• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Athletic's Ted Nguyen scouts Kenny Pickett

Mr. Scot

12 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Replace Pickett with Bridgewater and read the article.

And if Bridgewater had a stronger arm, was more athletic and was willing to throw it down the field he would still be here and we would have won a lot more games. Pickett is Bridgewater preinjury.

• Pie 1

19 hours ago, jackson113 said:

Dollar store Andy Dalton???

Not too terrible of a comparison or a bad deal IMO.  I'd like to think that Fitt and Morgan can build a better team than the teens Bengals.  I'd take 8 years of quality production and not have 50M per year allocated to one player so we can keep a team together.  Have we ever made the playoffs for 5 seasons straight?  

image.png.e91a53f1bc534c52147b9297c6f76374.pngimage.png.b40cdc3679a5321be05ec0a3a6cb9595.png

12 hours ago, AU-panther said:

The Teddy Bridgewater and Kenny Pickett comparisons are just lazy and bad.

Maybe they are both viewed as accurate but that's about it.  While Pickett might not have an "elite" arm most are saying its above average, at the very least it's not a negative.  Teddy on the other hand, by many accounts, was considered to have a below average arm.  

Also Teddy is one of the most risk adverse QBs you will find, to a fault at times.  Whereas Pickett, at least in his senior year, was more than just a game manager.

While I might not call it a "cannon" this narrative that he is some unathletic, weak armed, game manager type is just wrong.

None of this guarantees he will have any kind of sucess at the next level, and I'm not even sure if I would spend the #6 pick on him, but its pretty obvious there are a lot of people in this forum who have really never seen him play.

Bridgewater had a better College career than Pickett, for what it's worth. 

2 hours ago, OldhamA said:

Bridgewater had a better College career than Pickett, for what it's worth. 

Not that it means much on Sunday's, but Bridgewater had just about as good a college career as Justin Herbert.  Had slightly more td's per season, higher completion percentage, more yards per season.  Herbert was a little better at not throwing int's.   

20 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

https://theathletic.com/podcast/211-the-athletic-football-show/?episode=364

This dude loves Ridder.  Acknowledges that even at the very best he is just a slightly above average nfl starter.

He eviscerates Howell and Willis.  goes into a lot of detail about hey they shouldnt be 1rst round prospects.  He is meh on Pickett as well

Great listen

I actually don’t think any of these QBs are going to be top 15 guys. But out of all of them I think Ridder may have the best chance. I know alot of people ads saying he’s “Mariotta” but he actually reminds me more of David Carr than Pickett does.