• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

No, no I give up because obviously I don't understand that inept coaches can win Super Bowls with QBs that have proven they can't do it with much better rosters.  The funny thing is you think Watson is going to crown this franchise like Stafford did the Rams and like Brady did the Bucs.  That's what is tragically funny about this whole situation is our front office is so freaking incompetent that they to are trying their best to make that correlation. 

No, don’t believe that. But he could be a piece to build around like Drew Brees, or hell even that guy Cam Newton and eventually get us there. Now before any of y’all come at me and be all like “can’t build without draft picks”. Yes. Yes you can. We drafted like poo with Marty Hurney for the most part but still were elevated by QB1.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

No, no I give up because obviously I don't understand that inept coaches can win Super Bowls with QBs that have proven they can't do it with much better rosters.  The funny thing is you think Watson is going to crown this franchise like Stafford did the Rams and like Brady did the Bucs.  That's what is tragically funny about this whole situation is our front office is so freaking incompetent that they to are trying their best to make that correlation. 

No, I don't. It's a much longer-term move than Stafford or Brady. Watson is 26 years old. He's probably got 10 really good, elite or near-elite level years left. 

Are you really holding it against Watson that he didn't win a Super Bowl at age 23-24 with good rosters? It's not as if the Texans were bad those years. They were contenders. Aaron Rodgers has been the best QB in the NFL or close to it for 15 years and has one Super Bowl to show for it. Only one guy can win it every year. 

Just now, MVPccaffrey said:

is that why the Texans went 4-12 the last year he played?  Okay

Having shitty QB play is the reason we have not seen the playoffs since the 2017 season. 

He had almost 5k yards, 70% completion, 33td, 7ints, behind one of the worst lines in the league. He also had another 450 yards rushing and 3 tds. 

He was not the reason that team was 4-12. Their D was among the worst in the league with a very weak running game. 

• Pie 2

Just now, PootieNunu said:

Having shitty QB play is the reason we have not seen the playoffs since the 2017 season. 

He had almost 5k yards, 70% completion, 33td, 7ints, behind one of the worst lines in the league. He also had another 450 yards rushing and 3 tds. 

He was not the reason that team was 4-12. Their D was among the worst in the league with a very weak running game. 

I'll make note of how much you appraise his abilities when he's in Seattle or New Orleans next year

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Impatience got us Bridgewater and Darnold.  I'm sorry, what was your point about urgency in the NFL?

I don't think Bridgewater was a product of impatience. That move made plenty of sense at the time. He just didn't work out. And I fail to see how one bad trade for Darnold is proof that urgency never pays off. Bucs weren't "patient" with Winston. They went out and got Brady. Chiefs weren't "patient" with Alex Smith. They went out and got a QB they thought could be an upgrade when they didn't necessarily need one. The Broncos weren't "patient" with The Golden Calf of Bristol. They went and got Manning and won a Super Bowl. 

Just now, MVPccaffrey said:

i honestly think Saints are in it to goad Tepper into giving up even more picks and players as an easy way to harm our franchise further

I am getting that same vibe. 

3 1sts, 1 3rd, and Burns should be the limit. If any other players get included it needs to be lesser guys like Brown or worse. 

• Pie 1

Just now, PootieNunu said:

Completely agree that season wasn't on him at all.  Watson is among the best QBs in the game. 

I guess the issue is, given what we are expected to give up and out existing holes and draft capital, would the results here be any different than that season?  It just goes to show an exceptional QB alone isn't enough.

I personally would do 3 first rounders and 1-2 good players for a franchise QB, but I guess my fear would be that QB forcing his way out of the situation after he's acquired given the shitshow we have.  But I assume that's what the meetings are for.  Acquiring someone like Watson - who lol is barely older than Kenny Pickett - will allow us to focus all resources on other areas of the team. We just need to make sure OL gets built first if we go that route. I'd rather overcommit to OL and neglect the D if we get Watson.

Who knows. We will see.

• Pie 2

17 minutes ago, Julio said:

Cooks is on the last year of his deal, and I’d argue that TMJ is a better prospect than both Nico and Conley. 

you can argue that all you want, but the stats wont support your argument. Nico had twice the amount of production with 1/3 of the game time TMJ had. Conley is a vet now and who is becoming an established deep threat. TMJ means nothing to the Texans.