• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Home stretch ain't gon be easy..

bLACKpANTHER

We have 10 games left in the regular season and 6/10 are against Top 6 seed playoff teams with a lil mini road trip sprinkled in. We are playing some good ball right now and I have that we can weather the storm down the stretch and in worst case: play .500 basketball..

NYK - below .500 team trying to save face - don't sleep on em
UTH - Gobert will not let us get anything easy at the rim - shots gotta be falling
@BRK - playing outta their minds right now - hang in til 4th & hope someone on our side gets hot
DEN - hopefully Murray is still knocking off the rust and we can compete

@NYK - 1st game of a tough mini road trip - cant get caught looking forward to the next 2 games
@PHI - they might be trying to drop in the seeds at this point to miss playing BRK - could get a W
@MIA - our nemisis.. hope Caleb has been playing spy the entire time & puts Exlax in their pregame meal

ORL - gotta get this W
@CHI - kind of floundering recently but still one of the best in a crowded East
WAS - gotta close out with a win

• Pie 1

My only hope/goal for this season at this point is to finish above .500 and make the playoffs, I think avoiding .500 or worse would be a huge step in the right direction even if it's just 42-40. Then to win the play-in games and get in the playoffs. Atlanta and likely Toronto are opponents we should be able to beat even if it's on the road. If we can get a top 8 seed going in great then we get a few chances. But that seems unlikely at this point so will need 2 win two "playoff games" against relatively poorer competition.

As long as we make it in the real playoffs I'll be thrilled with this season all things considered, even if we get swept (I doubt we don't win at least a game against anyone with LaMelo, but still). Gotta instill some confidence in this team and a winning culture to carry going forward. Anything less than a winning record and playoff appearance will be a disappointment to me, given how promising last season was and how we should be much better than last year overall (young players developing, other additions).

I was really hoping for a .500 season. Even if we make the actual play offs, does anyone really expect a series win? Just being realistic here. I root for the Hornets and want them to do well. But, we don't have the horses to make any noise in the NBAA Play Offs. It's been proven that you need stars and super stars to win in this league and we don't have any. We're wasting the young talent from the last two drafts on over priced role players. I'm not feeling the direction that we're headed. We should be heading to a space where Melo is attracting stars and maybe superstars here. Not pity patting around .500 every year fighting for play-in opportunities. We have a generational talent here, let's not waste him like we did Cam Newton.

On 3/23/2022 at 11:36 PM, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Looks like we'll be playing each other in the Play-In. Thank god for Brooklyn they are finally lifting the damn Covid private company crap tomorrow and now Kyrie can play at home.

Now you're a Nets fan? Didn't you move to NY from North Carolina?

So we’re a half game out of 8th…

Hornets remaining schedule - 

@ BKN - This needs to be a win to have any shot at 8th (39-36)

vs. DEN - The Nuggets are sinking a little bit but I don’t think we can handle Jokic (39-37)

@ NYK - We owe them one, this needs to be a win (40-37)

@ PHI - Embiid probably cooks us… (40-38)

@ MIA - Miami isn’t playing great but they probably beat us at home (40-39)

vs. ORL - Has to be a win (41-39)

@ CHI - Chicago is playing the worst out of all the potential playoff teams right now, we need to steal this game (42-39)

vs. WSH - Has to be a win (43-39)

Doing the same thing with Brookyln

@ Miami (38-36)

vs. CHA (38-37)

vs. DET (39-37)

vs. MIL (39-38)

@ ATL (40-38)

vs. HOU (41-38)

@ NYK (42-38)

vs. CLE (42-39)

vs. IND (43-39)

In this scenario, the Hornets would have the tiebreaker over the Nets and would get the 8th seed meaning they’d have two opportunities to advance to the playoffs.

• Pie 1