• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is the NFL priming us to have new minority owners?

DaveThePanther2008

17 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

While he sold it under terms more his liking.  He wasn't keeping the team and had he not sold it they would have made him.  Indirectly he was forced to sell.   

Miami and Washington's scandals are far worse.  That's the point.  

You're nit picking. (rolls eyes)

As I understood your post - it was the discrepancies as the topic topic, not the semantics of directly or indirectly selling it, though ‘doing his own investigation’ did relate to that fact as well as the discrepancies at the same time.

Whether it was direct or indirect seems like an irrelevant side effect to the topic of why.

But sure let’s say he was forced indirectly to sell it…cause that makes a huge difference.

Edited by onmyown

5 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

First of all there are several articles that these two could be forced to sell by the NFL like they did to Richardson.

Richardson was not forced to sell.

"...could be..." is wide enough to drive a Mack truck though.

In theory it's possible former Head Ball Coach Flores "could be forced to"  pay monetary damages to Stephen Ross who is on the record saying the allegations are “false, malicious and defamatory” and further states he is eager to personally defend himself, and the organization, against said allegations.

It's interesting to note that going into the 2021 season the Dolphins employed a black GM, a black Head Ball Coach, and of the top-8 executive positions below owner -- 50% were filled by black men (this is still the case).

If ever an NFL team exhibited "diversity" it sure appears the Miami Dolphins are that organization...lo & behold, they just hired another minority Head Ball Coach.

If anything Flores was the one who didn't promote black coaches on his staff, only 4-of-20.

Who knows how it will shake out, but this "could have to sell" narrative is entirely premature...

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Poo 1

5 hours ago, TheProcess said:

First off, NFL owners would have to give a 3/4 vote to vote Ross out of Miami. That is 24 of 32 yes and 8 of 32 no, meaning Ross just needs 9 no votes to remain. Dolphins, Giants, Texans, and Broncos all named by Flores will give Ross 4 of the 9 needed to stay right off. 

Secondly, even if Ross is forced out it won't be to a minority as there is already a guy named Bruce Beal Jr. that is lined up as the next owner of the Dolphins. The NFL and its owners have already approved it and the paperwork was completed in 2016.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-approves-succession-plan-for-dolphins-owner-stephen-ross/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwiqp4j9k4D2AhXJSt8KHXP7C3sQFnoECB0QAQ&usg=AOvVaw1-YZ-vCZpiom_fEE2TkhiX

"The Process"...

...owns the process 🙌 👊 🙌 👊

Good onya mate...

15 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Richardson was not forced to sell.

"...could be..." is wide enough to drive a Mack truck though.

In theory it's possible former Head Ball Coach Flores "could be forced to"  pay monetary damages to Stephen Ross who is on the record saying the allegations are “false, malicious and defamatory” and further states he is eager to personally defend himself, and the organization, against said allegations.

It's interesting to note that going into the 2021 season the Dolphins employed a black GM, a black Head Ball Coach, and of the top-8 executive positions below owner -- 50% were filled by black men (this is still the case).

If ever an NFL team exhibited "diversity" it sure appears the Miami Dolphins are that organization...lo & behold, they just hired another minority Head Ball Coach.

If anything Flores was the one who didn't promote black coaches on his staff, only 4-of-20.

Who knows how it will shake out, but this "could have to sell" narrative is entirely premature...

You have to also wonder why Flores hired a law firm with zero minority employees?

• Beer 1

On 2/14/2022 at 8:52 PM, DaveThePanther2008 said:

With the NFL looking into the scandal in MIami where the owner paid Flores $100,000.00 for each loss and other issues pertaining to what Flores has in his lawsuit.  Plus Daniel Synder's problems in Washington.

Do you think the NFL is going to push them to sell and if so do you think they will push minority owners?   

The NFL can make them sell the team but can they make them sell it to a minority? 

Reportedly Robert F Smith, the country’s richest black billionaire, is not interested in buying the Broncos. However, the NFL are apparently begging him to buy the team. It would be big for the league if they could persuade him or another rich black person to buy the team.

Problem is, it comes down to interest and ability to purchase an NFL team. If rich minority persons do not want to buy one, or they are priced out (eg Broncos are reportedly worth 4 billion), then it won’t happen unless the league amends ownership rules.

On 2/14/2022 at 3:52 PM, DaveThePanther2008 said:

With the NFL looking into the scandal in MIami where the owner paid Flores $100,000.00 for each loss and other issues pertaining to what Flores has in his lawsuit.  Plus Daniel Synder's problems in Washington.

Do you think the NFL is going to push them to sell and if so do you think they will push minority owners?   

The NFL can make them sell the team but can they make them sell it to a minority? 

For what it’s worth, I think this topic is definitely a relevant one given all that’s going on in the NFL right now and society as a whole. Several posters have already shown their maturity level…shockkkkker.

The link that @TheProcess provided was the first time I had seen that. So thank u for sharing. I’m sure most people weren’t aware of a succession plan already in the works prior to all this.

At the end of the day, people can read into the OP’s original question any way they want.

“Is he complaining about diversity?!”

“Is he trolling?”

“Is he just asking a simple question to get everybody’s thoughts?”

I took it as latter and as soon as this news broke, assumed Ross would be forced out as soon as possible. As for his replacement, I don’t think it’d be outlandish to think the NFL would try to save face and put on a front that they truly care about diversity and push for a minority owner.

While I’m all for diversity (owner, coaches, etc), I think the NFL is just all about one color…green.