• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers still interested in Watson!

pantherj

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm afraid that if he would do something like that it is a good indication he is capable of doing much worse. 

I truly want to know whether Tepper really thinks it's a good idea to bring a player here that doesn't want to be here.  I can't fathom he is that stupid, although the huddle sure paints him that way.

6 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

I truly want to know whether Tepper really thinks it's a good idea to bring a player here that doesn't want to be here.  I can't fathom he is that stupid, although the huddle sure paints him that way.

I wouldn't call him stupid, arrogant and tone deaf obviously.  He is most definitely showing he doesn't care if his way of doing things has put the team at the bottom of the league.  His faith in the current staff is quite puzzling to say the least.

On 2/23/2022 at 10:05 PM, Jon Snow said:

I wouldn't call him stupid, arrogant and tone deaf obviously.  He is most definitely showing he doesn't care if his way of doing things has put the team at the bottom of the league.  His faith in the current staff is quite puzzling to say the least.

It could be he's honoring his end of the argument with Rhule. It takes time.  We saw progress the first season, and the second was not, so in the eyes of us fans, we're going backwards.  Most wholesale system changes take 3 years.  Perhaps he's just allowing Rhule that time.  It's the opposite of what we see in the rest of the league,  because so many owners are willing to rip coaches out a year or 2 into a process that takes longer. 

I'm not advocating for Rhule, just trying to make sense of it all. 

• Beer 1

On 2/23/2022 at 9:49 PM, pantherclaw said:

Watson never said he wanted to be here or not. People need to realize that!

On 2/23/2022 at 9:39 AM, SizzleBuzz said:

What's the newest key-date in the long line of key-dates by which Mr. Whip-It-Out is guaranteed to be traded?

April 1 is when a lot of legal poo is going to play out, including the conclusion of whether criminal charges will be perused by a grand jury. In my opinion, that will be the main deciding factor for a lot of teams - nothing will happen before that date. It will determine if all this stays civil. Keep in mind the NFL will still do what they want suspension wise.

In addition, as far as discovery, therapists speaking out in Watson’s defense  has been ordered by a judge to disclose who paid for the legal fees, and other financial interests, of the (if not more, there are 18) therapist(s) because it was claimed they are doing this ‘voluntarily’. This has most likely has already been written up, sworn to and submitted to the judge but as an investigation that is ongoing, it’s probably information that we will find out out later once there is resolution, if it comes out.

Think what you want of Buzbee, but he knows what he’s doing. And/or has a lot to work with, which is a given in my opinion, as logic, discovery we do have, and common sense says Watson is not completely innocent. 

As of now, the only thing happening is discovery is being reviewed by all parties but primarily, the DA office. Because April 1 determines how the lawyers are going to angle themselves in this case. On the one hand, criminal charges in itself supports and is huge evidence in any civil suit. On the other hand, dismissal of criminal charges is going to mean lawyers will be playing a strictly civil suit angle, which will certainly not be as much of a ‘slam dunk’ with criminal charges but still very possible.

Something to be aware of, and where this gets messy for everyone, is the DA can press charges and go for criminal consequences even despite victims deciding they want to drop the charges (because they’ve been paid off). A lot of DAs will drop it at this point as a case is all but dead with victims who won’t cooperate, but it all depends on the evidence and some political elements such as making an example of a high profile athlete, metoo movement etc. With so many victims though, it’s unlikley ALL of them won’t cooperate. I’d bet against that - thought some victims will be more relevant than others.

So in essence criminal charges give very solid basis, almost guaranteed successful civil suits. However the lack of criminal charges don’t affect whether there is basis for a civil suit or not. 

Any team claimed to be willing to trade before April 1 is just setting themself up in talks, getting their foot in the door. That notion is an empty conviction or media wanting clicks, or not knowing better. No one in the right mind would trade before then.

Edited by onmyown

2 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

It could be he's honoring his end of the argument with Rhule. It takes time.  We saw progress the first season, and the second was not, so in the eyes of us fans, we're going backwards.  Most wholesale system changes take 3 years.  Perhaps he's just allowing Rhule that time.  It's the opposite of what we see in the rest of the league,  because so many owners are willing to rip coaches out a year or 2 into a process that takes longer. 

I'm not advocating for Rhule, just trying to make sense of it all. 

One would hope that what you described is what is going on. But I admit that it would be the best case scenario.  I shudder to think what is actually going on in his head. 

• Beer 1

On 2/22/2022 at 6:20 PM, pantherj said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-panthers-still-interest-texans-205454164.html

If we land Waston then all is forgiven. I'll forget bout Teddy, Sam, the bad coaching, courting Cousins, all of it.

Just what the Panthers need after Carruth, Fred Lane and Greg Hardy 

I guess while you were forgetting about Teddy, Sam, etc, you forgot about them 

leopards don’t change their spots 

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

Just what the Panthers need after Carruth, Fred Lane and Greg Hardy 

I guess while you were forgetting about Teddy, Sam, etc, you forgot about them 

leopards don’t change their spots 

Fred Lane was murdered by his evil wife. Did you not know that? Why are you listing him?

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, pantherj said:

Fred Lane was murdered by his evil wife. Did you not know that? Why are you listing

many things went on with he and his wife in the domestic abuse arena that made the papers 

i don’t want anything to do with Watson

he did this to himself, no one else but him. .he is a creep at best and a serial sex offender at worst 

as the saying goes ‘when people show you who they are believe them, the first time’

and seconding another poster said, if he is here I’m out   I will not gave two shakes of rat’s ass about this franchise ever again 

• Flames 1