• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Watson Thread - Part Deux

Zod

To all my homies that know Watson is the only thing that could shape up this poo show. Do not be affraid. The snake oil salesmen has this. He may not know a lick of NFL football but if he can sell sand in the desert to the richest owner in the NFL,  D. Wats doesn't have a chance not to be sucked in. I can see him now. Bro the masseuse thing was you being young. I'll send you 20 primos a night. Rhule the fool is going to land us Watson. This is the first time I am happy we hired him. It's like Pickles. Forrest n trees.

Edited by SmittysLawnGuy
  • Pie 1

25 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

This right here. I keep seeing that they are the front runners but as of right now the only meaningful contract they can do anything with is Bradley Roby which could save then $9m but that still doesn’t fix anything because they would have to clear out at a minimum $24m and I just don’t see them doing that. 

they would also need to clear out another $40m for next season and they only have between $100k and $500k available based on that.

I think the reason Sean Payton retired was because he knew the ship was about to sink and there was no saving it for 2 years. 2024 is when they’re cap issues will clear up.  Not today.

p.s. I’m split on Watson, I’m actually good either way we go. So I’m not someone just posting because I hope he lands here. I honestly just don’t see how New Orleans and Atlanta can pretend they can.

Your theory is that New Orleans is made the trade offer and went through the meetings but it’s going to have to walk away from the trade because of salary cap? Come on now…

9 minutes ago, mwa78 said:

Your theory is that New Orleans is made the trade offer and went through the meetings but it’s going to have to walk away from the trade because of salary cap? Come on now…

Right I'm pretty sure the solid offer they've put on the table and met with him means they weren't joking.

Edited by SmittysLawnGuy

5 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Ellis has been good at building his own thing this past year, but he's still just a guy talking w no serious sources

It’s funny, because one of the key factors in building my own thing over the past (two) years has been developing relationships with sources. Not only do I have sourcing, I work hard to use it w care. I don’t have an inflated opinion of myself, and I understand who the beat writers truly are. In fact, they appear on my Fox Sports Upstate talk show weekly, sometimes daily. I enjoy my niche. My information is solid, from solid NFL folks, used only when appropriate. Thanks for your feedback, I hope you’re doing well

Edited by ellis
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, ellis said:

It’s funny, because one of the key factors in building my own thing over the past (two) years has been developing relationships with sources. Not only do I have sourcing, I work hard to use it w care. I don’t have an inflated opinion of myself, and I understand who are the beat writers are. In fact, they appear on my Fox Sports Upstate talk show weekly, sometimes daily. I enjoy my niche. My information is solid, from solid people, only used when appropriate. Thanks for your feedback, I hope you’re doing well

Thanks Ellis.  Are your sources saying that the Saints are the preferred destination for sure?  There is so much info out there claiming the same thing for the Panthers and Browns - it’s crazy.  Meanwhile the national guys are silent right now.  

5 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

I agree with you, I just meant his sources outside of the building on the national level, I doubt even our FO really has a clue besides their feelings of how the interview went 

Hey Jackie. It’s a wider net than you probably think, and again, it’s more about relationships than trolling for 411. The relationships are the most important thing to me, and if information is offered from that, we go with it.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, ellis said:

It’s funny, because one of the key factors in building my own thing over the past (two) years has been developing relationships with sources. Not only do I have sourcing, I work hard to use it w care. I don’t have an inflated opinion of myself, and I understand who are the beat writers are. In fact, they appear on my Fox Sports Upstate talk show weekly, sometimes daily. I enjoy my niche. My information is solid, from solid people, only used when appropriate. Thanks for your feedback, I hope you’re doing well

Ellis your a cool dude! I don't like many people but you are easy to pull for.

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Thanks Ellis.  Are your sources saying that the Saints are the preferred destination for sure?  There is so much info out there claiming the same thing for the Panthers and Browns - it’s crazy.  Meanwhile the national guys are silent right now.  

My sources tell me Tepper and the Panthers are viewed as the best trade partner by Caserio and the Texans. Houston likes what Carolina has the offer, and how much of it they appear to be willing to offer. 6th overall, 2 other 1st’s, at least one starting caliber player on his rookie deal. Maybe more than that, but that’s the baseline. 

My gut is NO might have an edge, based on the fact that Carolina’s culture/results haven’t been very good in years. Watson might not mind that, but I’d be surprised. 

Edited by ellis

1 hour ago, Doc Holiday said:

This right here. I keep seeing that they are the front runners but as of right now the only meaningful contract they can do anything with is Bradley Roby which could save then $9m but that still doesn’t fix anything because they would have to clear out at a minimum $24m and I just don’t see them doing that.

They extended Roby’s contract last night which is supposed to free up more space. I just can’t doubt their ability to make stuff happen anymore.

11 minutes ago, ellis said:

My sources tell me Tepper and the Panthers are viewed as the best trade partner by Caserio and the Texans. Houston likes what Carolina has the offer, and how much of it they appear to be willing to offer. 6th overall, 2 other 1st’s, at least one starting caliber player on his rookie deal. Maybe more than that, but that’s the baseline. 

My gut is NO might have an edge, based on the fact that Carolina’s culture/results haven’t been very good in years. Watson might not mind that, but I’d be surprised. 

Gotcha, thanks.

We have to hope that he wants to return to the Carolinas and sees more upside in Carolina’s offense with DJ, Robby, CMC, and the two young guns just drafted.  We also have the space to sign Fuller, which seems to play a part here.  Not sure NO can afford Watson and Fuller while still resigning Armstead.

we shall see I guess 

7 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/401128026

Yeah he really blew us out last time he played us…

That was for the dysfunctional Texans.  He will be playing for a well-run, well-built, albeit corrupt organization that has owned our asses for at least the last decade.

But, I'll let y'all pump this megafail full of fluff like so much of our fanbase does every year, in denial, until we get punched in the fuging mouth and start the cycle all over again with the "well, we'll be better next year" bullshit.

1 hour ago, OriginalPD said:

On Moving the Chains on SiriusXM yesterday, the hosts were saying that NO had no way to bring in DW because all their high price guys were already restructured and getting rid of them would simply accelerate their cap hit and make it worse. That it wasn’t possible. Who knows at this point…

You have renewed my hope, if only slightly.

EDIT: And I know NO is fuging grimy and always finds ways to slither around the cap, but I just don't know how they can do it if that is true, PLUS sign Armstead and Fuller.  We can do that.

I'm beginning to question the credibility of all of these reporters saying NO is favored if the NFL's own Sirius station knows NO can't actually do the deal.  Than why are they reporting they are frontrunners if they can't complete the trade other than to just try to make us bid against ourselves...

And also, if that is true, we should probably pull back on some of the assets we're offering, considering it would realistically only be us and the Browns who could pull the trade off.  fug the Aints.  fug the Texans.  And fug the NFL and their national media hacks.

• Flames 1