• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No Team has won the Super Bowl in 20+ years with their QB taking up more than 12.6% of the salary cap

Ricky Spanish

3 hours ago, frankw said:

But you do? Trolling about wanting the last franchise QB out of the city for the better part of a decade doesn't count 😂

How many times do I have to say it ... I disliked Cam the persona. I didn't dislike Cam the QB. I'm an Auburn fan for crying out loud. I'd have NO issue with Watson coming here if the deal is right. But the deal will not be right and it will harm the team ... the only thing I care about. I don't focus on one player like others here do.

3 hours ago, stbugs said:

Lol. You know 12.6% is the way they excluded Brady since he always took team friendly deals to help win SBs. It worked because he was a stud too. It also probably excludes guys like Mahomes who won on their rookie deal. Burrow got there on his rookie deal.

I’m not going to disagree but some of these stats are silly. Peyton is on there higher than 14% but then his cap number was smaller in 2015.

Here’s why this article is kind of dumb. Brady’s won the most and he was notorious for being team friendly. Ryan didn’t win but was over 15%. Was his extra 2.5% the reason or the stupidity of their play calling?

Also, best of all how about Stafford? Well, he was only 11% because the Rams got him after the Lions paid the $50M signing bonus so the Rams cap hit was just salary and no bonus. Goff was 13.6% of the cap so the Rams won a SB with a QB making a higher % than their limit and he wasn’t even on the team. The Rams won last year with QBs taking up almost 25% of their cap. Does that fit into the article’s conclusion?

Tell me you didn't read the link without telling me you didn't read the link. ^^

39 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I'm an Auburn fan for crying out loud.

Fuggin liar.

And, if you (still) want to (falsely) claim that label, fug off you goddam pretender.

Or maybe you're older than me (and I'm pretty damn old)?  One of those "old school" SEC fans who preferred keeping the SEC looking "pristine" like the 40's, 50's and 60's, before players that looked like Cam were allowed to play?  If you truly claim yourself to be an Auburn "fan", I'm betting that's EXACTLY what you are.

Edited by tiger7_88
  • Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I have receipts from when this all started a Year ago that I didn't like the price Houston was asking for him.

This is without the rapey stuff tacked on. 

Seriously question but didn’t you wanna trade 3 1sts for Zach Wilson last draft? I remember you wanted him.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

38 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

How many times do I have to say it ... I disliked Cam the persona. I didn't dislike Cam the QB. I'm an Auburn fan for crying out loud. I'd have NO issue with Watson coming here if the deal is right. But the deal will not be right and it will harm the team ... the only thing I care about. I don't focus on one player like others here do.

You reek of rolling tide….. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You reek of rolling tide….. 

The reason that guys like Brooklyn don't like Cam is because they don't like Cam's sense of fashion.

Which truly makes me think that maybe Brooklyn is really REALLY afraid of being "out'ed" by Cam's chosen (and very freaky) wardrobe.  Cam is a litmus paper for males who are truly unsure about their masculinity.  Me?  God bless, Cam... his fashion choices are crazy, but they make me laugh.  I sure as hell don't feel threatened by them.  God bless him... dress the way you feel, Brother Cam.

But Brooklyn?  His testicles shrink into his small intestines every time he sees Cam dress crazy.  And the question you have to ask yourself is... why?

I think I know why.

29 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

The reason that guys like Brooklyn don't like Cam is because they don't like Cam's sense of fashion.

Which truly makes me think that maybe Brooklyn is really REALLY afraid of being "out'ed" by Cam's chosen (and very freaky) wardrobe.  Cam is a litmus paper for males who are truly unsure about their masculinity.  Me?  God bless, Cam... his fashion choices are crazy, but they make me laugh.  I sure as hell don't feel threatened by them.  God bless him... dress the way you feel, Brother Cam.

But Brooklyn?  His testicles shrink into his small intestines every time he sees Cam dress crazy.  And the question you have to ask yourself is... why?

I think I know why.

Love Cam on and off the field. He did so much for the Charlotte community and had zero off field issues. I could care less how the man dresses. He uses fashion to express himself, which is fine by me. 

• Beer 2