• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer best draft day trader per PFF

top dawg

If they are going to trade back in the first, I don't want them going below about picks 13-15.  On the chart, #13 is the magic number where the first and second round pick (roughly 45) equal #6.  Unfortunately, I only see three teams with picks near those combinations: Minnesota (#12 and 46), Baltimore (#14 and 45), and Washington (#11 and 47).

Falling below those first round picks drops us too far, IMO, to have any certainty from our first round pick in a position of need.  And, if there is a run on the top LT prospects in the first 5 picks, do not move, do not pass go, do not collect $200, go directly to the podium.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

I am not sure this is the thread, but since trade down was mentioned, I am entitled.  I am going to unfold several layers here---so stay with me:

Based on circumstantial (perhaps meaningless) information garnered by watching the Fitterer Presserer, Fitterer mentioned that the Panthers tried to take Corral out to eat in Mississippi.  He did not mention Pickett, and we know the Steelers took Willis out to dinner; he did not mention Willis either.  We also know that Chris Simms rated Corral as his #1 QB, so it is possible that some experts like him.  Since Corral was injured in his bowl game and did not participate in the combine, he is way under the radar.  If the fact that the Panthers inquired about going out to dinner with Corral, is that to suggest that someone who picks before #6 also asked him? Ok, then does it suggest that our interest in Corral goes deeper than a "passing fancy" (that pun was awesome).  I think the desire to take him to dinner suggests a serious look, and then I bring in the fact that the Panthers feel that there is (at least one) guy in the draft at QB that "checks all the boxes."

Is that guy Corral?  If so, does that mean they think they can trade back five spots or so and add a second rounder--and still grab their QB?  Is that what Fitterer, the draft day trade guru, is hoping to do? 

Hmmm.  If Willis goes off the board by the time the Panthers pick, that would leave 2 QBs Pickett and Corral there at #6 (it is possible all three are there, making the trade back more lucrative), could we trade back and still get our QB?  

Discuss.

Well this does make sense.  Corral will be passed over by a couple of teams because of his injury.  We struck gold once when teams passed over a player for an injury (or perceived) in STAR.  

I really think if we are going to come away with anything, outside a 1st round pick, in this draft.  I think we need to trade back.

Many on here want a LT and a QB.  If we are going to address this in the draft than we have to trade back.  We can't have both without it.   That said Fitterer has addressed the line quite well this offseason and I think we are going to see a much better unit by the time the season start.   BC did well in his last couple of games and the front office might be thinking. 

Let's trade down get our QB in mid first and our LT with the 2nd round we pick up in a trade.   However if these LT are gone we are confident that Brady will be able to handle the LT spot. 

Fitterer also mentioned in his press conference that we did so well in the FA market that we have positioned ourselves for BPA.  

9 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Well this does make sense.  Corral will be passed over by a couple of teams because of his injury.  We struck gold once when teams passed over a player for an injury (or perceived) in STAR.  

I really think if we are going to come away with anything, outside a 1st round pick, in this draft.  I think we need to trade back.

Many on here want a LT and a QB.  If we are going to address this in the draft than we have to trade back.  We can't have both without it.   That said Fitterer has addressed the line quite well this offseason and I think we are going to see a much better unit by the time the season start.   BC did well in his last couple of games and the front office might be thinking. 

Let's trade down get our QB in mid first and our LT with the 2nd round we pick up in a trade.   However if these LT are gone we are confident that Brady will be able to handle the LT spot. 

Fitterer also mentioned in his press conference that we did so well in the FA market that we have positioned ourselves for BPA.  

No.....just....no.

4 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

What a great rebuttal. 

Don't overthink it. Don't try to fix it all in one fell swoop. The QB fix is over for 2022. It didn't happen. Wilson, Watson, etc. Also whiffed on QB's of the same caliber as the best of this draft(Trubisky, Taylor, Brissett, etc). 

Don't trade down, take the best OT on the board or best DE on the board. 

Trading down is just begging to fug this up....again. Just like 2021, consistently fuging up our draft.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Shotgun said:

Good One GIFs | Tenor

1 hour ago, Shotgun said:

We should merge this thread with this other one. haha

Panthers have the Worst odds to make the Playoffs in the NFC

It's weird you get poo for this. Fitterer has as much to prove as Rhule. If he wasn't vehemently opposed to the Darnold trade and picking up his 19 million dollar option there is no need for empty praise. Show me something in this draft and then we can talk. Until then we have 1 pick in the top 100 and he is responsible for that.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Don't overthink it. Don't try to fix it all in one fell swoop. The QB fix is over for 2022. It didn't happen. Wilson, Watson, etc. Also whiffed on QB's of the same caliber as the best of this draft(Trubisky, Taylor, Brissett, etc). 

Don't trade down, take the best OT on the board or best DE on the board. 

Trading down is just begging to fug this up....again. Just like 2021, consistently fuging up our draft.

First of all, I don't think we screwed up last season draft.  We may not have drafted who you wanted or who we let slip by but we got quite a lot of talent last season. Had Rhule not been so bullheaded we might have seen more of them.  Outside of Smith and our LSer most of these players played.  I think we'll see some growth out of them this season.  

I'm a proponent of trading back.   I see the opportunity to get a QB and more O-line help.  

If Hutchinson or the NCSU LT (sorry to lazy to look his name up and the spelling) were available at 6, I would take them.  Otherwise, I would consider trading back especially if we get a good package for #6 and don't trade too far down.  15 would probably be my limit. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, frankw said:

It's weird you get poo for this. Fitterer has as much to prove as Rhule. If he wasn't vehemently opposed to the Darnold trade and picking up his 19 million dollar option there is no need for empty praise. Show me something in this draft and then we can talk. Until then we have 1 pick in the top 100 and he is responsible for that.

The people that think Fitterer is a genius need to examine our moves. It isn't all peaches and cream. He may actually be part of the problem and not the solution. I hope not. We all hope not. Because the answers are limited if he is also an idiot like Rhule is.

At that point, the hopes for the Panthers are just basically tied to how long Tepper is alive or wants to keep the franchise.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

First of all, I don't think we screwed up last season draft.  We may not have drafted who you wanted or who we let slip by but we got quite a lot of talent last season. Had Rhule not been so bullheaded we might have seen more of them.  Outside of Smith and our LSer most of these players played.  I think we'll see some growth out of them this season.  

I'm a proponent of trading back.   I see the opportunity to get a QB and more O-line help.  

If Hutchinson or the NCSU LT (sorry to lazy to look his name up and the spelling) were available at 6, I would take them.  Otherwise, I would consider trading back especially if we get a good package for #6 and don't trade too far down.  15 would probably be my limit. 

Yeah, I mean it is cute that most of these players played but very few made significant impacts. 

We passed up on impact, day one starters for projects or luxury picks. That was our 2021 draft. 

If you see an opportunity to get a QB in this draft, I mean....God bless is all I have to say. I suppose there are improvements over Darnold and Walker but if that is the bar, we could have accomplished that in the first day of free agency. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I mean it is cute that most of these players played but very few made significant impacts. 

Agreed no significant impact but most showed promise and another year of development and we're better off.  

I'm not against taking a LT at 6 but are you ready to ride with Darnold again?  Because at the current rate we are heading into exactly that.   Which may or may not be a bad thing.  I would like to see any of our QBs play behind this new line.  On paper it is a huge upgrade. 

I have faith in The Fiddler and Dan Morgan.  I do not have faith in Matt Rhule.  They know football and the NFL, Rhule does not.  This offseason has been overwhelmingly positive and has a different vibe from the previous two years; hopefully Rhule was stripped of some personnel decisions 

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Agreed no significant impact but most showed promise and another year of development and we're better off.  

I'm not against taking a LT at 6 but are you ready to ride with Darnold again?  Because at the current rate we are heading into exactly that.   Which may or may not be a bad thing.  I would like to see any of our QBs play behind this new line.  On paper it is a huge upgrade. 

I wasn't ready to ride with him last season but at this point I would rather we take our medicine, get rid of this shitty coach and not hamstring the future of our franchise based on this dumbasses decisions. 

Worst case scenario, we end up with another top 10 pick.