• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LaCanfora asks evaluators about Pickett...

Mr. Scot

If he didn’t have the hands of a high school sophomore 1st basemen then I wouldn’t mind taking Pickett. I agree that he has a nice body of work. He’s reasonably athletic. He seemed to make good decisions at Pitt. But the dude cannot grip a pro football. Period. He was shoving it down the field in the senior bowl. He’s going to be a turnover machine. IDC how many good decisions you can make. The NFL requires tight window throws and velocity. You have to get something on the ball…and idk if he can with tiny hands. 

5 hours ago, Growl said:

He has never demonstrated any of these issues

he can throw the ball in a window on the 5, he can drive the 8, he can push it deep on the move.

this is just something you made up because you heard “small hands.”

Not even remotely true but whatever.  He was having problems at the senior bowl practices with throwing deep.  Small hands do matter especially that small but he isn’t even close to elite in any area whatsoever.  Period.

His longest throw on a “perfect 6 for 6 day” at the senior bowl the receiver had to reach back and dig it out to make the catch and that was an in route.  Not impressed at all with his arm or anything else about him.

Edited by Shocker

9 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Not even remotely true but whatever.  He was having problems at the senior bowl practices with throwing deep.  Small hands do matter especially that small but he isn’t even close to elite in any area whatsoever.  Period.

His longest throw on a “perfect 6 for 6 day” at the senior bowl the receiver had to reach back and dig it out to make the catch and that was an in route.  Not impressed at all with his arm or anything else about him.

Yep. Watch the screen routes they called. He would literally stare down the back, pat the ball to steady himself, then shove it toward the back like he’s playing a backyard pickup game. Y’all think he’s gonna be able to misdirect all pro linebackers when it takes him an extra 1-1.5 seconds to get a throw off? No way. He’s going to be a turnover machine and the playbook is gonna be crazy limited. 

You know who his comp is? Jake Frohm. This would be like us drafting Jake Frohm in the top 10. 

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Yep. Watch the screen routes they called. He would literally stare down the back, pat the ball to steady himself, then shove it toward the back like he’s playing a backyard pickup game. Y’all think he’s gonna be able to misdirect all pro linebackers when it takes him an extra 1-1.5 seconds to get a throw off? No way. He’s going to be a turnover machine and the playbook is gonna be crazy limited. 

You know who his comp is? Jake Frohm. This would be like us drafting Jake Frohm in the top 10. 

Agree, but Jake Frohm played better comp in college and was more accomplished.  LOL

I said he was Blaine Gabbert but I probably shouldn’t disrespect Blaine that way

Edited by Shocker

22 minutes ago, Shocker said:

tell me you started “evaluating” at senior bowl week without telling me you started “evaluating” during senior bowl week.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

17 minutes ago, Growl said:

tell me you started “evaluating” at senior bowl week without telling me you started “evaluating” during senior bowl week.

I like evaluating prospects throughout the season.  The draft is my favorite sport event period and has been since 20 some years ago.  Second nature for me to look for players that could fit our needs all college football season. Part of the fun of watching teams I don’t support.

Look if Kenny Pickett was a QB with upside and talent I would definitely be interested.  Willis has upside…I can see the argument.  Howell as has talent and did it for numerous years.

Pickett is a bust every draft in every way.  That scouts love him to me says a TON about the rest of this class and not so much Pickett.  He is the least rotten egg at this point in time.  No upside IMO.  None

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1