• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers signing bozeman

w280sax

I’m sort of shocked at the One year deal from either side. I thought he was a little overvalued in what he would get but he’s still a solid OL. Just seems strange that the team wouldn’t want him on at least two years for cap reasons. And guys don’t usually take “prove it” deals this early. He’s good and this is before knowing how much he even got. Just not a typical situation this early in FA. It would be hard for it to be an amount that makes it a bad risk in any way. And at 27, one would think the Panthers would want him tied up if he works out. 

3 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I’m sort of shocked at the One year deal from either side. I thought he was a little overvalued in what he would get but he’s still a solid OL. Just seems strange that the team wouldn’t want him on at least two years for cap reasons. And guys don’t usually take “prove it” deals this early. He’s good and this is before knowing how much he even got. Just not a typical situation this early in FA. It would be hard for it to be an amount that makes it a bad risk in any way. And at 27, one would think the Panthers would want him tied up if he works out. 

Panthers need one year guys/ANY OLMEN, it maybe a agent deal. Take how you can get them, Id like more years as well. 

Edited by Basbear

1 hour ago, L-TownCat said:

1 more Guard spot to fill. 

Have feeling based on Bozeman’s size and resume that he might fill in at LG. That’s we’re he played 2 years prior to C last year. At least he has the flexibility to play both at a high level and we know how much Rhule loves flexibility.  

Edited by Prowler2k18

1 minute ago, Prowler2k18 said:

Have feeling based on Bozeman’s size and resume that he might fill in at LG. That’s we’re he played 2 years prior to C last year. At least he has the flexibility to play both at a high level and we know how much Rhule loves flexibility.  

Looks like we’re in the LT market.  FA/BC/Boze/AC/Moton

• Beer 1

Just now, Basbear said:

Panthers need one year guys, it maybe a agent deal. Take how you can get them, Id like more years as well. 

But he didn’t seem to fit that mold. And you would think he would have as well. Just early for prove it deals for a player I assume would have some options still. 

30 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

I’m busting out the shirt. fug yeah! Let’s do this! Mean nasty mother fugers ready to throw their guys 3 yards back on every god damn play. 

image.jpg

Can you imagine these guys paired with rookie Trevor Benning @ LT? We’d have the nastiest and most hated OL in the league LOL!!!

• The D 1

2 minutes ago, Toomers said:

But he didn’t seem to fit that mold. And you would think he would have as well. Just early for prove it deals for a player I assume would have some options still. 

I agree hes young(for FA terms) and played well by all accounts. I dont know what the deal is. Maybe the agent asked for too much and the teams with interest went else where. Thus you take a one year prove it deal form a team that promises to play you. 

I do know agents are focused on 3 years deals this time. They believe the gambling money/tv will greatly increase by then, so most are only doing 3 years. 

3 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

Can you imagine these guys paired with rookie Trevor Benning @ LT? We’d have the nastiest and most hated OL in the league LOL!!!

Not a bad idea....I warmed up to him after laughing about picking at 6......he torn though people at the senior bowl, just he did during his team weak comp. I can see why some have him rated high and even above cross. 

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Not a bad idea....I warmed up to him after laughing about picking at 6......he torn though people at the senior bowl, just he did during his team weak comp. I can see why some have him rated high and even above cross. 

I’ve wanted a nasty line that borders on being dirty.  Mean, ugly bastards that just want to inflict pain.

Instead we got the Kalils and some other gentle giants.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

I agree hes young(for FA terms) and played well by all accounts. I dont know what the deal is. Maybe the agent asked for too much and the teams with interest went else where. Thus you take a one year prove it deal form a team that promises to play you. 

I do know agents are focused on 3 years deals this time. They believe the gambling money/tv will greatly increase by then, so most are only doing 3 years. 

I agree it had to be his decision. The Panthers had to want the extra years for multiple reasons. Just guessing it’s in the 6M range which is still a great deal for the team. Heck 3/24M with 10M guaranteed would have been good. Like you said, take the gift. 

1 hour ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

LT Brady Christensen
LG Pat Elflein
C Bradley Bozeman
RG Austin Corbett
RT Taylor Moton

Nope. You can't play Elflein at G, he's not big enough.

I see this as him being relegated to a swing backup. Draft a LT at #6 and call it a day. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

I’ve wanted a nasty line that borders on being dirty.  Mean, ugly bastards that just want to inflict pain.

Instead we got the Kalils and some other gentle giants.

Me too x100. Play til the whistles echo and demoralized the DL.