• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Pickett is there, we need to trade down with the Steelers

Chiefzack

The Steelers have shown multiple times the tendency to throw 1st rounders away in the hopes of avoiding down seasons.

Ben retired and they're falling in love with a college QB who is a hometown guy who played college ball at Heinz Field? Take advantage and get the picks.

Last year we rejected 2 1sts and another top 3 round pick to draft Jaycee Horn who missed 90% of 2021. We take that deal, we have 2 1st round picks right now and having no 2nd or 3rd rounder is no big deal.

No, I don't hate Jaycee as a player, ultimately we gave up multiple picks to get him, thats what I hated. 

No QB including DeShaun Watson is going to fix a 5-12 team with 0 top 100 picks (assuming the 1 top 100 pick we have is used on a QB)

Let's say we get the Steelers to give us their 1st and 2nd in 2022 and their 1st in 2023... that fixes our top 100 pick problem in 2022 and gives us 2 1sts in 2023 to potentially grab a QB and offensive lineman.

I get sick of us not accepting these huge packages for picks and 6 picks later someone gets 6 picks with 2-3 1st rounders for a player who ends up busting.

Edited by Chiefzack
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, Chiefzack said:

The Steelers have shown multiple times the tendency to throw 1st rounders away in the hopes of avoiding down seasons.

Ben retired and they're falling in love with a college QB who is a hometown guy who played college ball at Heinz Field? Take advantage and get the picks.

Last year we rejected 2 1sts and another top 3 round pick to draft Jaycee Horn who missed 90% of 2021. We take that deal, we have 2 1st round picks right now and having no 2nd or 3rd rounder is no big deal.

No, I don't hate Jaycee as a player, ultimately we gave up multiple picks to get him, thats what I hated. 

No QB including DeShaun Watson is going to fix a 5-12 team with 0 top 100 picks (assuming the 1 top 100 pick we have is used on a QB)

Let's say we get the Steelers to give us their 1st and 2nd in 2022 and their 1st in 2023... that fixes our top 100 pick problem in 2022 and gives us 2 1sts in 2023 to potentially grab a QB and offensive lineman.

I get sick of us not accepting these huge packages for picks and 6 picks later someone gets 6 picks with 2-3 1st rounders for a player who ends up busting.

If a trade with them brings back those picks we should absolutely listen.  If the Steelers do this they are much dumber than I think they are

Pickett had a weak arm and struggled with the rain at Senior Bowl practices, I'm not sure he's gonna go in the first round. He's always struck me as a Derek Carr kinda guy who could develop into a solid pro, and he was a 2nd round pick himself. 

Also, doesn't Carson Strong have some medical ssues with his knee? I'm not sure why folks on this board wanna draft him when no one is sure we can protect an immobile QB to begin with due to personnel decisions and bad coaching moves (like not starting Brady Christensen at LG from day one). 

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Also, doesn't Carson Strong have some medical ssues with his knee? I'm not sure why folks on this board wanna draft him when no one is sure we can protect an immobile QB to begin with due to personnel decisions and bad coaching moves (like not starting Brady Christensen at LG from day one). 

No cartilage in one knee? Faded as the year went some have said, started to throw off other foot more by the end of the year? Sounds kind of like a big deal.