• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Draft

Many are speculating on who would be available for us at #6.

I went through each team above us and saw what their needs were.

Jacksonville is going to take one of the OT.  They have to protect Lawrence. Which one, anyone's guess.

Detroit has QB listed but this is way to high for any QB.  Hutchinson is probably their target and too good to pass up. 

Houston also need a QB but like Detroit way too high.  Probably use the Cleveland pick for a QB.  Names like Hutchinson/Thibodeaux/Hamilton/Stingley for the defense or an OT

New York Jets mention a terrible defense and Stingley as their #1 target or possibly Cross

New York Giants Linderbaum, Karlaftis (Edge Purdue), Devin Lloyd LB, 

Three of these 5 mention OT.  That would pretty much wipe out the cream of the crop on OT.   

What your opinion?

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think it is way too soon to be making assumptions about what those teams are gonna do with their picks.

I don't think some of them are sure what direction they are going in.

You never know when the draft gets here but like I said I went to each teams needs and went from there.

I think it will be fairly close.  The only thing I couldn't nail down was any exact name especially OT. 

• Pie 1

DE Hutchinson will be gone by pick 2.

OT Neal will be gone by pick 5

That is about all I feel confident about.  I think it is possible that someone reaches for Jordan Davis.  Hamilton, Stingley, Ekwonu are probable players that go top 5. 

So for us, it is either trade back, take Cross or a pass rusher, or draft a QB.

• Pie 4

I Have:
1.  Jags--Neal OT

2. Lions--Hutchinson DE

3.  Texans--Hamilton S  (This one is bothering me, fwiw.  could be DT Davis or DE Thibodeaux--they play in a division with strong running games, so Davis could be the call)

4. Jets--Stingley CB

5. Giants--Ekwonu OT

Edited by MHS831

10 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

You never know when the draft gets here but like I said I went to each teams needs and went from there.

I think it will be fairly close.  The only thing I couldn't nail down was any exact name especially OT. 

Yeah bit you are interjecting your opinion on what they will do rather than what they might do. I don't think you can pin at least 3-4 of those teams to even a specific position at this point.

2 hours ago, Admiral Ackbar said:

I think regardless of who takes who, both Neal and Ekwonu will be gone at 6. 

I agree with this. I think it’s safe to assume Neal, Ekwonu, and Hutch will all be gone by #6. Not saying they’ll be top 3, but somewhere top 5. I could see any of the other prospects falling to us in some scenario for now. 

Without trading back, I would be happy with any of Neal, Ekwonu, Cross, Hamilton, Hutch, or Thib. We’re guaranteed to have one of them available. Anyone else and I hope we’ve traded down and acquired more picks. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Many are speculating on who would be available for us at #6.

I went through each team above us and saw what their needs were.

Jacksonville is going to take one of the OT.  They have to protect Lawrence. Which one, anyone's guess.

Detroit has QB listed but this is way to high for any QB.  Hutchinson is probably their target and too good to pass up. 

Houston also need a QB but like Detroit way too high.  Probably use the Cleveland pick for a QB.  Names like Hutchinson/Thibodeaux/Hamilton/Stingley for the defense or an OT

New York Jets mention a terrible defense and Stingley as their #1 target or possibly Cross

New York Giants Linderbaum, Karlaftis (Edge Purdue), Devin Lloyd LB, 

Three of these 5 mention OT.  That would pretty much wipe out the cream of the crop on OT.   

What your opinion?

Jax franchised their LT and will go Hutchinson.  I think we go QB almost certainly.  Jets go Sauce IMO.  I think Cross will be there but we are going QB and IMO that will be Kenny Pickett 

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I think things are trending in the direction of someone wanting to trade up 5-10 spots. The Eagles I could see coming up for a top ten guy, the draft gets pretty even from then til late 2nd round. They got Hurts and Minshew so they're going to value these top lineman on both sides of the ball as well as the Wr's/CB's, they don't need a Linderbaum or whoever is going to be around at 15

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Jax franchised their LT and will go Hutchinson.  I think we go QB almost certainly.  Jets go Sauce IMO.  I think Cross will be there but we are going QB and IMO that will be Kenny Pickett 

Cross is decent but he doesn't fit in with the FA moves we're making on O-line to have a mauler run game. If Ikey is still there that's hard to pass up, they probably hope to trade back a few spots to grab a 2nd to get a QB and another impact player

• Pie 2