• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers have the Worst odds to make the Playoffs in the NFC

ncfan

25 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

No way we’re not in top 7 teams even when a good qb I’m sorry

Did you watch the games? How many times was the defense balling out but the offense couldn't score so we eventually lost. That was damn near all of them.

If the defense is close to last year's, we've actually got more weapons on offense especially and oddly at the WR position a luxury Cam never had. DJ,Robby,Marshall,CMC,Hubbard, Thomas you add an NFL level QB and we've got a playoff team.

Add an above average QB and we could instantly challenge for the NFCS, so yes while your pessimism is noted your underestimation is in error. The Panthers, with the Oline additions etc. literally are an above average QB away from competing, as long as the new coordinators, QB aren't over-Rhuled.

Now if you're specifically calling out Rhules propensity to f' stuff up then maybe I can agree with that statement. The coach IS this teams biggest weakness. He's been that since the first off-season.

Edited by rippadonn

5 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Did you watch the games? How many times was the defense balling out but the offense couldn't score so we eventually lost. That was damn near all of them.

If the defense is close to last year's, we've actually got more weapons on offense especially and oddly at the WR position a luxury Cam never had. DJ,Robby,Marshall,CMC,Hubbard, Thomas you add an NFL level QB and we've got a playoff team.

Add an above average QB and we could instantly challenge for the NFCS, so yes while your pessimism is noted your underestimation is in error. The Panthers, with the Oline additions etc. literally are an above average QB away from competing, as long as the new coordinators, QB aren't over-Rhuled.

Now if you're specifically calling out Rhules propensity to f' stuff up then maybe I can agree with that statement. The coach IS this teams biggest weakness. He's been that since the first off-season.

I think the oline is getting better not great, but the defense got worse imo. Hey I could be wrong, and hope I am but we’ll see. Rams, TB, Packers, 49ers, Cowboys, Arizona, Eagles would be my top 7 and I could name three other teams better than us. I don’t think we’re even top 10. You really think we’re better than any of those 7 teams, I say no way even with a vet qb. Rookie qb definitely not 

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We had the #21 defense last year. Then we lost our sack leader and two of our top three CBs. We've added some mid to low tier FAs. The result is going to be a top 5 D?

shocked-stunned.gif

And let's not forget, Panthers have the worst HC not fired after the 2021 season.  

WE CAN FINALLY BREATH NOW, Matt Rhule is now only 1-6 against coaches that have been fired this week… which means that he has a better record against fired coaches than he does his last 7 games of the season (0-7)

Anyone still wondering why the Panthers are voted "least likely to succeed in 2022 hasn't been paying attention.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

No way we’re not in top 7 teams even when a good qb I’m sorry

The only chance we really have to get in the playoffs is for the rest of the NFCS to suck worse than we do. That's a possibility with the falcons and saints. Tampa.... Only if Brady's age catches up with him. 

We'll be set up better than last year, but the biggest thing is coaching. We're set up better than last year, but the guy at the top is the weak link. He just happens to be the most important link.

Depending on who we get at QB, we'll stumble into a better record. Playoffs might happen, but it would be a fluke.

Our defense looked good until we faced heavy run teams. We got abused. We got found out and then trans started capitalizing on them at weakness. We were built to fight the pass at the expense, apparently, of the run game. Looks like we're trying to fix that, but I'm afraid we'll be still be out coached and the offense will still make the defense work to hard. This defense needs an offense more than Rhule realized. It needs NFL experienced coaching more than Tepper realized. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

Our defense looked good until we faced heavy run teams. We got abused. We got found out and then trans started capitalizing on them at weakness. We were built to fight the pass at the expense, apparently, of the run game. Looks like we're trying to fix that, but I'm afraid we'll be still be out coached and the offense will still make the defense work to hard. This defense needs an offense more than Rhule realized. It needs NFL experienced coaching more than Tepper realized. 

Yeah this is true too. We definitely need better containment at the point of attack. Hopefully burns will improve in that aspect. 

And yeah, rhule has to go. He could win us the super bowl, and I'd be like.. Gotta go