• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we draft a QB, I want Carson Strong

Ricky Spanish

On 3/1/2022 at 11:01 PM, Ricky Spanish said:

I feel like Strong and Corral will be the best QBs from this draft when it's all said and done. 

If we go QB at 6, I want Corral.

If we trade back, I want an OL and then Strong.

Corral is a bust waiting to happen. He is not an NFL QB. Period

10 hours ago, bobcat91 said:

He hasn't played in an NFL system, but he has NFL traits - best combination of arm / accuracy / mobility in this Draft.

I just don't know how he's going to translate to an NFL offence. He rarely makes full-field reads - he's mostly successful out of the (S)RPO. 

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, Verge said:

They aren't great. He also has zero mobility and is a walking injury risk. Tape's not that great either.

His tape is better than every other QBs in this Draft. What does that say for the rest of them?

His red flag to me is "how bad is that knee". Everything else about him I think "yes, I can win with him at QB in the NFL". 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Both Strong and Corral just seem to have that smell about them that this draft process has not gone in their favor.  There's just a sense of off-puttance by teams with them compared to Willis, Ridder, Howell & Pickett.

Hell, I've seen more promising whispers about Jack Coan and Aqeel Glass.  

12 hours ago, bobcat91 said:

That's a pretty delusional thing to say considering that plenty of scouts have said that he has elite traits. Moreover, he's played against more NFL-level competition over his career than any of them. I guess you know more than the scouts...

2 hours ago, OldhamA said:

His tape is better than every other QBs in this Draft. What does that say for the rest of them?

I don't know of any scout that has said that. He could be a good value pick on day 3, but he isn't sniffing day 1. He is largely immobile, has concerning problems with pressure, doesn't see ancillary defenders any where near a pro level, and takes some unnecessary risks with the ball.