• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thoughts on trading DJ Moore?

hepcat

DJ is one of the most consistently good but not great WR’s in the NFL.

But one thing I do not like about DJ is his seemingly casual attitude and lack of killer instinct. He just doesn’t finish plays and get in the end zone, as evidenced by his low TD counts every season of his career. 

This franchise needs an attitude adjustment, and trading away DJ could put the rest of the players on notice. It’s not about stats, it’s about winning. He might even net a 1st round pick.

Cam made a comment about DJ in his intro press conference when he came back to the team about DJ and how he doesn’t really “get it” (when talking about winning). I never really thought Cam and DJ were on the same page attitude wise. Cam is a winner and a leader. DJ just seems like he's willing to be good enough.

I wouldn’t be against trading him if he got us a 1st rounder or collection of picks. There’s enough talent on offense and enough veteran FAs to replace him of equal caliber. 

Terrace Marshall needs to step up. Robbie got a big pay day, make him earn it. Re-sign Zylstra. Make CMC take more snaps at WR. Sign a vet FA. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 2

I love DJ but if it could get us a first round pick, I take it. We need O line, and QB help more than anything. In the same  breath, he is super young, talented, and can be a building block for the future of the franchise who we can afford once Robby gets cut after this upcoming season. I may have just talked myself out of what I said originally….

Ideal scenario: 

Trade DJ Moore, Sam Darnold, and a 2022 5th round pick to a team (Broncos?) without a QB for a 2022 2nd or 3rd.

They get: one year rental at QB and a top 15-25ish WR to build around, plus a 5th round draft pick

We get: $29 million in cap space for 2022 and the 2nd or 3rd round pick we gave up.

We can use the cap to replace DJ (Smith-Schuster & C. Patterson?) and bring in some linemen. Sign Trubisky for cheap and look for a QB in 2023.

Edited by ECHornet
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 7