• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Penning

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, PanthersGTI said:

Could this guy be in play at #6 or is that a stretch given the talent this year ( legit question )? I like what I'm hearing. A mean streak on the O-Line would be breath of fresh air. 

I've seen him mocked to us at 6.

Don't know if that's realistic or not.

1 minute ago, theinstrumental said:

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the FO have him above Cross due to his physicality and Cross's lack of run blocking tape. I think the "if you run 28 times a game then you win" thing is pretty dumb but if you're a big believer, I can see how you'd talk yourself into this guy. 

Rhule wants a run heavy offense.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I'm wondering it this is true, or just what he says?

That said, ball control and good defense should be the name of the game this season if he's trying to keep his job.

Or protect a rookie QB. 

My theory lately is they are going to try to replicate Mac Jones success last year. Running game, defense, and have your QB do just enough while he adapts to the NFL.

3 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Or protect a rookie QB. 

My theory lately is they are going to try to replicate Mac Jones success last year. Running game, defense, and have your QB do just enough while he adapts to the NFL.

Unfortunately, that should have been the plan from day 1....instead he brings in a college passing game consultant who had never called plays.

I mean, what he said/says...and what we saw him do for 2 years...was and still is confusing.

Rhule can't seriously think that he can keep his job with a rookie QB back there...but I've seen dumber things happen...hell...he's still here.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, theinstrumental said:

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the FO have him above Cross due to his physicality and Cross's lack of run blocking tape. I think the "if you run 28 times a game then you win" thing is pretty dumb but if you're a big believer, I can see how you'd talk yourself into this guy. 

The Cross has no run blocking tape is lazy and stupid. He started his Freshman year in a pro style offense and showed a mean streak. Just because his last two years were in an Air Raid offense doesn't mean the tape isn't there. He is the best pure LT in this draft, period. No one is better in pass protection and he is as good as the rest in run blocking. Several others who will get drafted as LT will end up as RT or G due to lack of lateral quickness for NFL pass rushers. That's a waste for top 10 picks. Cross is a prototypical LT and will start there for some team for the next decade. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, bobcat91 said:

The Cross has no run blocking tape is lazy and stupid. He started his Freshman year in a pro style offense and showed a mean streak. Just because his last two years were in an Air Raid offense doesn't mean the tape isn't there. He is the best pure LT in this draft, period. No one is better in pass protection and he is as good as the rest in run blocking. Several others who will get drafted as LT will end up as RT or G due to lack of lateral quickness for NFL pass rushers. That's a waste for top 10 picks. Cross is a prototypical LT and will start there for some team for the next decade. 

I completely agree with you. I can only hope that the FO gets it right.