• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Defense Taking Shape**

SetfreexX

With the ''trade'' business out of the way the focus has shifted back to FA, as we round up some of the moves / current roster, we are starting to look like we're in better shape than last year with the exclusion of a proven edge rusher opposite Burns.

The plan could be to see YGM's role increase with Haynes being rotational as he has been, though I'd still like to see a veteran addition.

___________________________________________________________________________________

EDGE - Burns / Haynes -- We need to add depth here vet FA's availabe -- Clowney / Ingram / Hughes

DL - Brown / Ioannidis / YGM -- I like our depth here with Roy / Nixon / Haskins -- the three referenced above can pay the Nickel / 4-3 DE positions opposite Burns

ILB - Shaq / Luvu / Wilson / Chinn on passing downs, and in some base sets -- depth is still a bit of concern here, but off ball LB'er is general cheap in relation to depth

CB - Horn / Henderson / Taylor -- I could see us adding Jackson back, he's a niche corner and had that role here as the move piece to match the smaller quicker WRs

S - Chinn / Woods / Tre' Boston's mystery FA -- Hartsfield / Robinson are nice depth -- I honestly wonder if Chandler and Franklin make the roster this year

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

I don’t think I want Jackson back. I’d prefer a vet for depth/leadership. We traded a 3rd for Henderson and I want to see what he can do with Wilks as his coach. I’m liking the DL with Burns, Ioan, Brown, and YGM. We should be better at stopping the run and hopefully YGM develops into a solid player.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, stirs said:

So are we playing the 43, 34, 52, 433, defense again?

2-4-5 was our primary defense last year (55%) ... Every team runs a type of nickel more than anything else in  this day and age. With Chinn playing full time Joker/Monster (assumption) that will most likely lean us into a big nickel. 

• Pie 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

I don’t think I want Jackson back. I’d prefer a vet for depth/leadership. We traded a 3rd for Henderson and I want to see what he can do with Wilks as his coach. I’m liking the DL with Burns, Ioan, Brown, and YGM. We should be better at stopping the run and hopefully YGM develops into a solid player.

I think we are chasing Gilmore