• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wentz to the Washington Football Team Commanders for 2 3rd rounders

NCTHFL0567

3 hours ago, t96 said:

Worth noting Wentz was an MVP caliber QB several years back before his injury. He was likely the favorite that year if he didn't get hurt. I think this is more Rivera taking a shot on seeing if he can get back to that level. I don't think there's any chance he can and clearly the Colts already tried and moved on from him quickly, but I can see some of the logic in going for Wentz independent of this QB class.

The problem is that Wentz ALWAYS gets hurt. Has he ever played a full season?  I would have went with Trubisky over Wentz personally. I also don't understand why WFT is acting like they are just a QB away from greatness. I don't see it. 

From Pro football talk:

Per Keefer, some concluded that Wentz displayed “a lack of leadership, a resistance to hard coaching and a reckless style of play.” Frankly, these are exactly the concerns that undermined Wentz’s time with the Eagles.

That’s why coach Frank Reich’s advocacy for Wentz was so surprising. Reich knew the concerns. Reich, as he said last week in Indianapolis, stuck his neck out for Wentz. But Reich was smart enough to pull his head back into the shell and not pin his career on pushing for a second season for Wentz in 2022.

When Keefer explains that the “Colts’ brass simply didn’t trust [Wentz] to be the franchise quarterback moving forward,” the lack of trust begins with owner Jim Irsay. Wentz knew that; he reportedly requested a meeting with Irsay to “clear the air.” Although Irsay declined, he had a pretty good excuse. He was out of town. Per Keefer, the two men eventually spoke.

Edited by WarPanthers89

5 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

From Pro football talk:

Per Keefer, some concluded that Wentz displayed “a lack of leadership, a resistance to hard coaching and a reckless style of play.” Frankly, these are exactly the concerns that undermined Wentz’s time with the Eagles.

That’s why coach Frank Reich’s advocacy for Wentz was so surprising. Reich knew the concerns. Reich, as he said last week in Indianapolis, stuck his neck out for Wentz. But Reich was smart enough to pull his head back into the shell and not pin his career on pushing for a second season for Wentz in 2022.

When Keefer explains that the “Colts’ brass simply didn’t trust [Wentz] to be the franchise quarterback moving forward,” the lack of trust begins with owner Jim Irsay. Wentz knew that; he reportedly requested a meeting with Irsay to “clear the air.” Although Irsay declined, he had a pretty good excuse. He was out of town. Per Keefer, the two men eventually spoke.

Speaking of Frank Reich, wish he were the Panther coach.

I also wish the owner would go as hard for a new front office as he did a new qb.  But that's another conversation. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Russell Wilson gets Seattle 2 first, 2 seconds, a fifth round and 3 players and he's on the down side of his career.

Wentz gets Indy 2 thirds?

Dunno who's providing the drugs, but no way Wilson is worth half of that and no way Wentz is 2 third rounders. Indy could have asked for a little more and would have gotten it. Maybe a couple seconds.

The irony about it is, I've read that the picks are conditional.

Washington gets Wentz and the Colts' 49th pick (moving down 7 picks) and the Colts get Washington's 42nd pick and a 3rd round pick next season with the potential of it turning into a 2nd rounder if Wentz plays more than 70% of the snaps. That and Washington has to take on his full contract removing it from the Colts' books entirely.

Edited by ichigo1057