• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers losing the fan base?

BurnNChinn

11 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Since last November 7th when PSL's representing 1,625 seats were available, the buy/sale/offering activity has remained in a band of ~300 (down as much as 174, up as much as 117)...these sorts of fluctuations are normal and in no way material to Panthers business ops.

~62,000 seats are controlled by PSL holders and they are the fans who actually pay the bills.  There is absolutely no indication the Panthers are "losing" their most important stakeholders --- PSL owners.

The website/author sourced by OP is just trolling for clicks and cherrypicking a few negative quotes off of social media is lazy and in no way constitutes journalistic effort, but rather, it's a disingenuous way for her to project her own uninformed negative opinion and position it as the truth.

I know many many many PSL holders and only one has unloaded his PSL's any time in the recent past (gradually over a few years, controlled 12 seats), and, as usual, the sales were driven by life-changes vs. "I'm mad and taking my ball and going home" 😤

PSL holders are proven to patient, and their patience will be rewarded.

Lol well I’m letting mine go back, they can shove it up their a$$. I’m sure many will follow. U call out Mr. Scot saying he posts a lot but damn his at least is something to talk about. This is the dumbest sh$t I’ve ever seen, so annoying.

24 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Everyone pounding the drum for our defense realizes there's a chance we can lose up to 6 starters to FA right?

Jackson, Gilmore, Reddick, Burris, Jones, Carter Jr.

Some are more replaceable than others, but that's potentially losing HALF of all your defensive starters from the previous year where the defense was "Much Improved".

Couple that with the Trash O-Line and Trash QB, you know, the two most important areas of a team, and you have a recipe for the #1 overall pick in the 2023 draft. 

There is very little to be excited about next year. I'm at a point in my life where I have other commitments that take up time I used to have free on gamedays. Because of that, my time is more valuable now than it was when I was in College back in 2010. So why should I spend my time on Sundays, let alone money, on this dumpster fire?

But but, ima “true” fan….

7 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

I’ll never be able to separate myself from the Panthers.  It’s been such a big part of my life.  Family events, tailgates, memories.  I’ll have that forever.

This team?  To hell with *this team*.  I have lost all interest in supporting it.  I’ll give ‘em a look once Rhule is canned.  I’m not going to watch the colors I love get dragged thru the mud by these tards.

It's this iteration of the team that has lost support. People just don't care. They don't care because they can't willingly pull the wool over their eyes like "good fans" do. This team is a mess. It's run by people who don't know what they're doing and aren't learning very well or quickly. They're lost in a maze and they've shot themselves in the foot several times, leaving and are flailing around trying to find their way out on two bad feet. 

There is little reason to believe this team can get out of this hole under current management and it's painful to watch.

Worse, Tepper seems to be ok letting the lost guy with the gun in charge stay in charge while he keeps clumsily pointing the gun at their heart and he's getting ready to pull the trigger again. 

Wisdom would say, quit giving Barney a bullet. Take the gun away. Or just fire him because he's incompetent. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

Fans are just frustrated.  They ( we ) want to see change and it's not happening fast enough.  

If a fan is leaving because of the results of the last two seasons.. he/ she would also leave all message boards, radio call in shows,, etc..  But fans will be here.  Even if it's to whine and complain. 

Go back 3-4 years,, before Rhule..  pick any in game thread we use here..   you'll see fans whining on every play call,  or missed tackle..   then the next play goes for a touchdown or a big pick up and they still want to whine about the play two plays ago.

" EVERY FAN THANKS HE/SHE CAN COACH AND COOK A STEAK" 

Panther fans will still come here and whine if we lose,,  and some will whine if we win.  We're fans.

Will they go to the games if we suck ?  many won't.   Will fans watch on TV  if we suck again, MANY WON'T ,, but they'll come here and whine  🙂

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, rayzor said:

It's this iteration of the team that has lost support. People just don't care. They don't care because they can't willingly pull the wool over their eyes like "good fans" do. This team is a mess. It's run by people who don't know what they're doing and aren't learning very well or quickly. They're lost in a maze and they've shot themselves in the foot several times, leaving and are flailing around trying to find their way out on two bad feet. 

There is little reason to believe this team can get out of this hole under current management and it's painful to watch.

Worse, Tepper seems to be ok letting the lost guy with the gun in charge stay in charge while he keeps clumsily pointing the gun at their heart and he's getting ready to pull the trigger again. 

Wisdom would say, quit giving Barney a bullet. Take the gun away. Or just fire him because he's incompetent. 

You said it well. 

All of this has nothing to do with fan-to-fan comparisons that some try to bring up. 

It's simply been driven to the point of supreme apathy with a pattern that's gone down since the SB loss.  And why is it worse than past lulls? Mainly because this new owner may stick with these guys at the helm and the first years with him are leaving quite the fowl impression on everyone honestly. It's painful indeed, the initial impression of Tepper does not match what has set in.  I don't think he owes us anything necessarily, he bought the team, can do what he wants, but there's definitely a rift/interest loss developing.  

And now, we've got an awful full-control HC (which we've never truly had) while the fans have been wanting a good GM for pretty much our entire existence. So now, we are in need of:

A GM, HC, QB, OL.   Not to mention, this defense we built and overly focused on (that is still pretty questionable) will only get older and we may lose good ones going into second and third contracts.  

It's also just a boring product that has been stripped of the few cool rituals and proprietary elements the fans/players created (i.e. Keep Pounding, etc.). No cool tweaks to unis, no real adds to the experience.  We've got a DE who likes Spiderman and a perpetually injured overpaid football-fam f*ckboy at RB.  Yay.  The only real marketed push for interest is the new training facility in SC and a solid social media team.

In the past, we knew JR was playing the game with the new CBA & we weren't trying to win in 2010/11.  Fox never had a putrid season until that year.  Sure, frustrating, but that at least was this weird tanktahon Fox-sendoff with zero talent where we saw it for what it was.  We're currently lost in the woods.  Also--2010 was worse than 2001 IMO, but as I said, the light was at the end of the tunnel in both cases.  

So, now, we're having this weird easing-into-new-ownership period, leaving an iffy impression, and stripped a lot of fun things about the experience and all.  Meanwhile, a coach who keeps flailing and looking rather embarrassing league-wide.  They seem comfortable constantly running around like chickens with their heads cut off, having one of the leakiest offices in the league, and physically looking like de-shuffled messes.  

And that's where we are and why no one gives a sh*t.  And fans are falling off, bandwagon or not, fans are falling off and it's never good.  This whole "real fan" bs is stupid.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

8 hours ago, Actionman0z said:

Said by someone who has no skill to do it… or credit for having done it. It’s like writing a book on war, after watching the movie Navy Seals with Charlie Sheen. Come on. 

You don't have to have coached in the NFL to recognize bad coaching or bad management, and it's not required to recognize the  arrogance to claim success despite plenty of evidence to the contrary. 

Rhule has made absolute bone headed decisions from hiring a staff with almost zero NFL experience to assembling one of the worst offensive lines we've ever had (and overpaying for it to), and trading assets for the worst QB in the past 3 years after watching very little film on him when other better QBs were available for far far less. And let's not forget the 2-12 finish after barely beating the Jets, a Saints team missing half the damn staff due to Covid, and a Texans team with a 3rd round rookie making his first NFL start. 

But keep on drinking that kool-aid Rhay-Z keeps serving. It's good poo. 1000%

• Flames 2

2 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

There is very little to be excited about next year. I'm at a point in my life where I have other commitments that take up time I used to have free on gamedays. Because of that, my time is more valuable now than it was when I was in College back in 2010. So why should I spend my time on Sundays, let alone money, on this dumpster fire?

This is exactly where I am. 

My life changed 180 degrees last year...going to be doing things that are a LOT more valuable to me than watching every single NFL game every week (which I did for years), much less watching this mess of a team.

Frees up about 20 Sunday's next year.  Sad part, it didn't have to be this way, it could have been an awakening of a franchise, instead we head into a dark age.....again.

9 hours ago, Actionman0z said:

Said by someone who has no skill to do it

Sorry, but this is a dumb line to be standing on. It doesn't take a plumber or a mechanic or an accountant or even a surgeon to see when they've completely fugged up a job and left the person that hired them in a worse situation than what they started off with.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

This is exactly where I am. 

My life changed 180 degrees last year...going to be doing things that are a LOT more valuable to me than watching every single NFL game every week (which I did for years), much less watching this mess of a team.

Frees up about 20 Sunday's next year.  Sad part, it didn't have to be this way, it could have been an awakening of a franchise, instead we head into a dark age.....again.

I've already booked 12 tee times for next season so far. I'm actually looking forward to this season of Sunday golf, BBQ and bourbon. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I've already booked 12 tee times for next season so far. I'm actually looking forward to this season of Sunday golf, BBQ and bourbon. 

In Wilmington, it's beautiful most of the time until mid November, I'll be on the boat.

Cruising, fishing, grilling, having beers....certainly won't be screaming at a television screen, nor caring what's actually happening at BOA.

Overall the franchise hasn’t lost me but has for sure with the current HC and next season. 

I am someone who loves going to the stadium on game days, even in the past seasons when the team was bad. And originally I was excited to have an extra home game every other year but I’m hoping the one this upcoming season will be in Germany, as being rumored, so I don’t have to pay for that extra home game.  

17 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Wouldn't say my life changed 180° last year, but I definitely had (and still have) real world priorities to deal with. I understand.

When it comes to sports, It's fun watching people who know what they're doing.

It's difficult watching people who don't.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1