• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Great Pickett Poll

davos

Do You Want Pickett as our franchise QB? Added Q: Regardless— would Corral and/or Willis be y/n?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Let’s get it on record. Pickett—yay or nay?

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

gunslinger to me he takes chances and that is exactly the type of player he is

Gunslingers using have strong arms and will force some throws and throw some picks. You live and die by their arms. I always thing of Favre when I hear gunslinger. Usually strong arms that can let it rip on a moments notice. Burrow is a film room junky who will be the hardest working player on the team. (Just my opinion when I hear the word). 

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Gunslingers using have strong arms and will force some throws and throw some picks. You live and die by their arms. I always thing of Favre when I hear gunslinger. Usually strong arms that can let it rip on a moments notice. Burrow is a film room junky who will be the hardest working player on the team. (Just my opinion when I hear the word). 

You mean Bridgewater isnt a gunslinger?

3 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Trey Lance is a better prospect than Pickett. Nobody is trading the farm for Pickett or I’ll be shocked if they do.  I’d say willis and Trey are similar prospects except Trey is more prototype size at 6’4” 225lbs while Willis is 6 foot 220lbs. Both have accuracy issues but big arms and are mobile. Trey is more of a bruiser while Willis is more shifty. I don’t see anyone trading the farm for Willis because of his size. 

Even though Lance was raw and less experienced overall, he had experience in a pro-style offense and repeatedly flashed on his way to winning a championship. Willis is simply way more raw than Lance was, and that's the biggest difference as to why no one is going to divvy an equal amount of picks for Willis.

• Pie 1

The top 15 QBs are much closer than the media positions it for their big boards. The only QBs worth getting in this draft are Aqeel Glass, Jack Coan, and Kaleb Eleby. So, why spend the 6th pick on a QB. Huge waste of draft capital. These QBs are late round 2 to 5th round talent. None of the QBs are capable of producing at a 1st round expectation out of the gate. Less risk and bigger reward with Glass and Coan.

9 hours ago, PantherNation123 said:

This type of thinking is how you end up like the Jets.  “Ah yeah let’s just toss a pick out for Sam Darnold”.  Then a couple years later, you have the same absolute poo team, but you’re somehow able to swindle a historically bad head coach into a trade for him.  Tossing fuging darts blindly at draft picks is how you ruin franchises.  

Nope. You become the Jets by consistently missing.

You have to keep taking shots. If you sell yourself on a guy just because you took him in the first round you can stagnate like New York, or Denver. You have to keep trying year after year until you find one. You can use the Cardinals as an example, or you can use the Panthers with Clausen and Cam in back to back years.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Pickett is actually an underrated scrambler who is one of the best at keeping his eyes downfield and throwing off the run.

Yeah, he scrambles really well, and can throw on the run really well. BUT, he doesn't climb the pocket, and often abandons it too early when he has good protection.

21 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Yeah, he scrambles really well, and can throw on the run really well. BUT, he doesn't climb the pocket, and often abandons it too early when he has good protection.

That’s fair, but that is definitely coachable and something he can improve on. It’s a pretty common issue for young QBs. 

32 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

The top 15 QBs are much closer than the media positions it for their big boards. The only QBs worth getting in this draft are Aqeel Glass, Jack Coan, and Kaleb Eleby. So, why spend the 6th pick on a QB. Huge waste of draft capital. These QBs are late round 2 to 5th round talent. None of the QBs are capable of producing at a 1st round expectation out of the gate. Less risk and bigger reward with Glass and Coan.

Do yourself a favor and see how many day 3 qbs there are starting in the NFL.  I'll wait...........

You could even take it a step further and research how many HBCU qbs there have been in the history of the NFL