• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just throwing this out there..

WOW!!

2 minutes ago, Growl said:

Top 10? That’s not exactly an impressive bar out of 22.

LTs are not “just” a step down from QB. They are not in the same universe of significance, and the opportunity to take one vastly outweighs the potential benefits of a “top 10” position elsewhere.

Jordan Love is just the desperate whimper of a team in QB purgatory cycling through all the low effort options they rationalize themselves into taking under the exact thought process you’re using, setting season after season on fire until they come to a hard truth: you almost certainly aren’t going to find an actual Dude at the position until you’re willing to swallow it and make a big commitment. You have to pay to play.

getting cute at the QB position virtually never works.

That's exactly what you want to do...

You want to over draft a lower rated prospect based on desperation and positional value..

How is that not getting cute with the QB position??

Do you think the saying "take a big swing" means you're making the most sensible move??

5 minutes ago, Growl said:

your entire line of thinking centers around making a low effort committment to the QB position so that you’re “free” to “build the roster” elsewhere. What do you think is the inevitable byproduct of getting 21 great players together on a team without a QB?

Low effort commitment based on the available options and the situation on the ground..

I'm looking at the better play based on professionals opinions ..

You're looking at big swings based on desperation and gut feeling..

Which is better??

5 minutes ago, mwright350 said:

I feel like this has been said 100 times in the last few days on QB threads but the worst that can happen is not that they suck. The worst that can happen the guy you bring in is *just* good enough to keep you from being in position to draft a (likely) better QB next year.

Sucking is the *best* possible outcome given the QB you're talking about, not the worst.  Same reason I don't want any part of Jimmy G.

Yeah that is the worst..

Or none of these QB beat out Darnold in TC so you don't get to see enough of the young QB to make a decision in next year class..

This team needs to leave the QB position alone for this year. You've screwed it up enough. Stop throwing draft capital at the position and focus on the rest of the team. Step away from the QB high lights already. You don't have that many picks in the top 100 of this year's draft as it is. I wasn't a fan of trading back, but now I am. Trade back, get more picks and focus on your OL. Focus. 

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

That's exactly what you want to do...

You want to over draft a lower rated prospect based on desperation and positional value..

How is that not getting cute with the QB position??

Do you think the saying "take a big swing" means you're making the most sensible move??

again, your position is completely unquantifiable, rooted in your own subjective opinion, contrary to what’s obviously playing before your eyes as these guys shoot up draft boards, the analytical reality of the rate in which the guys at this position adapt to the pro game, no knowledge of where they will be drafted, nor any idea how they will play (all on shaky terrain to begin with given your earlier depiction of trey Lance as a plug and play prospect)

Yes: Top 10 QBs hit at a better rate than any cutesy attempt to acquire some “upside” guy or a “really capable veteran” through some late round trade. 

You’re completely obsessed with using a pick on a LT for the sake of doing it and your only motive is to find a way to preserve that pick at all costs, so any desperate gambit for any warm body who technically qualifies as a QB will suffice.

7 minutes ago, Growl said:

again, your position is completely unquantifiable, rooted in your own subjective opinion, contrary to what’s obviously playing before your eyes as these guys shoot up draft boards, the analytical reality of the rate in which the guys at this position adapt to the pro game, no knowledge of where they will be drafted, nor any idea how they will play (all on shaky terrain to begin with given your earlier depiction of trey Lance as a plug and play prospect)

Yes: Top 10 QBs hit at a better rate than any cutesy attempt to acquire some “upside” guy or a “really capable veteran” through some late round trade. 

You’re completely obsessed with using a pick on a LT for the sake of doing it and your only motive is to find a way to preserve that pick at all costs, so any desperate gambit for any warm body who technically qualifies as a QB will suffice.

I don’t think you can just have a warm body but I do think you can win a lot of games with a capable QB and an elite OL. 

I don’t think that Dak or Jimmy are elite players. I think Dak is good. I think Jimmy is serviceable. But if you put those guys behind our line last year and they’re horrific. 

Dak has played behind the best OL in football since he came into the league. That’s a HUGE reason he’s good. I think Darnold is spent. I think the mental aspect just isn’t there for him and he’s had such horrific experiences behind horrific lines his entire career it’s unfortunately not salvageable. BUT…if we solved the OL problem and legitimately became a top 5 OL then I think there are a number of different QBs you put back there (including some rookies) that would allow us to compete. 

1 minute ago, Growl said:

Are you seriously sitting here and not seeing what actual analysis and scouts are saying??

You just choose to ignore the overall all message here..

General consensus....

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2022-nfl-draft-big-board-top-50-prospects-w0/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-50-2022-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-2-0

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/nfl-draft-prospects-2022-player-rankings-big-board/smvhiguv7ldoddglayxdpe15

Most scouts and analysts don't have a QB as a top 20 prospect..

If they are shooting up boards it's based on..

Desperation not the film and resume of that player...

If a player is being pushed up based on a scripted pro day in there underwaer (made to make them look good) then you fuged up as a football scout...

4 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Qb musical chair's is almost done.. And more and more it seems like 1 of those all world Tackles will drop in our hands.. We've finally started to building and putting resources into a Oline worth being proud of.. Is it worth not finishing that process for a shiny new QB on a hope and prayer they will play past their game tape or rankings as a prospect?? Or Just take the higher rated player at position almost just as important as QB..

And I still believe a QB rated high by Chris Simms in 2020 is available and can be had for low compensation.. Still has 3 years on a rookie deal and would be rated just as high as any QB innthis draft..

Would a package of Jordan Love/Neal or Ikowonun be more a plus then Pickett/Wills/Corral??

Again if the compensation for Love is a 4th or lower pick..

Jmo ..

Win win situation.. If Love sucks. Rhule is gone and We are in position to get a better Prospect at QB next year.. With a Oline ready to dominate...

Love is worse than any qb presently on our roster. 

13 minutes ago, frankw said:

Seems odd to have a boner for this guy but complain about this years QB class. Just draft a quarterback.

This guy was rated as the same prospect as the QB in this class and you don't have to spend a top 10 pick in him...

Yeah I know it's crazy to get a similar player for a lower price..

Edited by WOW!!

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

This guy was rated as the same prospect as the QB in this class and you don't have to spend a top 10 pick in him...

But he has already had several years in the NFL and can be had for much less? That shows he was overvalued and hasn’t reached his drafted potential. Otherwise he would have played good enough in preseason and his start for GB to move Rodgers or trade him for more than a 4th. It’s like trading for Willis after his has been in the league for 3 years and shown nothing that warrants spending a prime pick for…

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

I don’t think you can just have a warm body but I do think you can win a lot of games with a capable QB and an elite OL. 

I don’t think that Dak or Jimmy are elite players. I think Dak is good. I think Jimmy is serviceable. But if you put those guys behind our line last year and they’re horrific. 

Dak has played behind the best OL in football since he came into the league. That’s a HUGE reason he’s good. I think Darnold is spent. I think the mental aspect just isn’t there for him and he’s had such horrific experiences behind horrific lines his entire career it’s unfortunately not salvageable. BUT…if we solved the OL problem and legitimately became a top 5 OL then I think there are a number of different QBs you put back there (including some rookies) that would allow us to compete. 

you’re not going to legitimately push for Super Bowls with this method, you may catch lightning in a bottle and go on a run, likely falling short to a team with a super bowl caliber QB, you may prey on a weak division or just get lucky, but it almost always catches up to you-and even in the rare, rare scenario where it doesnt-it’s impossible to keep 22 guys together and playing at a high level, still evolving your approach and personnel as needed, and remaining dominant.

both the Titans and chiefs had great records last season. Only one of those teams has a ten year window.

Edited by Growl

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

But he has already had several years in the NFL and can be had for much less? That shows he was overvalued and hasn’t reached his drafted potential. Otherwise he would have played good enough in preseason and his start for GB to move Rodgers or trade him for more than a 4th. It’s like trading for Willis after his has been in the league for 3 years and shown nothing that warrants spending a prime pick for…

He's had 2 games of nfl film...  Hes been in the league 2 years.. We gave up more for Darnold after 3 years and 20+ games of film...

And again I only said a 4th or lower pick.. Some of you want to give up a 2nd for Baltimores backup... Or way more for Minshew..

Really??

• Pie 1