• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thoughts on trading DJ Moore?

hepcat

10 hours ago, YourLastThought said:

He had blonde hair, was about as light colored as a ghost, played WR and somehow stuck on the roster as a bubble player for a handful of years would explain the hatred around here from most of what I saw over the years in all honesty. I'm sure Cooper Kupp experienced some of that same crap till he showed he was no joke at all. Bersin was no Cooper Kupp let's face it but dude must have been some form of an athlete to stick on an NFL roster a few years.

I'm not supposed to talk about all that I'm sure though but let's state the obvious if you truly want to know why Bersin got so much blah around here or we can use the excuse that he was Jerry Richardson's second cousins aunts uncles sisters kid if we like. It was the position he played and the color of his skin plain and simple. No sense in hiding the elephant in the room and deep down most know that I am about 90% correct in all I said no matter what they will admit on here. I remember people laughing at Pat Jeffers the same way when he came around until he proved he was pretty damn good before he tore his knee up and was never the same. Heck, I think I even laughed at Jeffers and Bersin for all the same reasons but at least I can admit it.

He was laughed at because of the muffed punt returns in a playoff game and because he fell down on a route that ended up leading to a pick 6 that sealed a playoff loss. The wofford connection, and the fact that they just kept cutting him and bringing him back had a lot to do with it. 

• Beer 1

Y’all really wouldn’t trade….

-DJ Moore

-Sam Darnold

-2022 5th round pick

for 

-James Daniels G/C

-Connor Williams G

-JuJu Smith Schuster WR

-Cordarelle Patterson WR/HB

-2022 3rd pick

According to PFF, those players’ contracts could be afforded with the cap savings from Darnold and Moore trades. We would likely have to pay more than PFF projects to get them to come here, but it’s in the ball park. I’d take that all day. 

On 2/17/2022 at 11:24 AM, BurnNChinn said:

That’s not saying much because we only had 1 or 2 great wrs ever.

None of our receivers will hit their ceiling until we resolve the quarterback situation. 3 one thousand yard receiving seasons with our quarterbacks was quite an accomplishment.

Edited by Stuart Smith
  • Pie 1