• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Giants open to trade

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

So next years qb class is way better, and you wanna take a chance on a qb this year when the potential for bust is much higher on these qbs in this class. Especially with the coaching and culture we currently have. Just take OL in draft and keep picks next for year. Leave these 2022 qbs alone. 

The Panthers don't think this year's class is inferior. And I believe they are set on taking a quarterback this year.

It's not what I want to do either, but it seems to be what they want.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

The Panthers don't think this year's class is inferior. And I believe they are set on taking a quarterback this year.

Maybe that’s what they want everyone to think? I don’t think Panthers are that smart but maybe just maybe!

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

If your old friend called you trying to buy your house for half of it's market value you'd probably be kinda pissed at him for trying to rip you off. Just saying.

I wouldn't expect anybody in their position to take the first offer, but I would expect them to negotiate.

Just now, BurnNChinn said:

Maybe that’s what they want everyone to think? I don’t think Panthers are that smart but maybe just maybe!

That's kind of what I'm hoping for but I don't expect it either.

Mind you, they effectively smokescreened interest in a quarterback last year, so it's at least possible.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I wouldn't expect anybody in their position to take the first offer, but I would expect them to negotiate.

Fug you offers tend to get no response or fug you counters.

If you offer me $200k for my $300k house I'm either going to simply ignore it or counter you at $400k.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Fug you offers tend to get no response or fug you counters.

If you offer me $200k for my $300k house I'm either going to simply ignore it or counter you at $400k.

I don't agree that this is that kind of offer.

Knowing how our front office works, I do expect them to at least call and talk to the Giants about this.

What kind of offer they'd make? Unknown.

46 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Know how I know you didn't read the report?

The Giants have multiple reasons for doing this, including financial considerations.

Plus I kind of doubt that Joe Schoen is gonna just hang up on an old friend like Dan Morgan and tell him to never call again.

I don't need to read the report, they may want to trade the picks fine. But not for such horrible value. Hey old pal, bend me over and fug me on this trade just because we're old friends! Come on Scot

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't agree that this is that kind of offer.

Knowing how our front office works, I do expect them to at least call and talk to the Giants about this.

What kind of offer they'd make? Unknown.

With #5 on the block I would expect us to call and inquire on that but I doubt we'd have the goal of coming away with #5 AND #7.

30 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Ahh understood. I keep thinking people are talking about what they want, not what they expect, to happen. 

24 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

With #5 on the block I would expect us to call and inquire on that but I doubt we'd have the goal of coming away with #5 AND #7.

When they go to negotiate, I'd expect them to offer the #7 before they'd offer the #5.

But again, that's negotiation.

Edited by Mr. Scot

The Giants know that if Detroit and Houston (both with serviceable QBs and other needs) pass on the QB, then it is likely WillisPickett will be there at #5.  They obviously feel (if they want a QB) they can get one with 5 or 7--or they could just roll with Jones and maybe take Howell in round 2--dunno.  But they know that a move up for a QB is more value than normal--so they are willing to listen.