• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Opinions: Panthers will finish 2nd

Jmac

Regardless of where the Panthers place, I can only see them winning 6-7 games next year. Schedule is tough, we are not beating the Buc's and would be lucky to split with the Saints and Falcons. Thats 2-4 right there, not to mention we still have to play the Broncos, Rams, Ravens, 49ers, Browns, Bengals, 49ers and Cardinals.

But, Rhule will be for sure fired. So yay

The Buccaneers should win the division, but after that it’s a toss up who finishes second. An argument could be made for any of the teams…

Saints are still a team with good players and with Winston they were on track to make the play offs; however, no Payton this season, so will his replacement do as well? I’m not sure.

Falcons would be heavily reliant upon Matt Ryan having a big year and their defense coming together. Problem is, outside of Kyle Pitts, who is left for Ryan to throw to? No one really.

When it comes to us we’ve got our own downside, well, two major ones. First, no clear cut starting quarterback. Second, our lacklustre head coach. We can’t do anything about the latter right now, but if we can fix the quarterback spot then a second place finish is possible. 

It’s still bucs in the drivers seat but 2nd, 3rd, and 4th are really up in the air. Saints have talent but it’s aging and Sean Payton-less now. The second time we played it was closer than people really give credit for.

Falcons roster really is in rough shape and if Arthur Smith wins 7-9 games next year dude is legit once the talent gets better.

On 3/19/2022 at 11:16 AM, DaveThePanther2008 said:

IMO if we could get Minshew with the current talent on this roster.  We could compete.  If Rhule lets our OC run the offense we could make some noise.  

TB ran with a ton of veterans on a "last ride" mentality.  I'm not sure all those aging vets are going to age with Brady.   They'll be tough because Brady is there but the tooth is getting long in TB. 

N.O. is going to be a huge question mark.   As much as I hate to say it. Payton was an offensive genius and he's gone.  It is not a forgone conclusion that his replacement is going to be as good as he was regardless of the talent that remains.   Everyone knows Winston is good for 2 or 3 loses a year. 

Payton lost his MoJo when Brees retired. He knew it and moved on. We can all hope the experience on the Panthers coaching staff this year will make a difference. 

Edited by Stuart Smith

1 minute ago, Stuart Smith said:

Payton lost his MoJo when Brees retired.

I'm not buying that.  Payton was very good at what he did.  Though I hated the SOB he was a good head coach and barely missed the playoffs with erratic QB play after Winston went down.

I don't think his replacement is going to be anywhere near as good. 

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I'm not buying that.  Payton was very good at what he did.  Though I hated the SOB he was a good head coach and barely missed the playoffs with erratic QB play after Winston went down.

I don't think his replacement is going to be anywhere near as good. 

Just now, Stuart Smith said:
3 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

I did not say he was not a good coach. He realized that without Brees it would be more of a challenge. For someone who had contemplated a change anyway that was the deciding factor most believe. Being suspended a year by the NFL for trying to cover up bountygate should always place an asterisk by his name in any NFL records. Only coach ever suspended by the NFL.