• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Great Pickett Poll

davos

Do You Want Pickett as our franchise QB? Added Q: Regardless— would Corral and/or Willis be y/n?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Let’s get it on record. Pickett—yay or nay?

To take Pickett at 6 you need to believe he can win the SB here. You don't check down your way to the SB. You have to have elite talent and a big arm to win the SB. Pickett has neither of those things, so why do so many Huddlers want him? Who knows? Being impatient and willing to settle for anyone is not the way to go.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Sending Pickett out to take on gun slinging superstars who keep the ball rocketing down field especially in the 4th quarter is insane. Imagine Mahomes vrs Pickett? lol. The top dog QBs are a new breed that can dominate any defense. That's not Pickett obviously. Pickett will be the game manager who needs others to make the big plays, so no SB will Pickett.

Your QB has to be your best player on the team. He has to be your superstar. Pickett is not a bad QB, but so what? Do you want to win the SB, or stay in the bottom half of the league for several more seasons?

Go o-line at 6, and look for a rockstar QB in 2023.

• Poo 1

6 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Sending Pickett out to take on gun slinging superstars who keep the ball rocketing down field especially in the 4th quarter is insane. Imagine Mahomes vrs Pickett? lol. The top dog QBs are a new breed that can dominate any defense. That's not Pickett obviously. Pickett will be the game manager who needs others to make the big plays, so no SB will Pickett.

Your QB has to be your best player on the team. He has to be your superstar. Pickett is not a bad QB, but so what? Do you want to win the SB, or stay in the bottom half of the league for several more seasons?

Go o-line at 6, and look for a rockstar QB in 2023.

Burrow just took out Mahomes and he isn’t the “gunslinger” Mahomes is. Is Brady a gunslinger? What about Brees? They need adequate arm strength and the ability to read a defense and make the right plays at the right time. Give me an accurate, smart QB with adequate arm strength over a gunslinger any day. I don’t know if Pickett is the guy or not, but he seems to be a guy that will study film and out in the time to get better like he did he previous year to get better. He showed he can put up great numbers and win against decent competition without any superstars on his team. His strength may be evading pressure and keeping his eyes downfield to make the right reads. That’s something we could definitely use on our team. There is a lot to like about him and some question marks (lack of production previous years). I’m not saying he is the man for the job, but he isn’t a terrible prospect. 

2 hours ago, Pimpdaddy said:

Yep, me too... we need a dual threat QB and one that can scramble (run for his life).... hes the closest thing to Wilson, Jackson, Murry, Mahomes in that respect... not sure about his decision making abilities tho...  Willis should be the pick.

Exactly. U gotta draft the player with the highest ceiling and Willis has superior physical attributes with room to grow in his decision making. Pickett at best is a career game manager imo while Willis has the potential to be a game changer 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Burrow just took out Mahomes and he isn’t the “gunslinger” Mahomes is. Is Brady a gunslinger? What about Brees? They need adequate arm strength and the ability to read a defense and make the right plays at the right time. Give me an accurate, smart QB with adequate arm strength over a gunslinger any day. I don’t know if Pickett is the guy or not, but he seems to be a guy that will study film and out in the time to get better like he did he previous year to get better. He showed he can put up great numbers and win against decent competition without any superstars on his team. His strength may be evading pressure and keeping his eyes downfield to make the right reads. That’s something we could definitely use on our team. There is a lot to like about him and some question marks (lack of production previous years). I’m not saying he is the man for the job, but he isn’t a terrible prospect. 

So you're not committed to bringing him here, and you're saying he's not terrible. Well no kidding? Not saying much.

13 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Burrow is the ultimate gun slinger

1 hour ago, Icege said:

No to all 3.

Take a shot on Aqeel Glass tho with a day 3 selection 👀

Do yourself a favor and see how many day 3 qbs there are starting in the NFL.  I'll wait...........

You could even take it a step further and research how many HBCU qbs there have been in the history of the NFL

Edited by mrcompletely11

16 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Burrow is the ultimate gun slinger

https://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/33304/how-joe-burrows-improved-velocity-could-have-bengals-thinking-playoffs?platform=amp

He spent this past offseason working on his mechanics to increase his velocity. His arm strength was “always a knock on me” so he stated in this article. He is smart, clutch, tough as nails, but gunslinger isn’t really a word I would use to describe him. He is the closest thing to Brady I’ve seen honestly, but is a good bit quicker on his feet.

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

https://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/33304/how-joe-burrows-improved-velocity-could-have-bengals-thinking-playoffs?platform=amp

He spent this past offseason working on his mechanics to increase his velocity. His arm strength was “always a knock on me” so he stated in this article. He is smart, clutch, tough as nails, but gunslinger isn’t really a word I would use to describe him. He is the closest thing to Brady I’ve seen honestly, but is a good bit quicker on his feet.

gunslinger to me he takes chances and that is exactly the type of player he is

30 minutes ago, pantherj said:

So you're not committed to bringing him here, and you're saying he's not terrible. Well no kidding? Not saying much.

Yeah I think people are just overreacting and freaking out about him being drafted by us at 6. I’m not a die hard Pickett fan, but I think he is a solid prospect who can start sooner than a Willis or Howell (2 of which I probably prefer for the long term potential). If he got picked up us I wouldn’t be upset. 

• Beer 1