• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Florio: Panthers understand they have to give up 3 firsts, another pick, and 1-2 (Chinn, Burns, Brown, Horn)

Kraybrothers

1 minute ago, joemac said:

Were doomed if we DONT trade for him. Have you seen the guys playing QB for us lately?

lol you think Pickett or Willis is coming to save the day? Please. Spare me. 

Naw…we aren’t that bad.  Man…this team will compete next season.  No need to panic at all

4 minutes ago, RJK said:

That’s waaaaay to much even if he wasn’t a serial sex offender. With no picks to improve the roster around Watson what even is the point? Unfortunately our owner and coach might be dumb enough to do it 

Ya'll are overvaluing draft picks

Are you telling me you wouldn't trade Brown, Burns, and Horn for Watson?  Because those are our last 3 1st round picks.  

Hell we had a stretch where our picks were Benjamin, Thompson, and Butler.  You telling me you wouldn't have traded those picks for a franchise QB?

There are other ways to improve your team outside of the draft, and a team with a franchise QB is almost always MUCH more aggressive and willing in free agency than a team without a QB.  It would absolutely be worth it, IF Watson never got in trouble again.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Mage said:

Are you telling me you wouldn't trade Brown, Burns, and Horn for Watson?  Because those are our last 3 1st round picks.  

Hell we had a stretch where our picks were Benjamin, Thompson, and Butler.  You telling me you wouldn't have traded those picks for a franchise QB?

There are other ways to improve your team outside of the draft, and a team with a franchise QB is almost always MUCH more aggressive and willing in free agency than a team without a QB.  It would absolutely be worth it, IF Watson never got in trouble again.

This. Thank you

1 minute ago, Mage said:

This is my exact argument. Draft picks are overrated 

• Poo 1

Just now, Mage said:

Watson is WAY overvalued here.  He isn’t that great.  What if he gets injured?  What if he leaves in 2 years?  Stupid shet.  This guy that hasn’t played is some how better than a 21 year old rookie?  How?  We don’t know what Watson even is atp.  Fug all this

• Pie 3

Football is the ultimate team sport. However you must have a great QB to do anything. Watson would check that box and we could move on to filling the other holes. Wtf is the alternative? Drafting a jabroni like Pickett or Willis? fug that. Get one of the best in the entire world and then build around him. I’m tired of all this bullshit. Just get it done. 

How would you move on to filling other holes? With 3rd and later picks? Or the plethora of free agents come to learn at the feet of the master Matt Fhule. Better get ready to renegotiate that contract for 75m a season in 3 years when he wants a new one or else he's leaving. That's if he's even allowed on the field because we all know what Roger Goodell says and what he does are to very different things when it comes to social media pressure. This trade will be worse than the Herschel Walker trade by a long shot. 

• Pie 4

This is my exact argument. Draft picks are overrated 

Exactly.  I can't think of a single 3-year stretch where I'd take our 1st round picks over Watson (exc. Cam, obviously).  I'd even trade McCaffrey/Moore/Burns for Watson.

• Flames 1