Willis and a possible starter at G. 

I don’t hate the Willis pick…I just don’t see him as a starter in 2022. If he’s not a starter in 2022 then you’re better off building the OL with an elite LT, sucking again, and drafting Stroud or Young.