• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Florio: Panthers understand they have to give up 3 firsts, another pick, and 1-2 (Chinn, Burns, Brown, Horn)

Kraybrothers

32 minutes ago, KDawg004 said:

Not really onboard with this. This would leave us with a bare cupboard. Unfortunately Denver’s desperate trade doesn’t bode well for us. I’m dead set on finally drafting a LT this year. We’ll inevitably bomb next year and be in position to draft our pick of the litter at QB for much cheaper.

Next year's class in nioce.  Possible 4 1st round qb's good.  

2 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Dude if we make this trade, we'll have even fewer picks, still no offensive line, and even less cap space. 

We'll just have a QB with no talent surrounding him and no means to surround him with talent. 

If Watson was unhappy with personnel and coaching decisions in Houston, he certainly won't be any happier in Carolina.

• Pie 3

11 minutes ago, Verge said:

Lol definitely not, at least for me.

From my perspective, I’m not on the beat, so I’m not coming at this from a conventional perspective. It’s a relationships business, as a broadcaster in particular, it’s less about trolling for information, and more about building mutual trust and respect. My role in the media allows me more time to build that trust, and it’s been a rewarding experience. Those who cover the team on the beat have spent hours, countless hours, developing their network of relationships. Agents are a part of that network. But it’s not the only element here, in terms of representation leaking out info. In fact, I haven’t spoken with David about his client. I’m sure he’s out there doing his job on that front, and that’s a big part of this game. But again, if I’m offering up information from a source, it’s done with care and consideration. I value these relationships a hell of a lot more than angling for intel. 

• Pie 1

Most of you who follow my work understand how I operate, and there’s always going to be a few people who don’t understand it. Hell, I get it, and it’s really not about me. It’s about offering value for no who have been kind enough to follow my work.

I really enjoy what I do, and I appreciate you guys engaging with me on Twitter, and allowing me to share some perspective here. 

Edited by ellis
  • Pie 5
  • The D 1

6 minutes ago, ellis said:

Most of you who follow my work understand how I operate, and there’s always going to be a few people who don’t understand it. Hell, I get it, and it’s really not about me. It’s about offering value for no who have been kind enough to follow my work.

I really enjoy what I do, and I appreciate you guys engaging with me on Twitter, and allowing me to share some perspective here. 

Always enjoy your stuff

on anther note, remember when that parrot flew into your radio interview? that was funny af 

• Beer 1

It would be wonderful if we could just, you know, name everybody we had built a level of trust with over the years as we offer some valuable information regarding developing stories. I mean, wouldn’t that be great? Just confirmed sources, no background. 

Instead, we live and operate in a world that, for years, has produced solid accounting of events without the need to compromise the identity of individuals who contribute to this reporting. So, there’s a natural tendency to discredit people for offering a story that includes sourcing on background, while offering input from individuals who (often wisely) wish to not be named. 

I would just encourage people to give new reporters an opportunity to build their careers before assuming that they’re just making stuff up. (I had to swim through that sea of doubt from people for about a year as I cranked up this project, and never really bothered me, because my “unnamed sources”  and I were able to laugh our asses off about it in real time. So, that’s always therapeutic lmao) 

Over the years, I’ve made nothing up—never had to. Never wanted to. Never occurred to me to need to. I don’t know anybody in their right mind who would do it.

When you scoff at every report and  default whine about unnamed sources, I dunno, perhaps it could simply be a reflection of your own insecurity.

I can say with a pretty high degree of confidence: Most people who last don’t do this. So, believe what you want. But if you know deep down a reporter has credibility, and you’re just choosing to hold back your seal of approval until you get an actual name with a quote, perhaps the mirror is a good place to start in terms of assessing the problem. 

Edited by ellis
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1

The huddle has tried to offload every single one of those guys at some point. Now they're upset if it actually happens? 

The same huddle that tried to justify why the three picks we gave up for Sam Ducktales was good value. 

Never change lol

Edited by Call Me James

5 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

The huddle has tried to offload every single one of those guys at some point. Now they're upset if it actually happens? 

The same huddle that tried to justify why the three picks we gave up for Sam Ducktales was good value. 

Never change lol

I don’t get by as much as I should, but I always appreciate the conversations here.

• Beer 1

24 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Always enjoy your stuff

on anther note, remember when that parrot flew into your radio interview? that was funny af 

Yeah, that was an absolute moment LOL. Sidenote, that was in the dead of September in Easley, South Carolina, and we were wearing blazers in an outdoor venue. The sun was reflecting off of tin roof, right into my goddamn face. And yes, I was attacked by some type of parrot. And they actually gave me a paycheck for that day. No complaints, and I appreciate you remembering that LOL.

D23B0741-5558-414A-87EA-8D906C486559.png

D32CB200-D7D8-44D7-B6E5-33B2D688E870.png

3743F541-9ACD-496E-961A-A191841282A1.png

Edited by ellis
  • Pie 1

14 minutes ago, ellis said:

I don’t get by as much as I should, but I always appreciate the conversations here.

It's enjoyable and I've actually find a lot of good panthers talk from it. You being one. 

The team is in Flux and I don't know where we end up, but if we land a franchise QB I'm okay with it. 

• Pie 1