• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB situation getting worse for the Panthers.

Zod

2 hours ago, Zod said:

Now Seattle and Indy need QBs.

Both easily more desirable than Matt Rhule's Panthers. 

This ain't helping. We need to draft our prospect. 

Actually I would argue that this is good. Might have more teams willing to trade up with us to get their guy. Hopefully we land a bounty of picks and get our QB next year. 

• Pie 2

I'm going to break with the house rules around here as I don't sit at the "cool" fans table anyway. This is GREAT news for us. The 2 teams most desperate for a QB who'd might want to jump us in the draft are out of the QB hunt now. Now I know that around this point I'm supposed to say that this QB class sucks, Rhule sucks, Fitts sucks, Tepper sucks, Panthers suck etc. but I won't because I'm a rebel like that. I see this as great news for us because now we should easily be able to get the best QB in this years' class, Kenny Picket, at pick 6!!! I never expected we would be able to draft a 4 year starter who showed improvement each an every season, played in the ACC, has a good arm, good mechanics, can make all the throws except the 65 yard bomb but his 50-55 yard passes are beautiful. He is a leader with a great character and he has a quiet swagger that reminds me of Hebert. In fact, he's being brushed off by many in much the same way Herbert was. Herbert had much of the same skills and college career but people always found some way to blow him off as not really that good same as they are doing with Pickett. I'm not sure why but it's okay with me as I expect us to get the steal of the draft. This is also a perfect situation for Kenny to come too. He can sit behind Darnold early in the season and likely have the opportunity to take his place during the season and rally the team behind their new QB of the future. I expect us to take advantage of finally having an almost normal pre season, actual cap space to improve our OL with FAs that are actually available this season and to add a few new pieces in the draft. I know we don't have the picks now but I'm expecting us to make a few trades to get a couple of picks and free more cap space. I like the changes we've made to our staff as they all look like improvements to me with successful NFL experience. We also have a lot of young players who I expect most will have improved and a very good defense that hopefully we can make better with a couple of moves on that side as well. All and all, I'm feeling optimistic about next season. This draft is quite deep at positions of need for us so if we can pull ofF some trades we should be able to help ourselves there. 

Keep Pounding!!! Stop Crying!!!

Now fling the Poo at me. It's ok. I'll wear it proudly. Through the good times and the bad, Panthers fan for life. 

PANTHERS RHULE!!!

Edited by Panthers Rhule
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

I'm going to break with the house rules around here as I don't sit at the "cool" fans table anyway. This is GREAT news for us. The 2 teams most desperate for a QB who'd might want to jump us in the draft are out of the QB hunt now. Now I know that around this point I'm supposed to say that this QB class sucks, Rhule sucks, Fitts sucks, Tepper sucks, Panthers suck etc. but I won't because I'm a rebel like that. I see this as great news for us because now we should easily be able to get the best QB in this years' class, Kenny Picket, at pick 6!!! I never expected we would be able to draft a 4 year starter who showed improvement each an every season, played in the ACC, has a good arm, good mechanics, can make all the throws except the 65 yard bomb but his 50-55 yard passes are beautiful. He is a leader with a great character and he has a quiet swagger that reminds me of Hebert. In fact, he's being brushed off by many in much the same way Herbert was. Herbert had much of the same skills and college career but people always found some way to blow him off as not really that good same as they are doing with Pickett. I'm not sure why but it's okay with me as I expect us to get the steal of the draft. This is also a perfect situation for Kenny to come too. He can sit behind Darnold early in the season and likely have the opportunity to take his place during the season and rally the team behind their new QB of the future. I expect us to take advantage of finally having an almost normal pre season, actual cap space to improve our OL with FAs that are actually available this season and to add a few new pieces in the draft. I know we don't have the picks now but I'm expecting us to make a few trades to get a couple of picks and free more cap space. I like the changes we've made to our staff as they all look like improvements to me with successful NFL experience. We also have a lot of young players who I expect most will have improved and a very good defense that hopefully we can make better with a couple of moves on that side as well. All and all, I'm feeling optimistic about next season. This draft is quite deep at positions of need for us so if we can pull ofF some trades we should be able to help ourselves there. 

Keep Pounding!!! Stop Crying!!!

Now fling the Poo at me. It's ok. I'll wear it proudly. Through the good times and the bad, Panthers fan for life. 

PANTHERS RHULE!!!

You will get not poo from me. I have no allegiance to, desire for, or objection to any particular qb in this draft.  As long as they manage to unseat Sam and PJ from the roster I would be thrilled. 

My hope is that Rhule either turns into the next Vince Lombardi or he is finally removed from the decision making flow chart. Anything in between is as useful as fart in the wind.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Yeah, sorry about that. I'm eating while writing and forgot to make paragraphs. 

I suck at writing in general.  Even worse typing on a phone. I'm also no English major and couldn't tell you where a paragraph starts or ends. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Rivera's had 7 losing seasons in his what? 10 years as coach? Yeah...............

That's a .33 winning season rate.

Rhule's is currently zero.

To put it another way, three winning seasons is there more than Matt Rhule has.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2