• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Updated Cap Estimate -- What's Next**

SetfreexX

So far as I can tell Spotrac is yet to be updated as we still show the following:

Cap Space (w/All) $21,852,673
Cap Space (w/Top 51)

$28,437,673

Robbie's restructure freed up roughly -- 5.8M

Math leads us to an estimate of (and I'm rounding down here) -- 28.4M + 5.8M = (34.2M w/ Top 51 -- 27M'ish w/ All)

Either way that is a considerable amount of cap to work with, outside of QB immediate areas of need would seem to be:

Edge

IOL

IDL 

CB

I could see good money being invested at the IOL positions as I believe we are looking at Brady as a viable young LT, I'm not against adding a proven ''quality'' veteran at LT either; I just think it's a little lower on the list versus the interior. If we plan to have a true power / more vertical run game IOL is where we need to see improvement.  

Available FA's: Bozeman / Tretter -- I like both of these options as to me Elflein is a fringe starter at G, and is slightly better at C where he is currently forecast. I like the idea of upgrading C, and giving Deonte Brown a look at LG where he spent a good amount of his time at ALA. 

There's not a lot behind Brian Burns on the edge, YGM, and Haynes have flashed, and have shown potential, though having a veteran as a part of the rotation I think could do us some good. There are some veterans out there who could probably get you 5-9 sacks, add that to the YGM, and Haynes rotation and you can replace Reddick's production while creating valuable depth to get through 17 games. 

Available FA's: Clowney / Ingram / Hughes / Houston / Carter -- these are all middle tier veterans that shouldn't have to high of price tags, but should be able to pair well opposite Burns, they can all play in a 2, or 3 point stance considering we have a more hybrid front versus a traditional 4-3 or 3-4

The interior DL could also use a veteran presence - Brown / Roy / Nixon / Hoskins, are all 3 years or less NFL experience, we could use a 3T to pair on the inside with Brown for more push on pass downs and maybe that's Nixon, but I think we could use an upgrade behind Brown. 

Available FA's: Ioannidis / Hicks / Richardson -- Ioannidis is probably my preference over anyone else in this group, considering his experience in multiple fronts, it would forecast to be a good fit, and a premium upgrade over Fox. Hicks, and Richardson would be nice supplemental options. 

The cornerback room to me even with the loss of Gilmore, and Jackson is still in really good shape. Horn has the potential to become a top tier corner in this league, and Henderson is as athletic as they come but also has the size (6'1'') to play big WR's as well. Taylor, Pride off the ACL in PS, Hartsfield, and STO are all nice depth, but just like the other positions could stand to add a veteran presence. This group combined with the return of Steve Wilks has me honestly excited to see what they can become. 

Available FA's: Jackson / King -- I think it makes sense for us to bring DJ back, his stature will likely limit his market, and with our available space we could make it work. King is coming off injury, and has the size / athleticism this staff covets. After these two I'm not overly impressed with the available FA's and Gilmore seems as good as gone. 

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Toomers said:

They also haven’t figured in Gonzalez, Woods, Haynes, Foreman. 

So this may be more exact, I found this after my post; none the less, we have a good amount of cap to address needs, considerably more than last off-season with a lot of talent still out there. 

3 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

So this may be more exact, I found this after my post; none the less, we have a good amount of cap to address needs, considerably more than last off-season with a lot of talent still out there. 

It may be. Just that Sportrac doesn’t show their terms and they are just listed at the bottom as blank for the moment. 

13 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

interesting

Dam we might move Chinn to Lb if we do sign another safety we’d all be happy. It’s like Rhule might stop trying to outsmart everyone else and go with what has been shown to work.

Edited by trucpfan

2 hours ago, trucpfan said:

Dam we might move Chinn to Lb if we do sign another safety we’d all be happy. It’s like Rhule might stop trying to outsmart everyone else and go with what has been shown to work.

Last year really humbled Matt I think, got rid of a lot of his baylor/temple scrubs on the coaching staff. Not on the roster tho unfortunately.

In a list from most importance to least important.

LT/LG, QB, C, SS, CB, and DE.

Ideally we re-sign Gilmore and then add Bozeman and another safety in free agency.

Address the left tackle/left guard position in round one of the draft. If we trade down and draft a guard then Christensen can play LT. If we select a LT then Christensen play LG.

Then spend the rest of the draft throwing darts at linemen and defensive ends.

The only position I have no idea how they should address is QB.