• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

5 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Top 3 CB's? Horn's getting traded too? I think it's Brown, and Burns that would be gone. 

And eh. I think the defense was going to be average regardless this season. They weren't shutdown last year and even got torched by average Kirk Cousins. So yeah.........

Read. Two of the top three.

4 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Yeah, but the Texans will also have to approve where they want him to go. It's been reported the Texans love what Carolina is offering. Nothing about Seattle. But Jeremiah saying his buddies around the league think he's going to Seattle. Which is close to you as a Mod on the Carolina Huddle saying your buddies around the Huddle think you're going to the park today. That's about that equivalent. 

If Watson says yes to Seattle and no to Carolina then the Texans don't have much of an option. There only leverage here is refusing to trade him at all and continuing to pay him to sit at home.

4 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

Some of you all can talk yourselves into anything.  It’s on public record he doesn’t want to come here.  Our situation is worse than any other suitor.  Seattle has more assets.  Reporting is that almost everyone around the league expects he lands in Seattle.  Stop being delusional.

and you know what?  The same people pissing and moaning about it will be the loudest saying amen when Watson doesn’t drag a decrepit Seattle team to better than 3rd in the division and he gets injured

Sorry bud it’s not public record he didn’t want to come here. You’re wrong unfortunately, nobody knows that answer. Maybe you need to read a little more instead of listening to all the people on here that think they know it all.

13 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

I mean, without Watson, it's a given he'll be fired after next year. Our QB situation is hot ass without Watson. With Watson, in our not so great division? If Watson plays all 17 games? Eh. Maybe. 

Um.  He is getting a penalty from the league.  Probably around 4 games.  Might be cut to 2 but the nfl is going to ding him just because they can.  

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

If Watson says yes to Seattle and no to Carolina then the Texans don't have much of an option. There only leverage here is refusing to trade him at all and continuing to pay him to sit at home.

Yeah, I'm sure the Texans would love trading him to Seattle for a worse package than Carolina is offering. Leverage or not. I'm not sure they would be thrilled trading him for a worse package, when they can try to convince Watson to go to Carolina. 

4 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I was making a joke. 

To be clear to the very angry early morning Panthers fans here I would welcome the opportunity to bring in a franchise QB like Watson. But I have a hard time believing he truly wants to hitch his wagon to this "shitshow" as it has been so accurately described in league circles as of late.

Just now, NCTHFL0567 said:

Yeah, I'm sure the Texans would love trading him to Seattle for a worse package than Carolina is offering. Leverage or not. I'm not sure they would be thrilled trading him for a worse package, when they can try to convince Watson to go to Carolina. 

It's not about what they would love, like, or hate. It's about Watson having the legal ability in his contract to force what he wants.

6 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Watson is from Gainseville, GA and will be only 4 hours away from there and his family. So yeah. Carolina has location big time. 

I doubt that matters in the grand scheme of things.  Location to family doesn’t move the needle when your franchise is ringling brothers circus