• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Love is in the air.....

Zod

6 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Go back and look at his stats from the previous 4yrs. You won't feel the same. He struggled to score 13TDs before all of a sudden a good year.  Actually before this season the last 4 he could be described as a guy who was ok in college and not NFL material. 

Body of work is very questionable and so is a five year tenure to be considered draft eligible. Smells all kinds of wrong. So enjoy this season he looks good one has to seriously ask the question, is this a sustainable level of play for this QB? The history isn't good.

Tape is just the half. It's what a guy has done on the field and if this was truly a top prospect it wouldn't have taken five years in the oven.

Which is why I think he is gonna be Blaine Gabbert.

• Beer 3

10 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Go back and look at his stats from the previous 4yrs. You won't feel the same. He struggled to score 13TDs before all of a sudden a good year.  Actually before this season the last 4 he could be described as a guy who was ok in college and not NFL material. 

Body of work is very questionable and so is a five year tenure to be considered draft eligible. Smells all kinds of wrong. So enjoy this season he looks good one has to seriously ask the question, is this a sustainable level of play for this QB? The history isn't good.

Tape is just the half. It's what a guy has done on the field and if this was truly a top prospect it wouldn't have taken five years in the oven.

You could say the same about Burrow, if we had the chance to draft him and didnt because he had "one good year" that would have been a massive mistake.

Im not saying Pickett is going to be the same, but QBs coming out of college are extremely hard to judge. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Which is why I think he is gonna be Blaine Gabbert.

Exactly the media hyped up Blaine Gabbert to be a superior player to Cam Newton, that's all kinds of stupid.

People like to convince themselves of otherwise when the truth has always been in their face.

Zach Wilson was last year's example. The Jets backup QB could take his job. The hype is behind Pickett like it was for Gabbert and Wilson. 

Pickett is a slow motion NFL crash in progress. I hope we're not the audience.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

You could say the same about Burrow, if we had the chance to draft him and didnt because he had "one good year" that would have been a massive mistake.

Im not saying Pickett is going to be the same, but QBs coming out of college are extremely hard to judge. 

Joe Burrow was an elite prospect 6'4" big arm. Pickett couldn't have gone to LSU or Alabama. So right there...yeah

9 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

That's fair.   I've really only glanced at 2021 tape after the media started talking about him as QB1 and nothing before then.  And keep in mind I was responding to someone asking if his ceiling is Teddy Bridgewater.  I don't think that's the best comp, he's more willing with the deep ball.  He has more of a Derek Carr like ceiling in my mind, but that absolutely does not mean he'll reach his ceiling.  Most prospects don't, and I see no reason why Pickett would be any different.  

I'm not a huge fan of Pickett but wouldn't be upset if he was the choice.  I learned my lesson that I know nothing about talent evaluation after I was cursing the front office for drafting CMC.  If we do draft a QB this year, I'd prefer Malik Willis.  

• Beer 1

Just now, rippadonn said:

Joe Burrow was an elite prospect 6'4" big arm. Pickett couldn't have gone to LSU or Alabama. So right there...yeah

Im talking about the numbers, not the prospect. 

Burrow had one good year, Pickett had one good year. 

Pickett is 6'3", is that inch that big of a deal? I agree Burrow has the bigger arm. 

• Pie 1

Joe Burrow has small hands and only 1 good year of college production.  So any comparisons should start there, not some QB with nothing in common.

The logic:  Pickett has small hands and one good year of production: he must be....Joey Harrington.  Discuss.

• Pie 1

Just now, MHS831 said:

Joe Burrow has small hands and only 1 good year of college production.  So any comparisons should start there, not some QB with nothing in common.

The logic:  Pickett has small hands and one good year of production: he must be....Joey Harrington.  Discuss.

I just said this, like 5 posts up.

• Pie 1

Just now, PootieNunu said:

Im talking about the numbers, not the prospect. 

Burrow had one good year, Pickett had one good year. 

Pickett is 6'3", is that inch that big of a deal? I agree Burrow has the bigger arm. 

Elite prospects are totally different animals than the borderline NFL journeyman or drop out types. Start there. There is a reason an elite prospect who can go to any big program and play is superior.

Look at Cam, like Burrow he had his choices. Why? Elite.

Pickett is not in the same category although he's being put on a pedestal for stupid teams like the Jets to draft.

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

Honestly is Pickett’s ceiling any higher than Teddy Bridgewater?

Uhhhhh yes?  Have you watched any tape on Pickett at all?  Dude had 4300 yards, 42 TDs and 7 picks last season.  In a good conference in the ACC.  Personally I think hes got a very high ceiling.  Hes got a pretty damn good arm, is very mobile in the pocket and scrambling, throws with good accuracy and anticipation.  Has a really good deep ball.  Hes definitely been growing on me the more I watch him.

Just now, joemac said:

Uhhhhh yes?  Have you watched any tape on Pickett at all?  Dude had 4300 yards, 42 TDs and 7 picks last season.  In a good conference in the ACC.  Personally I think hes got a very high ceiling.  Hes got a pretty damn good arm, is very mobile in the pocket and scrambling, throws with good accuracy and anticipation.  Has a really good deep ball.  Hes definitely been growing on me the more I watch him.

maybe I should rephrase. is Kenny Picket's ceiling any higher than Teddy Bridgewater's coming out of college? 

go watch Teddy's college highlights and tell me they aren't extremely similar prospects. https://withthefirstpick.com/2022/01/21/nfl-draft-scouting-report-pittsburgh-qb-kenny-pickett/