• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let’s say we take Pickett at 6

davos

18 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Look if Kenny Pickett was Zach Wilson, Lance, Fields or even Mac Jones the argument would be much better.  He isn’t even close to any of them.  

I'm not making a case for him.  I'm just asking how you would build the line is the event this happens.  That's it.  Not saying its good or bad or really anything.  The scenario might as well be "Build an OL without Pick 6 being an OL"

But I won't get mad at the responses.  It's honestly an indictment on this staff and team that the fanbase can't even discuss draft/FA scenarios.  This board is typical filled with them by now and its apparently just not happening.  Just vitriol and poo throwing.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Krovvy said:

There's almost no way to with trades and contracts signed last year.

Watching Pickett's games show that he's not going to be prepared for poor line play. His line was so great, he was barely touched. You basically have to hope Pickett has "IT" to overcome the roster around him.

I wish I could hope for the IT factor.

A QB with IT doesnt have 4 bad seasons and then flash their final "contract" year when they get an IT TE in Batholomew, and a featured IT receiver in Addison.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, davos said:

I'm not making a case for him.  I'm just asking how you would build the line is the event this happens.  That's it.  Not saying its good or bad or really anything.  The scenario might as well be "Build an OL without Pick 6 being an OL"

But I won't get mad at the responses.  It's honestly an indictment on this staff and team that the fanbase can't even discuss draft/FA scenarios.  This board is typical filled with them by now and its apparently just not happening.  Just vitriol and poo throwing.

I totally agree…we have to choose which area to address and in this draft it has to be OL.  Especially at 6.  No brainer to me.  There are even non-OL position players worth more at 6 than any of the QBs.  It is just a fact.  A move down is extremely likely unless one of the elite OTs drop.  If we can find a trade partner.

QB may have to wait, you can’t find gold in a coal mine

If Trevor Lawrence (a generational talent) struggled with a bad supporting cast how in the world is one of these guys going to take us anywhere?

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 3

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

What makes you think he can’t be Mac? 

I mean we don’t have Josh McDaniels as our OC and Belichick as our head coach.  Mac Jones is extremely accurate and processes things incredibly fast.  He is special there and I underestimated that.  Pickett is not that player though.  Even so Mac Jones with us last year would be considered a complete bust right now.  Different world.

I am totally not ready to king Mac Jones as the next great either.  He is limited as a player in many ways.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2

19 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I mean we don’t have Josh McDaniels as our OC and Belichick as our head coach.  Mac Jones is extremely accurate and processes things incredibly fast.  He is special there and I underestimated that.  Pickett is not that player though.  Even so Mac Jones with us last year would be considered a complete bust right now.  Different world.

I am totally not ready to king Mac Jones as the next great either.  He is limited as a player in many ways.

Oh I don’t think Mac is a phenom or anything. He usually stays calm under pressure and goes through his reads quickly, things Pickett is known for. I also think Pickett has a better arm and is much faster than Mac. If we do draft him and Rhule fails, maybe our new coach can help him succeed in the NFL? I’m not a huge Pickett fan, but I also don’t think he is a terrible prospect that will never become a NFL starter like others are posting. Imagine actually having a guy that goes through reads quickly and can find Moore when he is open and not ruin the game with turnovers. 

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Oh I don’t think Mac is a phenom or anything. He usually stays calm under pressure and goes through his reads quickly, things Pickett is known for. I also think Pickett has a better arm and is much faster than Mac. If we do draft him and Rhule fails, maybe our new coach can help him succeed in the NFL? I’m not a huge Pickett fan, but I also don’t think he is a terrible prospect that will never become a NFL starter like others are posting. Imagine actually having a guy that goes through reads quickly and can find Moore when he is open and not ruin the game with turnovers. 

I appreciate your optimism on Pickett…and we are desperate but man…feels like a serious band aid and reach to me.  At 6 I would be very disappointed 

37 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

maybe our new coach can help him succeed in the NFL? 

Any new coach would drop Pickett like a hot potato.  Nobody would tie themselves to a mediocre QB  prospect.  Much better to cut him and start off fresh with your own choice that fits your system. 

Don't put your energy toward resurrecting the failures of the previous regime.     

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

Any new coach would drop Pickett like a hot potato.  Nobody would tie themselves to a mediocre QB  prospect.  Much better to cut him and start off fresh with your own choice that fits your system. 

Don't put your energy toward resurrecting the failures of the previous regime.     

Mediocre? I mean some people think 6 is too high, but if we were at 15-20 range it would line up fine. My point is he is still a first round QB by most analysts. He last season was nothing to shrug about. Reading defenses quickly and making the right decision is a very underrated skill. His arm is more than capable and he can extend plays with his feet. People are acting like he shouldn’t even be drafted at all. I mean when the biggest flaw scouts are finding is hand size, that tells me he is a pretty solid prospect. McDaniels is all about keeping Carr and that happens to be a favorable comparison to Pickett. I’m just saying IF we draft him which McAdoo and our new OL coach, it’s not necessarily the end of the world.